Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Case-mate Smart Skin+autostandby=awesome Battery Life!!!!!

I received my case-mate smart skin this week and fell in love. I have always been skeptical of silicone cases, but I really liked the fact that this protected my keyboard as well. After spending a few days with it, I am in love and have just ordered one in silver as well. Although past reviews are correct about the recessed trackball and dim keyboard, I got used to the differences and the overall pros of this case definately outweigh the cons.
    Autostandby, however, was a program I was truly a non-believer in. I figured why couldn't I just put it in standby on my own? Well, after having the case a couple of days, I realized how much I miss the sleeper magnet function of my leather case and how forgetful I could be of putting my Bold into standby. I finally caved and purchased the program and haven't looked back since.
    Usually after a full days use of 30 phone calls and a combonation of countless texts and emails plus web surfing, I would wind up with next to nothing left of my battery life (10% down to the blinking yellow light). I even purchased a second battery so if it did die during the day, I had a back up. With the combo of the case and program, after a full days use, I am only at a 80% batt life as I type this. When the program advertises it saves the battery, it is not lying. I love these two together!
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    7,372 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have always been skeptical of that program, wondering the enhancement,but after your review, I think I may pull the trigger on it!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    The CBK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PIN
    "No Pin For You!"

Good share. I still cannot do a skin on my BB. It is just not my idea of fun.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,547 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That program was probably the best investment I ever made for my blackberry. Got it for $0.99 too!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't like that case, it makes the bold look ugly (in my opinion of course) I have no protection once it is outside the holster. I just don't want to cover up such a beautiful looking device. I'm looking got a nice leather slip holster (opened top) for when it is in my inside coat pocket, any suggestions? Preferably with a magnet to up it to sleep.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,547 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Freakyweakywoo View Post
    I don't like that case, it makes the bold look ugly (in my opinion of course) I have no protection once it is outside the holster. I just don't want to cover up such a beautiful looking device. I'm looking got a nice leather slip holster (opened top) for when it is in my inside coat pocket, any suggestions? Preferably with a magnet to up it to sleep.
    kinda like what came with the curve?

I might be interested in that too.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bought the autostandby too, it's a great program, you can configure the settings to meet your needs too.

I found this program also, I haven't used it, but it looks to be similar and it's freeware, so it might be worth a try:

geek and proud - BlackBerry Software

Although now that I re-read the site, I'm not sure that it's the same. It looks like it just does a keyboard lock, but still worth a try.

Dave
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    363 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PIN
    22C67047

What OS r u running? Do u have a mem card?

CrackBerry Abuser

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the case but to turn off Autostandby you have to push the mute button. This is not very easy with the case on.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

Quote Originally Posted by SuperTone View Post
    What OS r u running? Do u have a mem card?

I am running OS .228 and have a 16gb mem card.