Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Rogers BBM Video Bonus?

Hi guys

Can someone pls help me under stand what Rogers is trying to say by offering BBM video and share as a bonus? expecially at 70 and 80 $ plans. I'm am going to try my best to get off the phone with them for 60$. Does that mean i dont get voice or share??
    Or are they saying for a limited time they wont incure data usage for that period then reg data charges?? I'm a little confused again..
    Searched Bell, Telus, Koodo, Wind all of them. Knowbody else has mentioned them as a add-on..

thx Keith
    CrackBerry Abuser

It seems to mean that it will be free to use BBM/BBM video and screen share for a limited time only ... 7 and 12 months free depending on plan , after which it will cost you an unspecified amount to use and won't be allowed free as normal data.
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

No other company has mentioned it as a add-on what so ever. anyone how signed up with rogers this morning add to this?
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    902 Global Posts

Here is the official Policy for it.

Offers available for a limited time and subject to change without notice.

Up to 12 months unlimited BBM (messaging, video calling and screen sharing) with compatible BB10 device and new activation on any eligible in-market talk and internet plans (6 months with $70 single line/$140 family plan; and 12 months with $80 or $100 single line/$160 or $200 family plan respectively). Usage subject to Rogers Terms of Service and Acceptable Use Policy. Visit rogers.com/terms.

http://www.rogers.com/web/content/os...n-1212-_-slot3
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    24BFA0E3

Didn't get ANYTHING like this in the UK! I'm really curious as to how much data per-minute a voice call actually uses over Mobile Network.

Because.. you know.. could ACTUALLY be cheaper to call overseas the "traditional" way
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    387 Global Posts

Well what is the stance on all the mobile carriers offering BBM video/voice calls over cellular network? Maybe Rogers is the only one charging for it after the free period ends, or maybe they're the only ones offering it over cellular network. Need to look more into it.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I can use bbm video over the cellular network and I am on TELUS
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    531 Global Posts

not a single change to my plan while switching from 9900 to Z10 on telus. The store rep didnt even take it out of the box. And I cut my sim card at home. So no added costs here.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts

Data is data. Ask to speak with "Customer Loyalty" and don't let them off the phone until you have 6GB, my10 and voice mail package for around $60 plus tax. Count on negotiating for at least 2 hours. Threaten to switch carriers because the other guys will pay your penalties. Be strong.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10

It means that you won't be charge for data used with BBM video for 12 months. After that the BBM video used will count against your data plan. I suggest connecting to WiFi whenever possible.
    Unlocked Rogers Z10 STL100-3 10.3.0.1052 / Unlocked Bell Q10 SQN100-1 10.2.1.3247
    Thanked by:
    CrackBerry Abuser

BBM voice calls work over the cell network on bell, normal data charges apply but nothing more. Not sure about BBM video over cell networks, haven't tried it yet.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,405 Global Posts

I wondered the same... I asked about it and the rep from customer relations explained that it's just data...any data used for that purpose would not be deducted from your allowance as some above me have explained. Also, I asked this because I have a 6gb plan so I was curious...When he saw my plan he said "you don't have to worry...6gb allowance is plenty"... So it's nothing special, just good in the sense that you can get a feel for how much data you are using and how much you may probably need after that little bonus disappears..
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,405 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OneArseneWenger View Post
    Data is data. Ask to speak with "Customer Loyalty" and don't let them off the phone until you have 6GB, my10 and voice mail package for around $60 plus tax. Count on negotiating for at least 2 hours. Threaten to switch carriers because the other guys will pay your penalties. Be strong.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    It depends on the rep you get too... Sometimes they don't want to budge...Just be polite and call back. Some are very understanding and helpful..