I received my case-mate smart skin this week and fell in love. I have always been skeptical of silicone cases, but I really liked the fact that this protected my keyboard as well. After spending a few days with it, I am in love and have just ordered one in silver as well. Although past reviews are correct about the recessed trackball and dim keyboard, I got used to the differences and the overall pros of this case definately outweigh the cons.
    Autostandby, however, was a program I was truly a non-believer in. I figured why couldn't I just put it in standby on my own? Well, after having the case a couple of days, I realized how much I miss the sleeper magnet function of my leather case and how forgetful I could be of putting my Bold into standby. I finally caved and purchased the program and haven't looked back since.
    Usually after a full days use of 30 phone calls and a combonation of countless texts and emails plus web surfing, I would wind up with next to nothing left of my battery life (10% down to the blinking yellow light). I even purchased a second battery so if it did die during the day, I had a back up. With the combo of the case and program, after a full days use, I am only at a 80% batt life as I type this. When the program advertises it saves the battery, it is not lying. I love these two together!
    01-31-09 07:46 PM
    I have always been skeptical of that program, wondering the enhancement,but after your review, I think I may pull the trigger on it!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-31-09 07:55 PM
    Good share. I still cannot do a skin on my BB. It is just not my idea of fun.
    01-31-09 07:59 PM
    That program was probably the best investment I ever made for my blackberry. Got it for $0.99 too!
    01-31-09 08:13 PM
    I don't like that case, it makes the bold look ugly (in my opinion of course) I have no protection once it is outside the holster. I just don't want to cover up such a beautiful looking device. I'm looking got a nice leather slip holster (opened top) for when it is in my inside coat pocket, any suggestions? Preferably with a magnet to up it to sleep.
    01-31-09 08:15 PM
    I don't like that case, it makes the bold look ugly (in my opinion of course) I have no protection once it is outside the holster. I just don't want to cover up such a beautiful looking device. I'm looking got a nice leather slip holster (opened top) for when it is in my inside coat pocket, any suggestions? Preferably with a magnet to up it to sleep.
    kinda like what came with the curve?

I might be interested in that too.
    01-31-09 08:47 PM
    I bought the autostandby too, it's a great program, you can configure the settings to meet your needs too.

I found this program also, I haven't used it, but it looks to be similar and it's freeware, so it might be worth a try:

geek and proud - BlackBerry Software

Although now that I re-read the site, I'm not sure that it's the same. It looks like it just does a keyboard lock, but still worth a try.

Dave
    01-31-09 09:04 PM
    What OS r u running? Do u have a mem card?

02-01-09 06:04 PM
    I like the case but to turn off Autostandby you have to push the mute button. This is not very easy with the case on.
    02-02-09 09:46 PM
    What OS r u running? Do u have a mem card?

I am running OS .228 and have a 16gb mem card.
    02-02-09 09:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD