CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Otterbox - faster warranty service I've ever experienced

On Saturday morning I noticed that the thin divider between the screen and keyboard of my otterbox had cracked. I can't imagine how it happened because I've only had it for 3 weeks and it has never been dropped. Perhaps it came that way and I just didn't notice it until now.

Saturday afternoon I sent an email to Otterbox customer support asking about the warranty and method of getting a replacement.

I was expecting a reply sometime next week along the lines of "send us proof of purchase and return the broken one, and we will send you a new one."

Instead, by Saturday night I had a reply stating "email us your address and we'll send you a new one."

This morning (Sunday) I sent back an email with my address and a copy of my receipt. Then I went for a hike expecting to hear back from Otterbox on Monday or Tuesday.

By the time I got back from the hike late this afternoon I had an email stating that the replacement had been shipped.

Now that's what I call 24/7 customer service.
    Last edited by centerfield; 04-19-2009 at 05:39 PM.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I had the exact same experience except with the holster. Shipped me a new one no questions asked. The do say they come with a lifetime warranty. Awesome case too. I use it on my 8310.
    CrackBerry Abuser

They replaced my screen/keyboard cover no questions asked and quickly!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

How "grippy" are the silicone/rubber parts of the defender? I'm looking at getting one for my curve and keeping it in my carpenter jeans leg pocket. I found some dimensions and I don't think the overall size will be an issue but the grippyness (new word) could make it difficult if it is that really tacky stuff.
    Thanks!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    934 Global Posts

Nice to hear as i just ordered one as well as their heavy duty, "2.25" duty belt" Holster.

Hopefully, not having the grippyness (I like that, haha) of a typical silicon case, which are quite well, umm, "gripful"
    8830 4.5.0.160 and Droid, both on Verizon
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Just ask

I love my otterbox for my Curve..my only issue is the plastic film..it covers the camera in the back and the pics look terrible..i am working on a way to cut the film from around the camera and somehow cover the camera and protect it while i dont use it..otherwise the case is great.

JC
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    934 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hilgerone View Post
    How "grippy" are the silicone/rubber parts of the defender? I'm looking at getting one for my curve and keeping it in my carpenter jeans leg pocket. I found some dimensions and I don't think the overall size will be an issue but the grippyness (new word) could make it difficult if it is that really tacky stuff.
    Thanks!

No, it is not that tacky. I was actually hoping for enough tack to keep it in place IN MY HAND, or on say a truck console or soemthing, it's pretty NON grippy.

I have a Sansa player w/silcone cover and can hardly get it out of my shirt pocket. Collects lint etc.

The Otter that I got is pretty smooth and somewhat slippery. Would go right on and out of a pocket with ease.
    8830 4.5.0.160 and Droid, both on Verizon
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by centerfield View Post
    On Saturday morning I noticed that the thin divider between the screen and keyboard of my otterbox had cracked. I can't imagine how it happened because I've only had it for 3 weeks and it has never been dropped. Perhaps it came that way and I just didn't notice it until now.

Saturday afternoon I sent an email to Otterbox customer support asking about the warranty and method of getting a replacement.

I was expecting a reply sometime next week along the lines of "send us proof of purchase and return the broken one, and we will send you a new one."

Instead, by Saturday night I had a reply stating "email us your address and we'll send you a new one."

This morning (Sunday) I sent back an email with my address and a copy of my receipt. Then I went for a hike expecting to hear back from Otterbox on Monday or Tuesday.

By the time I got back from the hike late this afternoon I had an email stating that the replacement had been shipped.

Now that's what I call 24/7 customer service.
    I can 2nd this go with outter box, I have there 8800 case and the usb port flap fell off so i called to see if I could ship it back to get a replacement one, well all I did was say that I needed a new one they did not ask where I got it when I got it and next this I know I had not one but TWO replacment covers on the way to me, the next morning I had the tracking number in my email and now I have a spare if it fails again. THIS IS THE BEST CASE YOU WILL EVER OWN.
    Retired Forums Moderator

Global Posts
    14,950 Global Posts

Nothing beats life time warranty They have never questioned anything. I have broke clips and the rubber part has been loose. They have replaced all of them

CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

I called them with a problem holster as well. I had the shipping confirmation email before i ended the call with the cs rep. Some of the best CS anywhere.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thumbs up Wow!

I lost my screen cover, not damaged, lost and I called to order a replacement. Not only were they the friendliest CSR's i've ever talked to they also replaced my cover free of charge! I love Otterbox!
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    6,689 Global Posts
    PIN
    n/a

I too am very pleased with their CS I had odered the Defender case and it would not close all the way no matter how I tried to close it , it would however close without the plastic screen/keyboard protector on the phone.(after phone call had received shipping info from email )
    It took about 28- 30 hrs to first get a reply back perhaps getting started back from the holidays but once I started getting replies they kept coming answering all my emails and phone calls . They also are sending me a new one and no need to send old one back. , the tracking number is active so its on the way.
    I had very carefully gut the back out with a razor blade so the plastic did not cover my camera lens after reading /and seeing how this coild cause picture distoration overall could not ask for better CS from them

Quote Originally Posted by hilgerone View Post
    How "grippy" are the silicone/rubber parts of the defender? ... I found some dimensions and I don't think the overall size will be an issue but the grippyness (new word) could make it difficult if it is that really tacky stuff.
    Thanks!
    PS: The rubber trim isnt tacky at all btw
    Last edited by DavidNC; 01-08-2010 at 05:30 AM.
    ...... only cool people use android,