Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default CASE: Case-Mate Barely There for BlackBerry Z10?

Hi Team CrackBerry,

First off, thanks for the reply Kevin, on this post: How to unlock your BlackBerry Z10 from Canadian carriers! | CrackBerry.com
    On that video, I saw a case that was not shown on CrackBerry before, and thus inquired about it.

Now knowing that it is a Case-Mate Barely There White for the Z10, I was wondering if you guys were going to hold some in your shop?
    I'd rather spend some money here on CrackBerry rather than elsewhere if it's priced the same :P.

For more info, here's from the Manufacturer: Case-Mate BlackBerry Z10 Barely There Cases (Case-Mate BBZ10-BT), BlackBerry Z10 Cases | Covers | Accessories | Case-Mate !

For a simplistic looking device like the Z10, a simple case like this would look great on it.. Though a transform flip case is tempting as well...!
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    It feels snappier...

I picked up a black Case-Mate Barely There for my black Z10 when I got the phone. The Rogers store had it for sale. It is a great case. Not too big, covers everything nicely and gives plenty of access to the buttons and inputs.
    [shabbs]
    BlackBerry Z10/STL100-3 [OS v10.2.1.3175]
    BlackBerry PlayBook 32GB [OS v2.1.0.1753]
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Thanks for letting me know about your feedbacks of the case! Haha, after a while I decided to get myself a case too! Haha simple and nice, especially getting the job done!

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    CrackBerry Founder

Global Posts
    3,658 Global Posts
    PIN
    It's complicated...

Hey Guys,

Already have Case-Mate Barely There cases in the CrackBerry Canada store, with everything hitting the US store as the launch there approaches.

Case-Mate Crafted Wood Series Case (Rosewood) (CM025205) for BlackBerry Z10 | BlackBerry Cases

Case-Mate Crafted Wood Series Case (Zebrawood) (CM025198) for BlackBerry Z10 | BlackBerry Cases

Case-Mate Silver Brushed FX Aluminum Barely There Case (CM025194) (Silver) for BlackBerry Z10 | BlackBerry Cases

with more Case-Mates and others in stock, or coming in soon...

BlackBerry Z10 Cases | CrackBerry Canada

Just cause you have one case, doesn't mean you have to stop. Get more

Kevin
    Kevin Michaluk
    Founder, CrackBerry.com
    Chief Media Officer, Mobile Nations
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    It feels snappier...

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Michaluk View Post
    HA HA! Kevin is always workin' hard...

That brushed aluminum one looks wicked.
    [shabbs]
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Michaluk View Post
    Hey Guys,

Already have Case-Mate Barely There cases in the CrackBerry Canada store, with everything hitting the US store as the launch there approaches.

Case-Mate Crafted Wood Series Case (Rosewood) (CM025205) for BlackBerry Z10 | BlackBerry Cases

Case-Mate Crafted Wood Series Case (Zebrawood) (CM025198) for BlackBerry Z10 | BlackBerry Cases

Case-Mate Silver Brushed FX Aluminum Barely There Case (CM025194) (Silver) for BlackBerry Z10 | BlackBerry Cases

with more Case-Mates and others in stock, or coming in soon...

BlackBerry Z10 Cases | CrackBerry Canada

Kevin
    Haha Kevin! Just cause you said that, I'll most likely get another case when the selection is larger :P And yes I do agree with shabbs, that brushed aluminium one looks great.
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    It feels snappier...

I just ordered the Silver Brushed FX Aluminum Barely There Case from CrackBerry.com. Sweet!

Case-Mate Silver Brushed FX Aluminum Barely There Case for BlackBerry Z10
    [shabbs]
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,804 Global Posts

Will nfc work with an aluminum case?

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    It feels snappier...

Quote Originally Posted by djenkins6 View Post
    Will nfc work with an aluminum case?
    We'll soon find out...

I'm sure it will. I would imagine that would have to be one of the "specs" for a case to allow NFC.
    [shabbs]
    CrackBerry Genius

Anyone know where I can pick up this case?

Case-Mate BlackBerry Z10 Barely There Cases (Case-Mate BBZ10-BT), BlackBerry Z10 Cases | Covers | Accessories | Case-Mate

It's showing out of stock on the case mate site and it's not in the Crackberry store
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    It feels snappier...

Quote Originally Posted by rajbir01 View Post
    Anyone know where I can pick up this case?

Case-Mate BlackBerry Z10 Barely There Cases (Case-Mate BBZ10-BT), BlackBerry Z10 Cases | Covers | Accessories | Case-Mate

It's showing out of stock on the case mate site and it's not in the Crackberry store
    That's the case I have now. I got mine at a Rogers store when I got my Z10. Maybe check one out?
    [shabbs]
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by shabbs View Post
    That's the case I have now. I got mine at a Rogers store when I got my Z10. Maybe check one out?
    Went their yesterday and picked up the last Case Mate Barely There in Black. Going to return my Transform Case. The Barely There feels so much better in the hand
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    It feels snappier...

My Silver Brushed FX Aluminum Barely There Case arrived yesterday. Solid case, offers great protection but quite slippery with the brushed finish. Will be good to take on trips. It took me a while to figure out how to get it on and off. Did not realize it was a two-piece case. Was worried I was going to bend it. For every day use, the Case-Mate Barely There in Black is the one for me. Not too big, and just the right amount of protection.
    [shabbs]
    CrackBerry Abuser

Hello,

What is the thickness measurement of the case-mate barely there? I can't seem to find it on the web.
    I have .3mm on my ip5 and i'm quite happy with it, I dropped my ip5 several times and the it protected my phone.

Clear Ultra Thin 0 3mm Matte Protector Case Cover for Apple iPhone 5 5g 5th | eBay

I hope they made one for Z10
    Last edited by phey_05; 02-17-2013 at 02:28 AM.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,207 Global Posts

Hate to say it but nearly impossible to find any cases around here. . . . even WalMart doesnt have carry Z10 cases !!!!
    I've made TWO orders on CrackBerry and had to cancel them because one or more cases were either back ordered or "pre" ordered. Sorry but I am NOT impressed. Heck CB site only shows 3 screen covers and only 1 is available (the other 2 are preorders) This is sub par. I'd like to support CB but so frustrated about this issue. If I could find a case I like locally (I checked,Walmart, TheSource, BestBuy, Futureshop, Telus Store, Rogers Store, Bell store, random mall kiosk ) I would pick one up but no one carries any stock of cases (The Source HAD 2 when phone released and hasnt replenished since. FS/BB also have not replenished thier stock of cases.) Seems the phones are selling great but no one gives a @$^$ about the accessories.
    Last edited by CDM76; 02-17-2013 at 06:28 AM.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #16  

Quote Originally Posted by CDM76 View Post
    Hate to say it but nearly impossible to find any cases around here. . . . even WalMart doesnt have carry Z10 cases !!!!
    I've made TWO orders on CrackBerry and had to cancel them because one or more cases were either back ordered or "pre" ordered. Sorry but I am NOT impressed. Heck CB site only shows 3 screen covers and only 1 is available (the other 2 are preorders) This is sub par. I'd like to support CB but so frustrated about this issue. If I could find a case I like locally (I checked,Walmart, TheSource, BestBuy, Futureshop, Telus Store, Rogers Store, Bell store, random mall kiosk ) I would pick one up but no one carries any stock of cases (The Source HAD 2 when phone released and hasnt replenished since. FS/BB also have not replenished thier stock of cases.) Seems the phones are selling great but no one gives a @$^$ about the accessories.
    Hey CDM76 where are you located? Are you using the canadian CrackBerry shop or the US one? From what I know there's definitely more than three choices on the Canadian shop. Also Kevin as repeatedly saying that their team's been working lots to get most accessories and also getting current ones back in stock (whether it's cases, battery charger bundle, etc etc.) I've been seeing lots of cases in stock but just waiting for more selections.As for the US store, more will be available at their launch in March as right now I believe it's only in the pre ordering status.

Posted via CB10
  17. j4y
    CrackBerry User

looks slick, let us know if it works with NFC, the product info says 2 piece, wonder if it replaces the stock back cover?