Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Is this just an ongoing case of bad luck for me?

Well, I was previously on a 2 year contract. I had a BlackBerry Storm 1. Due to constant faulty phones, white screens, never have reception and so forth, I ended up having 1 Storm 1, and 4 Storm 2s. 2 weeks before my contract ended, my Storm 2 broke again, and I had a replacement. In January, I renewed my contract and I wanted an iPhone 4 or an Android. For some reason, when it actually came to picking a phone, I picked the BlackBerry Torch. Now I sit here with my 3rd Torch already and it's only February. I also have a brand New Storm 2 not being used.

I'm guessing I'm the only one to have had this many replacement BBs in such a short time?
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    ( ͡•_͡•)

I don't know why you're having such bad luck. I'm still using the one I got last year - 14 months ago. No problems at all, and this is the experience of most of my friends with a BB.
    “When you hold resentment toward another, you are bound to that person or condition by an emotional link that is stronger than steel. Forgiveness is the only way to dissolve that link and get free.” C. Ponder

101 Lecture Series
    CrackBerry User

I think its hit and miss. Although this is only my second BB. My old curve 8330 is still going strong and now in the wifes hands. Never an issue. My current Bold 9650 is just 3 months old and I've already replaced the track pad ( half the finish chipped off ) and the key pad ( paint wore off of several keys ) I consider that to be poor quality control. You have had many issues which doesn't seem normal but I still say its the luck of the draw! Many on here have not had issues. I'm sure for you its been frustrating. Good luck in your search!
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

It's very frustrating. I don't think anyone has had as many BB replacements as me. On top of that, I can't use the keyboard! Music Player crashes and DM doesn't recognise my phone after the 1st time. The other 2 Torches had that problem, I was told the devices were faulty and paid for replacements. Since half an hour ago, I can't use Facebook or Twitter, and BBM is slow.

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    16,073 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thebbnoob View Post
    It's very frustrating. I don't think anyone has had as many BB replacements as me. On top of that, I can't use the keyboard! Music Player crashes and DM doesn't recognise my phone after the 1st time. The other 2 Torches had that problem, I was told the devices were faulty and paid for replacements. Since half an hour ago, I can't use Facebook or Twitter, and BBM is slow.

There are some outages this morning. Facebook is down for me as well and I've heard that Twitter is down.
    pr1nce
    iMore Ambassador and Moderator
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Quote Originally Posted by princebb View Post
    There are some outages this morning. Facebook is down for me as well and I've heard that Twitter is down.
    I can use them now without having to use my browser, but they seem a bit unstable. I had to do loads of battery pulls for BBM. I guess I'm gonna have to call again since this phone seems faulty, minus the Twitter/FB problem, cause I think everyone has it.

CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

So I just finished talking to the technical team. I'm getting.ANOTHER replacement on Tuesday. This is my 10th one now...

CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

So the courier just came to my house today. Did an exchange, I take the phone out and the insides are all chipped up, and dented. Back it goes... Not even attempting to use it. This is now my 3rd replacement, which means I can get a different handset I want. ¬_¬ I wonder if I should jump, or keep using these FailBerries I keep getting.
    Last edited by thebbnoob; 03-01-2011 at 07:25 AM.
    CrackBerry Genius

Man, that is some really bad luck! Do you have this issue with anything else in life or just BB's? I have been through 2 9700's and only returned first one due to long load times, which ened up finding out I had memory cleaner on and made times longer...well TMobile said keep new one, no worries!

Both had been great in the year I have had them...I do get the paint chipping on keys, but I nail type a lot. My fault....

Glad I don't have your luck...

Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    70,630 Global Posts

Well it's either bad luck or it's you.
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    Posted from my phone or pc or tablet that are no better than anyone else's
    Woopie Doopie we have em fun

6 months with the Torch, no issues. 18 months with a Bold 9000 and two years with a Curve 8310 before that, not a single issue. Something sounds really wrong here.
    Ed

Ursus moderatus levisomnus.

Global Posts
    33,443 Global Posts
    PIN
    PIN:K Floyd!

Storm1 multiple issues, but my Storm2 and my Bold 9650 have been great! Also in the past I never had issue with my 7290, or my 8700c either. Just that pesky Storm1, I will NEVER forget that. Nor will Verizon and RIM, cause this wheel got real squeeky.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts

I had 7 Storm1's before VZW gave me a Storm2. The only problem I've had with the Storm2 was a cracked screen which was my fault (insurance FTW!). This Storm2 is 8 months old and I love it.