Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default epik resin or skin case for 9650?

I just ordered my bold 9650 and i'm looking to get a case + screen protector. I have read good things about the Epik cases, but it seems that I can only find them to fit the Tour. Unfortunately the charging port is in a different location i've heard on the Bold, so i would have to remove the case each time to charge it. I also looked at the skin case from the crackberry stores, but I feel like that would grab onto my jean pockets a lot.

I like the Epik case, but can anyone give me some insight on just how thick it is? Is it a "hard" case? I have a hard plastic case on my ipod touch...and i really like it but it is a tiny bit bulky. I'd like the case on my new bold to be thin so that it does not really take much away from the appearance of the phone.

Also, I saw that the Clarivue screen protectors are really nice. Would you guys recommend the ultra clear or anti glare?
    CrackBerry User

the epik cases are thin enough so that when you have them on the phone, they phone still fits in the oem holster, which is a plus. and they are more durable and a bit harder than your average silicone case. this offers the protection of a hard case as well as the softness (in case you drop it) of a true silicone case.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

thats exactly what im looking for. unfortunately i've yet to find the epik case for the 9650...i'll have to keep searching
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,900 Global Posts
    PIN
    G pong is not a sport

From looking on ebay, it looks like the hole for the charging port is wide enough to accommodate the slightly repositioned charging port. If not, an exacto knife would fix it.
    Another Ramblin' Rehab Reject! http://bit.ly/dXrNpz
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,133 Global Posts
    PIN
    NED YA AGAIN !

I am working with the manufacturer to get the 9630 Epik cases modified to work with the 9650 also.

Hopefully I have them on my website in a couple weeks.

For now, a 9630 Epik and a exacto knife or heavy duty hole puncher would do the trick.
    Go Suns !
    CrackBerry Abuser

the 9630 case works, the phone does charge with the wall adapter better than the USB PC one. With the PC one if you bump it, the charge cord comes out. With the wall charger it still fits pretty decent, but not as good as it did with the 9630. Will be knifing to make it bigger while I wait for the EPIK 9650.

But the 9630 case is not completely unuseable
    CrackBerry Newbie

Justin.

do they make the case in just a black color for the 9650?

not really feeling the smoke color one i have for the 9630. It fits the 9650 fine besides the charging port.....

its a great case but it would look way more clean if it was just black IMO

also....just fyi i would strongly discourage anyone taking an exacto knife to it. i tried it on the first one i had and it looked awefull. i had to buy another one. the lines have to be stamped out or its all jagged in the thickness of it, and clearly visable even if you have a nice clean even cut.
    Last edited by viper800; 06-28-2010 at 05:15 PM.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

I got one from Justin and it is AWESOME. Exactly what I wanted. Tight fit, slides into pocket easy, no pocket lint, and gives great grip to the phone which makes it easier to do EVERYTHing. I took a pair of scissors (Didn't have a hole punch) to enlarge the usb part and the earphone part as my car adaptor would not fit. After a little snipping, it is perfect and look no worse for the wear. No worries about making modifications to it for me.Even if a 9650 specific came out, I would not get one as I currently have one that is perfect.
    My 2cents.
    I don't dig the smoke color either, but what r u gonna do? It's the best case ever.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    Optional, but not needed.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f77/epi...e-best-382432/

Found the megathread.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Flamers, don't even try, I have my waterhose ready
    GNU/Linux distros of choice: Ubuntu, Mint (or anything based on debian that's still geared towards beginners and isn't too bloated).

My Tweets, Wordpress Blog, My Statuses, My Formspring.me & Videos (Viddler), (Dailymotion), (YouTube Partner channel)
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    PM me.....

Where can u get the Epik cases?
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,061 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ata. Ask for pin!

Ebay or degasis.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Global Posts
    33,443 Global Posts
    PIN
    PIN:K Floyd!

I'm not sure if they ever DID get the Epik updated for the 9650!