Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    8,313 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default How to install a OS via Autoloader / Sachibar

Firstly, props to xsacha for the amazing programs in Sachup/Sachibar ( http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-leaked-beta-os-f395/sachup-firmware-grabber-737025/#post7534216). The aim of this thread is to clear the OS threads of the common questions of "how to install". What you will need - Windows PC (For autoloader, Linux/Windows for Sachibar), Blackberry Device.

Now, before any install it is always wise to make a backup of your device (Learn how here http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...b-link-804043/). To start, you will need to confirm your device model number. You can find this information by going into your 'About' menu within the settings. If you have a Z10 it'll start with STL, a Q10 starts with SQN, and a Q5 starts with SQR.

Once you know your device model number, check out this thread (The All Encompassing Beta/Leak OS Thread) for the latest and greatest for your device. You will more than likely download a RAR file type. Within this download contains the EXE file that will effectively be your autoloader and path to upgrade heaven. Use either WinRar or 7-Zip to extract the EXE file from the RAR file.

After your backup has been completed, shut down Blackberry Link, and run the EXE file. Plug in your device to the computer (if not already done). Your device will reboot and you will see the Autoloader start to install the files.

*DO NOT TOUCH OR REMOVE YOUR DEVICE DURING THIS STAGE. YOU CAN SOFT BRICK YOUR DEVICE.*

The autoloader will then complete, and your device will reboot. Go through the initial setup, then proceed with a security wipe of the device (Settings - Security - Security Wipe). This is a precaution incase any file fragmentation occured during the autoloader writing process. Once the security wipe has been completed, you may than restore your backup you created from Blackberry Link.

*Note to anyone using a iMac or Macbook: You can only install leaks via Bootcamp which loads into a full OS of Windows on your Mac. Virtual Machines (VM) Software will not work, as it does not contain the neccessary code to detect a device while it is effectively "turned off"*

Now if your the non destructive type, and fancy yourself a OS install without a autoloader, check out Post #2 on details of how to Install via Sachibar
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________
    Edit: Adding Software/OS Version info here to clear sticky room

Now, with all the leaks floating out and about around the forums, combined with the Official Carrier OS releases, I've noticed a lot of confusion between the OS & Software numbers. This thread aims to clear those issues.

Firstly we will begin with the leaks. When a OS leak is released in the forums.crackberry.com/bb10-leaked-beta-os-f395/ forum, we usually leak it with a OS number, such as 10.1.0.2342. Carrier OTA updates and even when searching through Sachup use software version number to identify the build, such as 10.1.0.2309.

These two numbers actually represent the same operating system build. 10.1.0.2342=10.1.0.2309. This holds true for past versions as well. 10.1.0.1720=10.1.0.273. If you want to check what software/OS version you have, you can go to Settings - About - OS. (Keep in mind that most leaked OS'S don't actually show the software build version)

Attachment 166198

Attachment 166200

Attachment 166201

The other big thing I've noticed is people asking questions like "is 10.1.0.273 newer than 10.1.0.2309". This is a simple answer, No it isn't. Number system always increases. Just like how 10.1 is newer than 10.0, so holds true for software and OS version. As well think of it like this, Two Thousand Three Hundred and Nine is greater than Two Hundred and Seventy Three.

Hopefully this has cleared up what seems to be a mass confusion. Any other questions, leave a response below or contact me by PM or any of the various ways outlined in my signature block.
    Last edited by Kris Simundson; 08-04-2013 at 03:28 PM.
    Device: Yellow Nokia Lumia 1020 (WP8.1)
    Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1​
    Twitter: @nasbboyconz
    Thanked by 17:
    + Show/Hide list of the thanked
    bluetroll (05-30-2013),  CJH_ (05-29-2013),  dcsappernh (06-04-2013),  doggy10 (06-26-2013),  Empyrean (07-20-2013),  joforg (07-31-2013),  Lendo (05-29-2013),  Ntario (06-04-2013),  Rainer Gassen (07-10-2013),  raw_dog (06-17-2013),  retomex (05-30-2013),  TommyBB (06-28-2013),  Verbal72 (12-02-2013),  vulfadli (05-30-2013),  xFINITOx (06-25-2013),  yusofat (05-30-2013) 

Global Posts
    8,313 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #2  

Thanks to tickerguy for this amazing tutorial. Check out the link for image walk through

http://www.denninger.net/sachup/

To update a Z-10 (or Q-10) using Sachup and Sachibar, first download the software from here (insert link) and extract it.

Run Sachup; it will produce a screen like this:

Change the country code and carrier code to the desired carrier. A list can be found at Wikipedia here: Mobile country code - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Make sure you select the proper device and Variant. Q-10 and Z-10s are different, and most-importantly the STL 100-1 variant of the Z10 is different in processor than the -2, -3 and -4 models. If you are loading via either an "in-place" upgrade or you intend to make an autoloader you want the "Debrick" files. Leave the server as "CSE Production" and the API at 2.1.0.

When you click SCAN you will get a screen that looks like this:

Click "Download All" and two files you see listed above will be transferred to your computer. These are in BAR format.

Before proceeding to update the phone make a backup using BlackBerry Link! If something goes wrong and the in-place update fails you will be forced to use an autoloader and that will wipe your data; for this reason you should not try an in-place upgrade without taking a backup first.

Once you have a backup to inplace-update your phone exit Sachup and start Sachibar. Put your phone in debug mode and connect it, making sure your device password is in the box. You will see a screen like this; note that the upper right corner shows that the phone is connected, the current OS and battery power, and the device's name and type. If there is an error (e.g. bad password) it will show up in the LOG area.:

Now all you have to do to update the phone is drag BOTH files you downloaded in the previous step into the "log" box (at the same time; select both and drag them in one operation) and they will be installed. If you load an OS and/or a Radio the phone will be rebooted when the process finishes -- do not disconnect the phone until it resets.

(Incidentally, this also works to sideload application BAR files; just drag them in and they will be loaded, and you can drag a whole bunch of them in there at once if you wish.)

Note that for operating systems and radios this is non-destructive; that is, it will NOT wipe your data.

If there is an incompatibility, however, there may be functional problems. If you run into functional problems with the update the best option is to use an autoloader.

Edit: Great Follow up by tickerguy from his thread: So What If You've Been Running Leaks....

Quote Originally Posted by tickerguy View Post
    and found that you have some odd "bugs" that simply won't go away?

This post is for you.

I'll assume your carrier is on 10.0.10.85; the reason for this is that you need to go below the current carrier OS during this process. If you don't you will never get an OTA update and to reload everything "as the carrier gave it to you" that is what you need.

So what we're going to do is use Sachup to obtain the default OS for a given nation, in this case 310 (United States.) Put in "000" for the MCC (carrier); you should get a 10.0.9.x file. Download the debrick files (two) for your device.

Extract from those two files the single ".signed" file within each. You now have an OS and a Radio ".signed" file. Also obtain "CAP." Rename the os file to "os.x.signed" and the radio to "radio.x.signed" (to make it easier to type; you don't need to do this if you don't mind typing 30+ character filenames!)

Type: cap create radio.x.signed os.x.signed 10.0.9.exe

This will create a 10.0.9.exe autoloader.

Flash that file, set up but decline the software update you will be offered and then do a security wipe. You now have a CLEAN 10.0.9 phone.

The phone should, during the setup after the wipe, again offer the online update. This time accept it. That will take some time, perhaps as long as a half-hour or more.

You now have 10.0.10.85 from your carrier and are back to how you got the phone when you bought it. Set that up again with your minimal requirements (log into BlackBerry World, etc)

Now grab the official release you wish to run. Popular choices are 10.1.0.273 (from Rogers and a few other carriers) and 10.1.0.2312 (recent offering) using Sachup. Use Sachibar to load that release over the top of your base carrier OS.

This is essentially the same process that an OTA update takes, but over the USB port.

Now set up your device as if it was new; do not restore from BlackBerry Link.

You'll notice a few interesting things if you go this route, including the fact that your OS release number (on the OS page) will not change. The apparent reason for this is that there's some sort of "Meta" file that is loaded when you do a formal OTA update but is not generated by Sachibar. The other version numbers, however, WILL change.

(This is probably why loading an autoloader blanks this field -- there is simply no entry there at all.....)

Anyway, for those who want a "clean start" and then to bump to one of the OFFICIAL releases, this is how you go about it.....
    Last edited by Kris Simundson; 05-30-2013 at 01:26 PM.
    Thanked by 3:
    doggy10 (06-26-2013),  hannibalmoot (05-29-2013),  retomex (05-30-2013) 
    Havoc65 and Sexy Sadie like this.
    Resident CrackBerry Wizard

Global Posts
    14,970 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Simundson View Post
    Firstly, props to xsacha for the amazing programs in Sachup/Sachibar. The aim of this thread is to clear the OS threads of the common questions of "how to install". What you will need - Windows PC (For autoloader, Linux/Windows for Sachibar), Blackberry Device.

Now, before any install it is always wise to make a backup of your device (Learn how here http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...b-link-804043/). To start, you will need to confirm your device model number. You can find this information by going into your 'About' menu within the settings. If you have a Z10 it'll start with STL, a Q10 starts with SQN, and a Q5 starts with SQR.

Once you know your device model number, check out this thread (The All Encompassing Beta/Leak OS Thread) for the latest and greatest for your device. You will more than likely download a RAR file type. Within this download contains the EXE file that will effectively be your autoloader and path to upgrade heaven. Use either WinRar or 7-Zip to extract the EXE file from the RAR file.

After your backup has been completed, shut down Blackberry Link, and run the EXE file. Plug in your device to the computer (if not already done). Your device will reboot and you will see the Autoloader start to install the files.

*DO NOT TOUCH OR REMOVE YOUR DEVICE DURING THIS STAGE. YOU CAN SOFT BRICK YOUR DEVICE.*

The autoloader will then complete, and your device will reboot. Go through the initial setup, then proceed with a security wipe of the device (Settings - Security - Security Wipe). This is a precaution incase any file fragmentation occured during the autoloader writing process. Once the security wipe has been completed, you may than restore your backup you created from Blackberry Link.

*Note to anyone using a iMac or Macbook: You can only install leaks via Bootcamp which loads into a full OS of Windows on your Mac. Virtual Machines (VM) Software will not work, as it does not contain the neccessary code to detect a device while it is effectively "turned off"*

Now if your the non destructive type, and fancy yourself a OS install without a autoloader, check out Post #2 on details of how to Install via Sachibar
    You're a most helpful chap, I've a beer with your name on.

Posted via CB10 from my Q10.
    Posted from my awesome QNX powered Q10 or my penguin powered laptop

My Channel: Geeks United C00122408
    CrackBerry Addict

Post #2

Reserved Space for Sachibar detail instructions.
    Nicely done. This part here is what I'm interested in.

Thanks again Kris.

Posted via CB10
    Flicked via Z30

Global Posts
    8,313 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Quote Originally Posted by willowbeast View Post
    Nicely done. This part here is what I'm interested in.

Thanks again Kris.

Posted via CB10
    Waiting on the person I PM'd to get back to me as I've never installed through sachup

Posted via CB10

Global Posts
    8,313 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

2nd post updated

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry User

Nice write up I wish I had this when I did my first attempt at loading a leaked os but all is well after some trial and error

Posted via CB10

Another great thread from Kris.

Posted via CB10 on my B@d@ss Z10
    Unlocked Rogers Z10 STL100-3 10.3.0.140 / Unlocked Bell Q10 SQN100-1 10.2.1.2947
    CrackBerry Abuser

So after downloading the two files, where are the files stored on the computer?

Global Posts
    8,313 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

Quote Originally Posted by zilla0617 View Post
    So after downloading the two files, where are the files stored on the computer?
    In your sachup folder or downloads folder

Posted via CB10
    Thanked by:
    koboss (09-03-2013) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

In your sachup folder or downloads folder

Posted via CB10
    I searched both locations and didn't see the files. How do I create the sachup folder, sachup and sachibar were exe files within the rar file
    CrackBerry Master

Yep.

Note that you can use the "Upgrade" option to get the files instead of "Debrick"; if you do you will get LOTS of files. If you go that route then you must use Sachibar to install them and you have to make sure you get them all; you cannot make an autoloader out of those as there are far too many.

I have had good (but not perfect) success using the debrick files to do a non-destructive update. YMMV; I did have one instance where the update went fine but SMS was borked completely after it was done.

Sachibar will also load just a radio which is great if you find a load is good but the radio is not and you want to try different options. The only instance where that doesn't work is if you're soft-bricked and the phone won't come all the way up.
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by zilla0617 View Post
    I searched both locations and didn't see the files. How do I create the sachup folder, sachup and sachibar were exe files within the rar file
    Whatever directory you ran Sachup from is where the files get dropped under a directory named for the release. That number is similar to but not always the same as the OS version.

For instance in the example in post #2 the directory will be called 10.1.0.2312 because that's the "update" tag line returned.
    Thanked by:
    zilla0617 (05-29-2013) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by tickerguy View Post
    Whatever directory you ran Sachup from is where the files get dropped under a directory named for the release. That number is similar to but not always the same as the OS version.

For instance in the example in post #2 the directory will be called 10.1.0.2312 because that's the "update" tag line returned.

I just found out what I was doing wrong, i forgot to extract the rar before beginning the process...User error lol. Thanks
    CrackBerry Master

LOL! Glad you got it.
    Resident CrackBerry Wizard

Global Posts
    14,970 Global Posts

I don't see the images in your post Kris.

Posted via CB10 from my Q10.
    Posted from my awesome QNX powered Q10 or my penguin powered laptop

My Channel: Geeks United C00122408
    CrackBerry Master

Click the link; it goes to my site and the images are there; I also updated it last evening to include notes on the option to use the "Upgrade" files if you wish (but beware doing so, in that if you grab the pair of debrick files and the upgrade fails or does something odd -- which can happen -- you already have what you need to make an autoloader and clear the problem.)
    CrackBerry User

if i download the os using debrick method do i instal it the same way as the upgrade method ??
    just drag the folder to sachibar with the debrick image or i have to make auto loader ??
    will it wipe the device if using debrick mode in sachibar ?
    im a bit confuse after reading the thread..
    sorry if im asking about what been asked before

Global Posts
    8,313 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #19  

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfiend View Post
    if i download the os using debrick method do i instal it the same way as the upgrade method ??
    just drag the folder to sachibar with the debrick image or i have to make auto loader ??
    will it wipe the device if using debrick mode in sachibar ?
    im a bit confuse after reading the thread..
    sorry if im asking about what been asked before
    Sachibar does not wipe the device.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

"Change the country code and carrier code to the desired carrier. A list can be found at Wikipedia here: Mobile country code - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia"
    Any country? Any carrier?Like for example: Ecuador and Movistar?
    CrackBerry Abuser

great one Kris, actually 2342 batt not doing it for me on my stl2 with default radio and i've heard 2354 is coming. just in time for me to try on the sachibar method and see where it takes me. ah...another adventure!
    Bold 9000 (lost ) > Bold 9780 (also lost ) > Bold 9000 (wife's) > Z10

Global Posts
    8,313 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #22  

Quote Originally Posted by ralphito View Post
    "Change the country code and carrier code to the desired carrier. A list can be found at Wikipedia here: Mobile country code - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia"
    Any country? Any carrier?Like for example: Ecuador and Movistar?
    Yes, any country and any carrier, like for example the recent 2354 came from the official server for Orange Romania. MCC: 226 MNC: 010

Global Posts
    8,313 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #23  

Quote Originally Posted by vulfadli View Post
    great one Kris, actually 2342 batt not doing it for me on my stl2 with default radio and i've heard 2354 is coming. just in time for me to try on the sachibar method and see where it takes me. ah...another adventure!
    2354 is already out on the forums Sachup codes are MCC: 226 MNC: 010
    Thanked by:
    vulfadli (05-30-2013) 

Global Posts
    8,313 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #24  

Updated Post #2 to include info from So What If You've Been Running Leaks....
    CrackBerry Master

As noted in the other thread if you have run into AC3 audio not working, where it used to when you got the phone, this will fix it. There are probably a few other obscure issues that the "upgrade in place from base carrier code" will fix as well.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast