Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    28CFC8A0
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Bold 9900 Best Case Around?

Yooo. What are the best cases that you have bought? Share it here though. I just bought a carbon fibre styled back case, and I'm planning to buy the BodyGuardz Armour Carbon Fiber for my bold 9900. What do you think of it?
    CrackBerry Addict

I use the Commuter Otterbox with the Bold 9000 holster. Great combination. Though the back of the hard back on the Otterbox scratches easily - but I guess it's better to scratch something I paid $35 for than something I paid $350 for.

It's a bit of a pain if a battery pull is required, but my phone hasn't required many, so it's not so bad.

JB
    If I've helped you or given you a healthy dose of reality, click the Like or Thanks button
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,122 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AB9C463

Otterbox Defender for me. I don't do battery pulls so it's not an issue for me. On the week-ends I'll sport a hard half case with the holster from the 9000, or just the OEM holster that came with the 9900.
    Cuius testiculos habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum...
    Z10 (v10.2.x.xxx Rogers), Playbook (v2.1.0.1314) | Rooted SGS IV
    CrackBerry Addict

hands down OEM hardshell.. on the phone it looks like it's part of the phone, not noticable like a bulky aftermarket case... i still prefer rocking the phone naked tho
    Z30 | HTC one (m7)
    10.2.1.2179 | Kitkat 4.4.2
    CrackBerry Abuser

yooooooo, nakked for me as well
    Retired Superstar

Global Posts
    15,722 Global Posts

Yup OtterBox Commuter

And on relax days, OEM hard Shell

CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by LordCrankypants View Post
    I use the Commuter Otterbox with the Bold 9000 holster. Great combination. Though the back of the hard back on the Otterbox scratches easily - but I guess it's better to scratch something I paid $35 for than something I paid $350 for.

It's a bit of a pain if a battery pull is required, but my phone hasn't required many, so it's not so bad.
    I also have the Otterbox commuter and I use it with the Seidio Active holster. I also have OEM 9000 holster from blackberry, but the 9900 with the OB Commuter is way to tight a fit to work in my case.
    CrackBerry Addict

I found it tight at first, but after a few days, the leather has stretched a bit and it's a much better fit than it intially was. And I'm really happy the sensor to turn off the screen works despite this not being the right case for the phone.

JB
    If I've helped you or given you a healthy dose of reality, click the Like or Thanks button
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    28CFC8A0
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

Hmm... What about the BodyGuardz CF film? How good is it?
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    259 Global Posts

Casemate used to make a black "BarelyThere" case which I LOVED on my old 9900. I sold my old 9900 a few months ago and just recently bought a new 9900 (White) and I've been trying to find that same case with no luck .. I can find it in various colours BUT Black.

I like it because it's hardly noticeable on the phone. I would love to rock it naked, but, I find it's damn slippery and I've already nearly dropped it like 5 times in a 24hr period
    9900 White
    PlayBook 64gb
    AXOBERRY likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

OEM softshell is the first case I've actually used before. Really like it so far, makes the phone a little thicker and makes it look like there is a black bezel on it now. For a total of $15 hard to go wrong with this case!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    287 Global Posts

I use the Skinomi carbon fiber skin so basically the same as the thing you ordered. I just can't stand any added thickness and I never drop my phone. Knock on wood...
  13. tnc
    CrackBerry Newbie

I gotta chime in here. I have been using the Otterbox Defender from day one on my 9900. Didn't like it from word go... rubber was loose and interfered with clipping into holster. Otterbox sent me another; same problem. Finally paid the price with a smashed screen after the phone fell into mucky gravel.

Switching to the Seidio convert combo. Hopefully solves my concerns.

BTW, I've got 2 Otterbox defender cases for sale......

Tim

Otterbox Defender from which I removed the springy-belt-clippy using only the holster as a screen.keyboard protector (in other words no longer as a belt holster). I like the rubber backing - I can lean the bb against some item and have it stay in that tilted position.

I do find that the rubber rand does lift from the underlying plastic on occasion.
    CrackBerry Addict

That was the concern that kept me from getting the defender. That's why I went with the commuter, and I'm really happy with it. The hard outer shell does a great job holding on the silicone layer, and there's no scratching from plastic. Works really well. That combined with the 9000 holster makes for the perfect combo IMO.

JB
    CrackBerry User

Otterbox commuter for me. The back does scratch easily but I'm okay with that if it protects the actual phone. I had the commuter for my 9700 and loved that one too. Very happy.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,196 Global Posts
    PIN
    the tail on the donkey!

My latest case obsession is an Insipio Feather case for my 9930. I really like it.

I also use a Siedio surface case w/ holster when I need a holster. I also have a Otterbox commuter that I tried to paint the hard shell piece and subsequently ruined the finish on it. It looks super beat up but it still protects the phone with the best of them.
    "Oh and you don't know - you don't know my mind.
    When you see me laughing - laughing just to keep from crying
    "
    - Hugh Laurie from his album "Let Them Talk" doing Leadbelly
    ----------------------------------------------
    Slappin' trolls since May 2011
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    No way am I listing it here

I'm like a case junkie on my 9930 and my current fave is the Seidio Surface Case. I use the charging cradle so the fact that I can easily slide off just the bottom of the case at night is a huge bonus for me.
    Yes, my BB is surgically attached to my hand!
    Kerri Neill's CrackBerry Blog
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    17,189 Global Posts

Otterbox commuter is the best case imo, just doesn't look the best. You could throw that thing on the ground repeatedly and it wouldn't do anything (and it doesn't bulk the phone much at all). The buttons are even easier to press.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I have a defender for work, an oem hardshell and 9000 holster, and a hello kitty hard back case just for fun..got 3 more hello kitty cases on the way just 'cause they're obscenely cute!
    i don't know if there's an afterlife...
    but i'm bringing a spare battery just in case
    CrackBerry Abuser

using the iSkin Aura currently

I also have the CaseMate Barely There Brushed Aluminum, OEM HardShell, Otterbox Commuter,and a Carbon Fiber Flip Case Which I Supply via eBay.

I am checking out the CaseMate Pop in White but I think I should stop buying cases for now.
    Last edited by aliencds; 03-23-2012 at 02:41 AM.
    Blackberry Bold 9900 | Carbon Fiber PU Leather Flip Case | Anti-Glare Screen Protector
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    850 Global Posts

Is there a slim case out there that will work with the charging dock?
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,743 Global Posts
    PIN
    pine

Quote Originally Posted by rayzian View Post
    hands down OEM hardshell.. on the phone it looks like it's part of the phone, not noticable like a bulky aftermarket case..
    I usually like an aftermarket,but this time RIM nailed it. Easy to do a batt change if needed.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,497 Global Posts

I originally used the commuter but then switched to the case mate tough case. They are both good but I prefer the case mate.
    CrackBerry User

If I'm just going to be in the house, i'll usually not have any case on.

However, my usual case is the OEM Soft shell, it's a little bulky and the keys are hard to press, but it beats a smashed up phone any day.
    Bold 9900
    -WillD
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast