- CrackBerry User
- 22 Posts
BB10.3 - What would you like to see?
Now that BB10.2 is officially out, what can we expect from 10.3? Better yet, what do we want to see in 10.3? Here are some of my wish list items:
1. Customizable Lock Screen with Widgets (it would be cool to see weather, stocks, etc)
2. BBM channels (if not officially released before then)
3. Customizable Quick Links at bottom of screen (should be able to fit 5 or 6 links down there)
4. Integrate SayIt and SafeDrive into one app and make it the default merging with the current voice features
5. GPS navigation and map improvements. Perhaps make it more user interactive (somewhat similar to waze) by connecting to BBM. Just think, via voice, "BBM Map Update, Road closure due to accident" and have it update the live maps and notify other drivers in the area.
6. I know that I can put setup my Z10 as a hot spot, but that drains the power like crazy and is not as efficient as the playbook bridge. Now that the playbook has been pretty much abandoned by BlackBerry, why not create a bridge app between BB10 phones and other tablet devices?
I'm sure that others will have a lot more to contribute...I will probably think of more after I submit this thread.
- 10-25-13, 10:19 AM #2
- 10-25-13, 10:29 AM #4
I want a fully unlocked runtime with a mirror Google play store (or a section in the existing BB world) that runs through BB to weed out the unsafe apps priced so BB gets a small cut (except free apps) that can allow us to directly download and run any Android app without lag, period. BB devs can still get more love by building better apps in cascade.
Google Play apps can be prevented from being accessed on the "work" side of BB Balance to ensure security is not compromised for this key segment of customers.
- 10-25-13, 10:45 AM #8
God Damn customisable notifications and led.
They have time to work on removing the squircle but not notifications.
Fire that Damn focus group because it is clearly full of absolute morons
Posted via CB10
- 10-25-13, 11:55 AM #13
I want to see more of the 'mobile computing' implemented. WIth my Z30, I can plug in a Bluetooth USB, so I can have a wireless keyboard and mouse, and have my HDMI cable plugged into my monitor so I can use my Z30 as a 'computer'. I want the ability that the Z30 recognizes when it is being displayed on a larger screen, and go into a different mode, like 'computer mode'. I want to see the homescreen in landscape when I'm setup like this so I can use my Z30 as a PC....I write/edit documents like this, I reply to emails like this and I surf the web like this. Who needs a PC or Laptop anymore? They just need to add more functionality to allow this (so it looks better....seeing the Icon screen in portrait, then your word document in landscape is annoying. It should all be landscape when setup like this.
A blue tooth docking station to allow all of this would be awesome too! Charges, connects to bigger monitor with blue tooth built in so I can connect my keyboard and mouse.
- 10-25-13, 12:20 PM #18
Things I want to see:
- automatic ringtone profile change when calendar events start!!!! (why isnīt that here from day 1? easiest and best calendar feature ever)
- looking for nickname when adding people as recipients in email, text, etc. (BB OS5 had it, OS6 too!)
- NO RANDOM REBOOTS!!! (yes, they are back!)
- no filesize limitation in email, bbm
- raised member limit for bbm groups
- bbm video sharing (groups)
- remote desktop (through BlackBerry Link)
- better integration of the google framework into the android player so very single android app work out of the box
- on-phone-sideloading / play store integration
- even better facedetection in timeshift mode
- zoom in timeshift
- 10-25-13, 03:19 PM #21
mine would be
1. allowing us to change dollar key to anyone we want rather than having to push down
2. options to customise bbm like in bb8520 because i would like to change chat layout and the bbm home layout because pics are too big
3. allow us to get rid of the shadows at the top and bottom of the screen if we want
4. we should be able to move around picture folders and hide them if we want
5. allow us to send multiple pics on bbm
6. allow us to have different background for different homescreens if we want
7. and option to 'switch application' rather then having to swipe up- id prefer to swipe down from the top and click switch application then the usual blackberry box would pop up like it did in other versions and the swipe up to minimise screens.
8. when the phone is plugged to charger, a percentage symbol should be shown on the screen
9. an option to lock our screens by pressing an app icon on screen rather than button
10. being able to see where our ringtones and other tones are saved
11. i would also like the bbm profile for contacts to be how it originally was and the updates and apps can still be there but i would prefer the have the persons pin on their profile next to their name and pic rather than in the barcode screen
12. I would like to have the option to search my bbm contacts using their pin
13. i want to have a virtual trackpad that will be on every screen; it can be used for scrolling or selecting etc
14. a virtual blackberry button also that will give us the menu on each screen rather than swiping
15. a virtual exit button that closes app completely
16. let us toggle the shadows on screen or just simply get rid of it
17. allow us to change to assign what pics we want for our icons and folder icons
18. pop up box was us to save changes made on bbm pm or name or display pic rather than it automatically saving because if i make a mistake i like to discard it
19. i want to be able not to have bbm contacts display pictures in the conversation list
20. allow my phone to vibrate when there are pings.
21. like old or 'legacy' devices, let us change volume for each 'profile' or sounds such as sms or bbm or email, i want to change volumes for each one rather than one big main volume and i want my ringtone louder than other tones.
22. let us access our ringtones easier
23. get rid of the pop up box that comes when we adjust sound.
Last edited by xenax; 11-01-13 at 08:16 AM.
- 10-25-13, 07:08 PM #22
- CrackBerry User
- 22 Posts
The request for multiple photo sharing via bbm made me think that it would be nice to allow for larger file size limits on bbm file sharing...some large enough that we could actually share a recorded video that is longer than 2 seconds.
Posted via CB10
- By stevenson232 in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 9Last Post: 10-27-13, 03:59 PM
- By fromhereonend in forum BlackBerry Z30Replies: 9Last Post: 10-26-13, 01:56 AM
- By wiltshire_bee in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 5Last Post: 10-25-13, 02:59 PM
- By kuhnkong in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 3Last Post: 10-25-13, 08:44 AM