Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Genius

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default How to use Google Play services

Hey guys,

When I download Google Play services from the 1mobile market, it saves as "Google Settings." When I open the app, there's only two options in there and this message from my apps that use Google Play services does not dissappear. Any help?
    How to use Google Play services-img_00006868.png

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

You can't get Google Play Services on your phone.
    Just some dude.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I had to install the Google play services and the Google play store to get rid of this message in one of the Android apps that I use.

Posted via CB10
    Thanked by:
    Krazykula (01-28-2014) 
    CrackBerry Master

No, because the framework, which is what's missing, can't be loaded that way (at least not "as-available.")

The usual means by which this is done involves putting the framework apk file directly into /system/apps on an "android" device. Incidentally, doing this is a violation of Google's rights..... how mad they would get if you figure it out is an open question.

The problem is that to write into that area on an Android device you need root (it's protected.) You can't see it on File Manager either -- you can if you load something like ES File explorer, but attempting to navigate up to the root of the Android tree blows up -- presumably on permissions.

My understanding is that there is also a "stub" framework already in there but it is turned off, which would frustrate you even if you COULD figure out how to get it in there, which isn't likely to be possible.

I am not aware of a way around this at the present time.
    CrackBerry User

@kja123 how did you get this installed?

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by mlb5000 View Post
    @kja123 how did you get this installed?

Posted via CB10
    Just like any other Android app.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry User

@kja123 where are the apks you installed? Any one I found resulted in an install error.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Genius

Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Installing the play store got rid of that message. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by mlb5000 View Post
    @kja123 where are the apks you installed? Any one I found resulted in an install error.

Posted via CB10
    You can download the Google play services app from the 1mobile app store and the Google play store app from the goodereader website. The Google play service app from the goodereader website didn't work for me.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by kja123 View Post
    You can download the Google play services app from the 1mobile app store and the Google play store app from the goodereader website. The Google play service app from the goodereader website didn't work for me.

Posted via CB10
    I have done like you mentioned, but Google Play Store still doesn't work for me. It opens but minimizes almost instantly. I don't believe it is possible to get Google Play Store to run properly even with the new 10.2.1.1055 that I have installed on my Z10.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by par_pa View Post
    I have done like you mentioned, but Google Play Store still doesn't work for me. It opens but minimizes almost instantly. I don't believe it is possible to get Google Play Store to run properly even with the new 10.2.1.1055 that I have installed on my Z10.
    The Google play store doesn't work, but some apps need the installed store in order to work.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Master

Correct -- the Play Store itself will not run because the required frameworks (think of them as function calls used by it) are not active.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Downloading Google playstore apk (from a quick Google search) and Google Play services from 1mobile works. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    Bold 9000 (lost ) > Bold 9780 (also lost ) > Bold 9000 (wife's) > Z10
    CrackBerry Newbie

Hi, when you say that the Google Store won't work do you mean that you cannot get the store page up and running on say a Z10 or that once you try to download a program access is subsequently denied? Thanks M
    CrackBerry Abuser

Hi,

I have downloaded the Snap android app client for my Z10.

I have also downloaded the Google Play Store APK, and installed the Play Store (although it won't open).

I have SnapChat which I got from the Snap store.

SnapChat STILL has that "won't run without Google Play Services" error message and I can't get any friends properly added or view any profiles on.

Is there ANY solution for this? Also, where do you get Google Play SERVICES from? 1Mobile store just gives you Google Settings...
    CrackBerry Newbie

I just tapped the screen outside of that box and it went away

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thanks for the play store tip.

Posted via CB10