Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default 8330 won't play mp4 file

I coverted a few videos and none will play in Mp4 format. It always says not supported file type. I've tried 4 different converters and none will play. I even tried the psp converted guide and it won't play that file. I followed it step for step.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    31B52CF6

Hey I am having the exact same problem. I downloaded the MP4 and went to transfer to my bb and I get "unsupported file type" for some reason......
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    Broke yesterday!!!

Which converters are you gents using? I converted a couple of MP4's for the Curve and Bold and haven't had issues playing. I use mediacoder (freeware) best converter I have ever come across.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    31B52CF6

OK, I will try that software. I was using the Roxio in the desktop manager. It transfered the file, but when i go to play on my BB, i get the error.
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    Broke yesterday!!!

Mediacoder is awesome, it takes about a minute + to convert a 20MB video. I never ever used roxio manager.

CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

someone told me its cuz verizon disabled some video playback...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f66/con...47/#post395958
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    ches are ouchy

If you have a Verizon device you can also try the guide I have in my signature. A lot of people have had success with that method too. If you don't want to do that, then make sure you download the desktop manager from Verizon's site.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    PIN
    Point On the Map

yea i am having the same issue.. all my movies use to play just fine, after my download i cant seem to get one to play
    http://www.twitter.com/by1333<<<<"Tweet With Me, As I Flow Through The Hood"
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    PIN
    Point On the Map

hey ya, i might have figured it out... when you guys rip movies to your bb do you rip them straight from the dvd or do you rip them once they are in avi format?

all the movies i ripped using Xilisoft DVD ripper do not work when i choose the blackberry profile but every movies or show i rip after the original file is in avi format work. basically if i download lets say Hancock in avi format and and rip to blackberry mp4 format it works great but if i try and rip Hancock straight from the dvd it does not work on my bb curve with the 4.5 OS...
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    405 Global Posts

Actually I just updated the OS on my Sprint 8330 to 4.5.0.97 and non of the mp4s play now. Which is weird, since they did before. I'm wondering if it's because I used Verizon release of if it's a bug. Any thoughts?

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    PIN
    Point On the Map

i don't know.. but i just tried out my theory with Jerry maguire. I had rip JM straight from the dvd to mp4 and it did not play but then i took that same file and reripped it again from mp4 to mp4 and it works now... i cant explain it any better...
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN

When I have a video that I want to play on my BB, I convert the format to 3GP. Seems to work with every video I've converted for viewing on my BB.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    PIN
    Point On the Map

Quote Originally Posted by sprint8330 View Post
    When I have a video that I want to play on my BB, I convert the format to 3GP. Seems to work with every video I've converted for viewing on my BB.

my only issue with 3gp is that it is a lower quality and for some reason the software i use always off syncs the audio file
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    30ed7477

Default Mp4 music

I'm having a similar issue with my BB Curve (Sprint). my question is this, I'm trying to move music from my iTunes files to my BBC, I put the memory card into card reader and connected to the computer, when I move the music file it tells me that is unsupported, I look at the properties and it tell me that is in MP4 format, how can I have my BBC read/play this file.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    ches are ouchy

Do your files from itunes have DRM on them? If they do, you can't play them on the BB.
    CrackBerry User

PIN

Quote Originally Posted by joe003 View Post

How do you convert to 3gp? What program do you use?

there are no stupid questions, just stupid people...