- CrackBerry Abuser
- 444 Posts
Did RIM update the charging pod for the 9900?
Just wondering if there was a design change or update to the charging pod for the 9900, read a lot of bad reviews about it and I just got a 9900 and want a pod for my nightstand.
I read a review on amazon that said someone was offered an updated replacement for the original one and wanted to see if that was legit.
- 12-04-12, 03:52 AM #2
OP - Seidio makes a charging dock that allows charging with some of their cases still on the 9900 and also comes with a little plastic insert used to charge the phone naked. I have both the OEM dock and the Seidio dock, and like both, but the Seidio dock gets more use from me. It's a larger, beefier base and I trust it to keep my 9900 from being knocked over while charging.
Go to the CrackBerry store and compare the two.It was recently pointed out to me that SugarSync was still in my signature, and no longer available for free. It was a nice (free) ride, SugarSync, but I'm seeing Box and Dropbox now, via BB10 integration.
- 12-04-12, 04:48 PM #3
There is a video review of the chargin dock made by Kevin which demonstrates the charging problems people are talking about. Basicly it seems to be simple to disconnect the phone from the charging pins by just heavy vibrations. Like for example you might somehow strike against your night stand.
I don't know if there is an updated version, yet the rather unsecure charging connection kept me away from buying it.
- By WitchieOne in forum BBOS Phone AccessoriesReplies: 5Last Post: 01-17-10, 12:11 PM
- By WitchieOne in forum BlackBerry Curve 85xxReplies: 5Last Post: 01-17-10, 12:11 PM
- By Teknologik_addiction in forum BlackBerry Tour 9630Replies: 2Last Post: 07-22-09, 11:24 PM
- By Teknologik_addiction in forum BBOS Phone AccessoriesReplies: 2Last Post: 07-22-09, 11:24 PM
- By dmradloff in forum BBOS Phone AccessoriesReplies: 0Last Post: 02-09-09, 05:23 PM