Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Case-Mate Smart Skin for Storm

Curious why no thread on the Case-Mate Smart Skin that was recently featured on Crackberry.

The comments indicate some potential for dust protection as well. I like that! But this is the first case I have seen that covers the buttons.. Wondering if anyone has tried it? Does it really overlap the edge of the screen enough to help fight dust?
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Quanius View Post
    Curious why no thread on the Case-Mate Smart Skin that was recently featured on Crackberry.

The comments indicate some potential for dust protection as well. I like that! But this is the first case I have seen that covers the buttons.. Wondering if anyone has tried it? Does it really overlap the edge of the screen enough to help fight dust?
    This looks nice for sure.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Just got one for my wife and she isn't home right now so I put it on mine. I have made a few calls and the sound on both ends is good - this was a problem with a Seidio case. I like that the buttons are covered and it feels natural. I like it so much that I will order a black one for myself so I don't have to walk around with a Red Storm. It does cover the screen just right. You will notice that the Storm has a black edge around the screen that is not used, it only covers that area. Pretty smart design.
    Lyricidal's Hybrids
    CrackBerry Genius

Good, I just ordered one myself. I want the most case coverage possible.
    CrackBerry User

i had a case similar to that and it made it hard to press the edge of the screen when typing. just a thought
    CrackBerry User

Would this case fit with the seidio holster?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

I can't wait to read more reviews! I'm just waiting for them to make a pink one!

CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Great feedback! I had faith there would be a decent case out there at a reasonable price. I will give it a try! I saw a discount coupon for the case mate store: MARCH20 which gives 20% off.. Strange thing is it discounts the shopping cart but comes up as an invalid coupon and I cannot proceed to purchase/checkout.

Better yet.. found it on ebay for $17, free shipping.
    Last edited by Quanius; 03-24-2009 at 05:20 PM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    3056c864

Am I the only one who noticed that the pictures are incongruous with the actual physiology of the Storm? Looks like they took a picture of the screen (black border and all) and shrunk it in Photoshop to fit in the picture of their case.

If my Storm only had that little usable screen space, I would have returned it and asked for the "big boy" version.

CrackBerry Abuser

Yeah, poorly Photoshopped. I would think it'd be the product's differentiating factor to cover the edges of the screen (notably the bottom part) compared to other skins.

Link to Case-Mate: Smart Skin BlackBerry Storm Cases (back view also)
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    KY & THE BRAIN

I'm just curious as to how sturdy these cases are... as to maintaining it's shape... how much lint/dust it collects.... does lint/dust get in under the case due to the case loosing it's form and stretching?

My personal experience with silicone cases makes me rather hesitant on picking one of these up. Although it does appear to be one of the best looking ones that I've seen out there thus far.

Looking forward to someone giving this product a proper review.
    "And sheperds we shall be for thee, my Lord for thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand. Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands. So we shall flow a river fourth to Thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be."
    In Nomeni Parpi Et Fili Spiritus Sancti
    http://madcatt.mybrute.com
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

It is a sticky material?
    i.e. does it cling to cloth making it difficult to remove from a pocket?

This case looks almost perfect for me, I just wonder if it will be difficult to get in an out of my pocket.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

I'm holding out for the Case-Mate leather case.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    KY & THE BRAIN

Quote Originally Posted by mstr_pixel View Post
    I'm holding out for the Case-Mate leather case.
    Are they actually making one for the Storm?

If so... I hope it's just as good as their other ones for BB's.
    "And sheperds we shall be for thee, my Lord for thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand. Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands. So we shall flow a river fourth to Thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be."
    In Nomeni Parpi Et Fili Spiritus Sancti
    http://madcatt.mybrute.com
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts

I use the charging pod on my home desk, so one requirement I have for any case is that it either
    a. allow the Storm to fit into the cradle and charge properly (e.g. invisible shield), or
    b. be easy enough to remove and put on that it's not a problem

Can anybody comment on that aspect of this case? I haven't found one in a local store, and thus haven't been able to get any feel for these practicalities.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Don't even know what this is

does it protect the screen?? cuz i want to order a seidio innocase w/ da screen protector and im holding out till i get an answer
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    737 Global Posts
    PIN
    the tail on the donkey

Holding out for CaseMate Leather as well. Saw one on a Iphone and it easily surpasses the best of the leather cases with the likely exception of Vaja. However, when I'm ready for a new silicone, this will be the one. Nice, subtle improvements over the BB Silicone.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I'd be more inclined to buy one if there was a blue version. They do look nice though

CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #19  

It's been several weeks of using this case and I still enjoy it. I really like the feel of how it covers the buttons. My only complaint is that due to the coverage on the edge of the screen, typing in portrait is slightly obstructed. However I am content with this very minor obstruction to benefit from the added dust protection the overlap provides. The alternative for me was the Otterbox which looks nice but was a little overkill for my use and pricepoint.

PROs:
    -Price, $16
    -Dust protection
    -Easy to remove for batt pull
    -Full button Protection for Storms with the flimsy buttons.

CONS:
    -Obstruction in portrait (full keyboard)
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,878 Global Posts

they will not fit the blackberry charging cradle they are too thick. they are a bit thicker than other silicone cases which is nice because ti does prevent them from wearing out or losing their tension however they are not ideal for pocket use. i would recommend one with the seidio innocase holster hopefully it would fit i do not know for sure. but yes i would love to see more color options perhaps a white and blue? maybe even green

o and it also does not protect the screen but if you have seen the strength of the screen it is damn hard to scratch and you could just use a screen protector.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    197 Global Posts

Default Case mate

Bought this two weeks ago and still liking it. It is rugged, yet not overpowering. Had a silicon skin before ...too weak for me. It does make it tough to get out of your pocket, but I guess that's the point. It has a nice feel to it as well.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,399 Global Posts
    PIN
    Do Droids have PIN's?

Quote Originally Posted by ReaperZ1013 View Post
    they will not fit the blackberry charging cradle they are too thick. they are a bit thicker than other silicone cases which is nice because ti does prevent them from wearing out or losing their tension however they are not ideal for pocket use. i would recommend one with the seidio innocase holster hopefully it would fit i do not know for sure. but yes i would love to see more color options perhaps a white and blue? maybe even green

o and it also does not protect the screen but if you have seen the strength of the screen it is damn hard to scratch and you could just use a screen protector.
    It is true it doesnt protect the screen but it does come with a screen protector which is a nice option for the money. I love this case and how it feels. I forgot what my phone was like without the case on. Weird.
    CrackBerry User

I have a $10 case that I bought from a Verizon kiosk and it covers the buttons...it's the one with the white pattern on that back.
    CrackBerry User

Default Case-Mate Smart Skin

Quote Originally Posted by Quanius View Post

Hey there Stomers....

I got one, also for my wife's Storm, when we joined the "Stormers" on the big "V" three weeks back. She wanted the dark purple one, that you see in the add, so presto-mundo, $19 dollars at the big "V" store (less my 20% discount), so it seemed like the thing to do. The fit is good according to her and I've looked it over. Snug fit, but not too tight as to remove it for whatever reason. The only thing she has said to me, as it is the only thing covering her phone (other than the screen protector), is that it seems to attract fuzz/lint when in her purse pocket. She likes the fact it covers her buttons but leaves the recharge port open (for data transfer also). More as it is being used...... Overall rating she gives it is an 8 out of ten.....

Hawk
    CrackBerry Newbie

I recently purchased this and took it off within 10 minutes of trying it. Made it very difficult to touch the edges of the screen, especially when trying to use Close from any menu. I was considerably unimpressed.
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" Friedrich Nietzsche
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast