Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    569 Global Posts
    PIN
    Less
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Mirror Like Screen Protector--do they work

I was looking on Amazon and ran across the following Screen protectors, they are mirror like, Similar to the LG Shine Screen. I was wondering if they would effect the preformance of the screen or if any one has tried one as yet.

Amazon.com: Mirror Like Screen Protector Shield for Blackberry Storm 9530 9500 Cell Phone: Cell Phones & Service
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    PM me for PIN.

Wow i might buy one to try it out. Looks pretty cool
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,328 Global Posts

The reviews seem positive.. just mentions easy fingerprint collector.

Personally, I still like/use the privacy screen

Link to screen on the iphone...

doing even more searches on youtube, they weren't kidding about the fingerprints.
    Last edited by hudss; 01-04-2009 at 12:56 PM.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,584 Global Posts
    PIN
    A Coladas, and getting caught in the rain..

I have one, I don't know that it works for privacy well but it looks really nice and typing and scrolling are just as easy with it on.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Yes they work but its a POS. You cant use your phone outside without the sun burning a hole in your retina.
    CrackBerry User

nice, i don't mind losing my eyes as long as my phone looks cool
    ~In motorcycling, you start with a full bag of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck~
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    PM ME

it's tough to tell from that picture.......why would i want it?
    Everyone has a photographic memory… some just don’t have film.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    305B26A9

You don't want it. All storms are nudists, and love to be flappin' in the breeze!

CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by bbomlet View Post
    You don't want it. All storms are nudists, and love to be flappin' in the breeze!

LOL TIS IS VERY TRUE!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    102 Global Posts

I bought one of these off of ebay for 6 dollars and the mirror part worked pretty well. The protector was so reflective that I had a hard time seeing whats on the screen. It was more important for me to see the screen than myself so I took it off. It sucks because I just wasted 6 dollars. Maybe there is a better one out there.
    8830 ---> 9530--->9550
    CrackBerry Abuser

I got one too. But I took it off a week later. It was hard to see the screen. Other than that, it was a great protector.

CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    24A258BE

I bought one for 12 bucks. Took it off in 7 minutes.

Stick with the regular one. Didnt havnt any 'privacy' action at all. Get the actual privacy one.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    944 Global Posts
    PIN
    30FD4D93

I have one purchased from ebay. It is actually for the iphone(i know i know), but my bro had it lying around and i just did some minor trimming and it fits just right. touching and scrolling are the same as without a protector and i can see the screen just fine in all light conditions plus it does give some privacy
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    353 Global Posts

Question

Does this get a lot of finger prints?
    CrackBerry User

i have one on my storm and I love it. I have had them on all my phones...the down side is the fingerprint issue...but thats gonna happen no matter what you have covering the screen...just more visable with the mirror one. It works awesome...plus its somewhat discreet...you can check yourself out (food in teeth...something on face....etc.) and people think you are looking at your phone...i havent noticed any issues with it making the screen hard to see...but I do remember that happening in the sun with my Dare...but that was a stupid phone so i blame the device not the screen protector lol...
    CrackBerry Newbie

i bought one of these for my blackberry bold and honestly it sucks i ripped it off within a week you cannot see anything in high levels of light
    you need to be in darkness to see anything on your screen
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

If you want a good screen protector, go to best buy or look online, and find an iphone anti-glare screen protector. They're super smooth and leave no finger prints as well as block the glare. Just cut it to your bb screen size and BAM, there you go. It's not a very hard thing to do and well worth it.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    PIN
    314CE93F

A friend of mine had one and he hated it because of how reflective it was under sunlight.

On a side note, I personally don't use them because I think it looks a bit tacky to have your phone shine like a giant piece of chrome like that.
    CrackBerry User

I had one, loved it for a day. It makes the screen very dark in normal light. Also made the screen seem really stiff, hard to press. Really cool idea tho...
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    304f80f5

I seen a few others mention a privacy screen protector, thought I would provide you a link to the one by 3M. Shop 3M: Display Protection & Mobile Device Privacy Films they have them for different models of BlackBerry an other phones too.

I actually do not use a screen protector because they are not needed. The screen does not scratch easily at all from my experience. I've had my storm in my pocket with keys several times and still no scratches.
    Running Lyricidal's 5.0.0.419/.607 hybrid and loving it!
    CrackBerry Abuser

LOVE the look of mine, but pretty much everything is summed up in the previous posts about fingerprints, hard to see in high light areas (worthless in the sunlight), does provide a small amount of privacy from angles, phone perform just as well with it on...

the thing I'm getting tied up on is the price some people here got it for. $12!?!?! I got mine for $1.50 off Amazon, and that was TWO protectors and shipping cost. Needless to say, if I didn't like the way my phone looked with it on, I would have torn it off a loooong time ago and gone with a clear one simply because of the light issue. I mean, you can only shine the sun's glare into your buddy's face while he's driving so many times before it's no fun anymore... :\
    Verizon Storm 9530 (March 2009 - Present)
    4.7.0.75 >> 4.7.0.148 >> 4.7.0.151 >> 5.0.0.230 >> 5.0.0.323 >> 5.0.0.328 >> 5.0.0.591