Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hkkelvinlee
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    2ae2b23d
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Official Blackberry online Shop down

I was wondering if anyone knew what the issue was with the official Blackberry online store? I was looking for some accessories this week that arent stocked by amazon (playbook & curve 9320) and went to the Shop Blackberry online store and it was down with an error message saying "ShopBlackBerry.com is temporarily unavailable. Were sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. Research In Motion is working to resolve this situation as quickly as possible."

I know I could also shop with Crackberry but there shipping costs to the UK are too high. Does anyone know whats happening over there? In the lead up to Xmas and with Blackberry 10 on the horizon it beggars belief that the online store could be down for almost a week.
    Founder, Fearless Leader of CrackBerry Nation

Global Posts
    3,528 Global Posts
    PIN
    It's complicated...

Hi Hakdaddy,

Yeah, the official ShopBlackBerry store is down. Their partner who ran it for them went bankrupt.

Here's the statement from RIM on it:

“Due to circumstances beyond our control, ShopBlackBerry.com is temporarily unavailable. Customers who have paid for merchandise but have yet to receive it will have their orders fulfilled by RIM as soon as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience this situation may cause.

“We are currently working to restore functionality so that customers are able to continue purchasing BlackBerry Smartphones, Tablets and Accessories from ShopBlackBerry.com in the near future. BlackBerry products remain on sale from a wide variety of retail websites and locations around the world.”

As for shopping, definitely shop from ShopCrackBerry.com! We've introduced lower cost shipping options to UK, so it should be much more reasonable than in the past.
    Kevin Michaluk
    Founder, Editor in Chief, Troll Killer, CrackBerry.com
    Chief Media Officer, Mobile Nations
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    2ae2b23d
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Michaluk View Post
    Hi Hakdaddy,

Yeah, the official ShopBlackBerry store is down. Their partner who ran it for them went bankrupt.

Here's the statement from RIM on it:

“Due to circumstances beyond our control, ShopBlackBerry.com is temporarily unavailable. Customers who have paid for merchandise but have yet to receive it will have their orders fulfilled by RIM as soon as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience this situation may cause.

“We are currently working to restore functionality so that customers are able to continue purchasing BlackBerry Smartphones, Tablets and Accessories from ShopBlackBerry.com in the near future. BlackBerry products remain on sale from a wide variety of retail websites and locations around the world.”

As for shopping, definitely shop from ShopCrackBerry.com! We've introduced lower cost shipping options to UK, so it should be much more reasonable than in the past.
    Thanks for the update Kevin I've only just seen this, wow... RIM's partner went bust, crazy! Ill definately bare shopcreckberry in mind, really want the bluetooth keyboard for my playbook and its impossible to get hold of in the UK for some reason :-)
    CrackBerry Abuser

Default Official Blackberry online Shop down

The fact that the fall of the storefront was not picked up by the media is both good and sad news.

Good in that RIM does not need any more bashing than it has endured.

Bad that probably the storefront was so little known that not a lot of peoples notice or care. I personally got to know it by the "Order Accessories" icon or something like that on my PB. I ordered my 2nd PB at the storefront and it was shipped from Germany I think to the Far East in 4 or 5 days time. Brilliant.

For now and until it is resuscitated we have Crackberry for at least accessories. I ordered from CB too!

PB: I left in a taxi my 3rd PB bought in London with a Ballistic rugged case bought from CB. Sighed...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    hakdaddy1 likes this.
    Founder, Fearless Leader of CrackBerry Nation

Global Posts
    3,528 Global Posts
    PIN
    It's complicated...

Not sure if guys saw this yet, but if you go to shopblackberry.com and click through to their list of recommended online retailers, CrackBerry is there

Shop BlackBerry - US
    Kevin Michaluk
    Founder, Editor in Chief, Troll Killer, CrackBerry.com
    Chief Media Officer, Mobile Nations
    Thanked by:
    hakdaddy1 (03-09-2013) 
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    713 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Michaluk View Post
    Not sure if guys saw this yet, but if you go to shopblackberry.com and click through to their list of recommended online retailers, CrackBerry is there

Shop BlackBerry - US

Cool! The only reason I haven't ordered yet is the important tax. That ruins the most deals for me otherwise it'd be amazing.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Hi,

Best online shopping sites in India

Genie Shop is the best online shopping website in Chennai, it makes your wish comes true.

Genie customer care center provides customer with:

Assured On time delivery with a facility to track orders online.
    Highest level of data security and privacy of information.
    Exciting reward points schemes for frequent buyers.
    Comprehensive categorization that makes product search meaningful and an enriching experience.
    Reminder service that helps you remember special occasiducts.

For more information,
    Genie Shop: iphones models and prices, Best online shopping sites in India, Online shopping for mobiles, Buy online mobiles, Canon digital camera online shopping