Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Did RIM update the charging pod for the 9900?

Just wondering if there was a design change or update to the charging pod for the 9900, read a lot of bad reviews about it and I just got a 9900 and want a pod for my nightstand.

I read a review on amazon that said someone was offered an updated replacement for the original one and wanted to see if that was legit.

Thanks
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,900 Global Posts
    PIN
    nacle of phones: BB!

OP - Seidio makes a charging dock that allows charging with some of their cases still on the 9900 and also comes with a little plastic insert used to charge the phone naked. I have both the OEM dock and the Seidio dock, and like both, but the Seidio dock gets more use from me. It's a larger, beefier base and I trust it to keep my 9900 from being knocked over while charging.

Go to the CrackBerry store and compare the two.
    It was recently pointed out to me that SugarSync was still in my signature, and no longer available for free. It was a nice (free) ride, SugarSync, but I'm seeing Box and Dropbox now, via BB10 integration.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,813 Global Posts

There is a video review of the chargin dock made by Kevin which demonstrates the charging problems people are talking about. Basicly it seems to be simple to disconnect the phone from the charging pins by just heavy vibrations. Like for example you might somehow strike against your night stand.

I don't know if there is an updated version, yet the rather unsecure charging connection kept me away from buying it.
    CrackBerry Addict

I had one of the original, "flat" docks and wasn't impressed - the phone easly slipped off the contacts, wasn't stable, etc. So I searched and got one of these docks instead. Much more stable and works great.
    Twitter.com/K9Carly