Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bmorgan67
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Sound notification on iPhone 5

Parents downloaded BBM on their iPhone. Seems to be working ok. They say that there is no sounds when they get a message. I'm too far away to look at the settings for them. Could somebody tell me how to turn on sound notifications for BBM on iPhone.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,537 Global Posts

If you want to check the sounds to make sure they're on for BBM specifically, you would go to Settings > Notification Center > BBM. There should be a switch for sound that should be set to "on". By default though, the sound is on... so, ya.

Don't be afraid to THANK or LIKE

BBM: 7A03E5E9

What is the ultimate BlackBerry? The ultimate BlackBerry would be a device with the screen size of the Z10 along with the physical keyboard of the Q10 and the battery life of the Z30. This, would be the ultimate BlackBerry. Why they haven't built it yet remains one of the greatest mystery of BlackBerry.

CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Thanks Plazmic, passed on your instructions. I wasn't sure if BBM sounds would be under I phones settings or if it was in BBM's own settings on that platform

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

The problem is the sound volume is much lower then the other notifications. My wife has her Iphone 4S volume to max and the BBM notification sound is half that the other notifications have(emails, SMS... etc) hope they can do something about.

Join my BBM Channel C000E96F6
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

Support forums crack berry informed that the tone is bundled in the bbm app for iPhones. Cannot be changed. That's critical in determining the apps usability, hopefully bbm will update quickly else iPhone users will abandon n uninstall.
    CrackBerry User

Yup, fix the low sound volume. Number one complaint from Bbm ios users. I have friends who tell me to text them because they can not hear the Bbm notifications on their phones. They are dropping Bbm like flies.

Number two complaint is the font is two small to read.

Hope Bbm crew reads this forum.

Posted via CB10
    6120111 likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

Yes, I'm sure people are dropping like flies because the notification sound is too low... /s

- Developer of PinGuin
    -Developer of PinGuin
    CrackBerry Newbie

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry User

bmorgan67, I wholeheartedly agree. Those are the top 2 problems my wife complains about as well on her 4S.

Posted via CB10 on my Verizon Z10 running 10.2.1.1925
    ----
    Verizon Z30 running 10.2.1.2180
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    32FE97BA

Quote Originally Posted by True Canadian View Post
    Thanks Plazmic, passed on your instructions. I wasn't sure if BBM sounds would be under I phones settings or if it was in BBM's own settings on that platform

Posted via CB10
    Not sure -- but on iOS from what I've seen apps have to have settings under the common "Settings" area in iOS.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1259
    CrackBerry Addict

I'm hearing exactly the same thing from my two main ios friends. They complain that they can't hear a message and they can't read messages easily.

Posted via CB10
    VzW Z10 10.2.1.2141
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    524 Global Posts

I have BBM on my iPhone 5S and the inability to change the notification tone or make it louder is a serious problem. More often than not I'm back to using SMS/iMessage even for BBM contacts because I'm missing the notification when new messages arrive.

I have no other serious complaints about the app, seems to work pretty good otherwise.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    327 Global Posts

[QUOTE=Mikey_T;9902908]I have BBM on my iPhone 5S and the inability to change the notification tone or make it louder is a serious problem. More often than not I'm back to using SMS/iMessage even for BBM contacts because I'm missing the notification when new messages arrive.

I have no other serious complaints about the app, seems to work pretty good otherwise.

KB35264-Notifications and sounds for BBM for iPhone
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    524 Global Posts

Thanks Schiri but that doesn't address the audible notification, which is not customizable. That article just shows how to adjust the notification center options, which is not complicated.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    327 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey_T View Post
    Thanks Schiri but that doesn't address the audible notification, which is not customizable. That article just shows how to adjust the notification center options, which is not complicated.
    Well then OOPS on my part.

Obviously I'm not an iPhone user.

This IS a prob for sure though.
    CrackBerry User

I have a iPhone 5s and I do not have any complaints about the BBM app..The notification is pretty loud!

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    CrackBerry Abuser

This is the worst absurd problem ever, the first notification is heard ok, but after initiating a conversation, all future incoming/outgoing messages are not heard!!!!

Also, the sound should be customizable!!!!

BBM people, please fix!!!