Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By SoCalRedbird
  • 2 Post By grevan88
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    22DF7A3F
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default BBM Video chat

Hello,
    My wife and I got our Z10s yesterday. We would like to do voice chat through BBM with eachother. I have the option to video chat but when I dial it does not ring her phone. And she does not have the option (the green button at the top right) to dial me for the video chat? What would be the reason. We both have AT&T and connected through wireless as well.
    Thank You!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Try swiping down from from the top of the bbm app and select settings. Scroll to alow bbm calls over network and see if her bbm chat or video comes up. Sometimes this happens on my brothers, but when he selects alow over network it comes up.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Sometimes bbm video or chat is a little funky when you don't have a good wifi signal

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry User

Just to check that you both use unique bbid right?

CB10 on z10
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    932 Global Posts

From AT&T if you are not on wifi it will not work unless you pay extra for video calling. Try again on wifi, and make sure you both have your new BBM PIN and not your old PIN.

Posted via CB10
    Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    280BF90E

Quote Originally Posted by rjkolo View Post
    From AT&T if you are not on wifi it will not work unless you pay extra for video calling. Try again on wifi, and make sure you both have your new BBM PIN and not your old PIN.

Posted via CB10
    That is totally 100% patently malarky... you are totally able to video call, phone call, and all the other shenanigans with AT&T on their network..... like totally dudeeeeee
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    22DF7A3F
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

That solved my problem. Thank You!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by adjdudley21 View Post
    That is totally 100% patently malarky... you are totally able to video call, phone call, and all the other shenanigans with AT&T on their network..... like totally dudeeeeee
    You're incorrect. Having owned this phone (unlocked) for a month, I could use BBM video fine for awhile. But when AT&T released the phone, it stopped working. I get a pop up error that says "Service unavailable due to carrier restrictions. "

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    280BF90E

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalRedbird View Post
    You're incorrect. Having owned this phone (unlocked) for a month, I could use BBM video fine for awhile. But when AT&T released the phone, it stopped working. I get a pop up error that says "Service unavailable due to carrier restrictions. "

Posted via CB10
    Then why was i using it in the store yesterday with my friend who just purchased one?? Jussst curious... I will wait on that answer.....??? lol

Just tried again.. got a pop up that said hey if you continue data charges will apply do you want to continue.. I selected yes and guessss what... I can still video and voice over AT&T LTE network.... boom shakalaka im right again...
    CrackBerry Abuser

Then why was i using it in the store yesterday with my friend who just purchased one?? Jussst curious... I will wait on that answer.....??? lol

Just tried again.. got a pop up that said hey if you continue data charges will apply do you want to continue.. I selected yes and guessss what... I can still video and voice over AT&T LTE network.... boom shakalaka im right again...
    Boom shakalaka.... You're wrong.
    BBM Video chat-img_00000001.png

Posted via CB10
    Serkle K likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    28CDFBCB

I'm running an unlocked Z10 on ATT's network and as of yesterday, I'm still able to do video chat over their network (no wifi). However, all my BBM Video calls have been with Playbooks on the other end. I don't know if that makes a difference.
    CrackBerry Newbie

No, it depends on the plan you have. My guess is SoCalRedbird has a grandfathered unlimited and Blackout has a new shared date plan. It's the same deal they had going with apples facetime over the cellular data network.

To: You

You owe us $6,000 USD. Pay now.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by acg2010 View Post
    No, it depends on the plan you have. My guess is SoCalRedbird has a grandfathered unlimited and Blackout has a new shared date plan. It's the same deal they had going with apples facetime over the cellular data network.
    Yep. That's the problem. What a ripoff though. Data should be considered data. Is there any way around these restrictions?

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

God youre annoying...
    Thanked by 2:
    blackoutRF (03-25-2013),  Sysgen (03-28-2013) 
    Serkle K and blackoutRF like this.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalRedbird View Post
    Yep. That's the problem. What a ripoff though. Data should be considered data. Is there any way around these restrictions?

Posted via CB10
    No one that I have seen has found a way around this. Unfortunately its not like the hidden tethering tricks that people have managed by using third party apps. There doesn't seem to be an easy way (or any way so far) around carrier limitations
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    28CDFBCB

Quote Originally Posted by acg2010 View Post
    actually I have the grandfathered unlimited. Maybe that's the trick?

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    479 Global Posts

When I go to settings, I can see the option to allow video chat over the networks. But it is grayed out, and unchangeable. I'm on a new family share plan with a 6 Gig cap on Data,

Later,
    B.
    Z10 Baby! 3/25/2013
    Rockin and loving my PlayBook since release (latest official OS).
    BB Torch 9800 user since 8:55AM 8/12/10!
    Blackberry Bold user 11/13/08-8/12/10.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    762 Global Posts
    PIN
    Z10 - 24F04175

I do not have a grandfathered plan and I'm able to from my Z10 to my PlayBook. I get a message saying data charges will be applied but nothing of the sort about contacting AT&T to change my plan. I have the 3gb LTE plan for BlackBerry according to my account.

What moves you!
    What moves you

Make sure to check out http://apps.goodereader.com/playbook...-android-apps/ for all your Blackberry Z10 and Playbook sideloaded apps.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thanks for help Petris!