Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By _BB10_
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Music Gateway. Get it.

Just wanted to quickly share my thoughts on the Music Gateway now that I've had it for about one week.

Verdict? Really great. Go get one.

I go back and forth between having my PlayBook and GSII connected to it. We pretty much have music playing whenever we are home so for us this little device is perfect.

I have a very small apartment so haven't had a chance to test out the range, but I can be any where in my apartment and remain connected.

If you are big music junkie, buy the Gateway immediately. You won't regret it.
    Costa84 likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Finally got around to getting one of these. I agree with your verdict -- it's great! Might need to pick up a few more of these for Xmas presents Been using it with my iPhone in my car and with my PlayBook at home. The music comes alive on my home speakers when I use the Neutron music player (for the PlayBook) https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...28241/?lang=en.

Global Posts
    5,283 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B6927F7

It's a very nice device, but I'll admit I'm a little disappointed in the range. Can't seem to take my Bold more than 2-3 metres away
    CrackBerry User

I bought the device but I don't recomend getting it. First off it needs a seperate power supply and it needs to be plugged in 100% of the time because their is no internal battery in the device. I haven't tested this out at home but in my high end car stereo system the quality is rather poor. When your first plug in the cable into the aux supply you hear a noticeable static noise that does not go away. I've tried to use different settings between setting the master volume on the BB and my car stereo to find a perfect balance but when the music is on you can always hear the bluetooth staticky sound that I suppose is "steaming" music to car stereo. I'am by no means a audiophile I just wanted something that would play quality audio in my car but the audio quality is poor in my opinion and the fact that you have to keep it plugged in 24/7 just adds an additonal cable which makes the car dash look sloppy and an aux cable would of acomplished the same thing at a fraction of the cost.

I can't say how well this work on a home audio system but I can say with my premium car audio system the bluetooth audio transmission quality is poor.
    Between Realities

Global Posts
    11,669 Global Posts

Default Re: Music Gateway. Get it.

As I've said elsewhere, my biggest gripe is the need for it to be plugged in as well.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by trelawrence View Post
    As I've said elsewhere, my biggest gripe is the need for it to be plugged in as well.
    Yea it was my fault, I should of done my research better but when I read it comes with a charger cable I assumed it had an internal battery and I could charge it for an hour and then unplug the cable and have a nice clean wire free dashbaord but the fact it stops working the second you unplug the charging cable sucks.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    330e6cee

Quote Originally Posted by 1TIME View Post
    Yea it was my fault, I should of done my research better but when I read it comes with a charger cable I assumed it had an internal battery and I could charge it for an hour and then unplug the cable and have a nice clean wire free dashbaord but the fact it stops working the second you unplug the charging cable sucks.
    Music gateway works great in my car...fabulous sound quality...no static....Acura and audi.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by bb624 View Post
    Music gateway works great in my car...fabulous sound quality...no static....Acura and audi.
    Weird, I have a 07 BMW and the second you plug in the gateway and the other end to the aux cable if you have the volume turned down you can hear static and then when it's louder you can hear little glitches which I assume is the bluetooth streaming the music to the car audio system. I don't think Im doing anything wrong because it is workign as perscribed maybe the GPS unit is causing interference? I also have a car charger in their but I doubt that would do anything. Open to any suggestions in terms of perfecting car audio sound quality.
    Last edited by 1TIME; 11-25-2012 at 03:21 PM.
    Between Realities

Global Posts
    11,669 Global Posts

Default Re: Music Gateway. Get it.

Ditto... I should have researched more...it took me a while to figure out that it didn't hold a charge LOL. Thought I had a defective unit.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Weird, I have a 07 BMW and the second you plug in the gateway and the other end to the aux cable if you have the volume turned down you can hear static and then when it's louder you can hear little glitches which I assume is the bluetooth streaming the music to the car audio system. I don't think Im doing anything wrong because it is workign as perscribed maybe the GPS unit is causing interference? I also have a car charger in their but I doubt that would do anything. Open to any suggestions in terms of perfecting car audio sound quality.
    Probably the car charger; there's a lot of interference from those.

That's one of the major reasons I got the EDUP music gateway; it has a battery.
    CrackBerry User

Looks like that's what I should of done. Now I onyl use the aux cable from the music gateway since it produces much better quality than playing the music via bluetooth. Anyone interested in purchasing the gateway for cheap in Canada let me know .