Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default How is Android Runtime in 10.3?

Does the apps loads faster? Did the apps work smother than before? And does anyone's Z10 heat up during use of android apps? And does using android runtime now uses lesser battery or not? Please tell me. Be gentle please.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by Ajay Chopra1 View Post
    Does the apps loads faster? Did the apps work smother than before? And does anyone's Z10 heat up during use of android apps? And does using android runtime now uses lesser battery or not? Please tell me. Be gentle please.
    Always improving on an incremental basis. Nothing dramatic, but better. It now supports android 4.3.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.700
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Too be honest I haven't "noticed" much has changed YET. But I'm thinking by the time the Passport is released and especially once the rest of us get 10.3.1... it should be better.

heating up... I did happen to get stuck at a doctors office the other day. He was out saving a life somewhere, so after reading a little I reloaded Candy Crush and played it for about fifteen minutes. Not sure if it's the graphics, of if Candy Crush is download all my contacts to emailing them. But for a game it does really use the battery up and make the device hot. But I've had native games do the same.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Quote Originally Posted by scalemaster34 View Post
    Too be honest I haven't "noticed" much has changed YET. But I'm thinking by the time the Passport is released and especially once the rest of us get 10.3.1... it should be better.

heating up... I did happen to get stuck at a doctors office the other day. He was out saving a life somewhere, so after reading a little I reloaded Candy Crush and played it for about fifteen minutes. Not sure if it's the graphics, of if Candy Crush is download all my contacts to emailing them. But for a game it does really use the battery up and make the device hot. But I've had native games do the same.
    For me native apps or games doesn't effects the phone much. It is normally with the android apps.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    867 Global Posts

Google maps loads significantly faster and this alone makes me very happy. I don't think anyone can tell you about the battery part unless they compare two devices running an android app until it dies.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Addict

The 10.3 runtime is faster and more stable than the one in 10.2.1, but not earth-shatteringly so. Apps load a bit faster with it, but once you're in the app, the difference is negligible. The biggest upgrade with the 10.3 runtime is the Accounts/HUB integration with apps. When inputting email account info in the Android apps, it gives a drop-down list of your accounts for you to select. I do miss that integration. Other than that, you're not really missing much.
    Thanked by:
    qenylas (08-14-2014) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Quote Originally Posted by StutterStep View Post
    Google maps loads significantly faster and this alone makes me very happy. I don't think anyone can tell you about the battery part unless they compare two devices running an android app until it dies.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, hoping for some one to do that.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Quote Originally Posted by tayl0rd View Post
    The 10.3 runtime is faster and more stable than the one in 10.2.1, but not earth-shatteringly so. Apps load a bit faster with it, but once you're in the app, the difference is negligible. The biggest upgrade with the 10.3 runtime is the Accounts/HUB integration with apps. When inputting email account info in the Android apps, it gives a drop-down list of your accounts for you to select. I do miss that integration. Other than that, you're not really missing much.
    I was eagerly waiting for Google Play Store, but I don't think we are gonna get it.
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by Ajay Chopra1 View Post
    Yeah, hoping for some one to do that.
    You really expect someone to do that?

Posted via CB10
    Q10
    Leak 10.3.0.1154
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

Quote Originally Posted by FCSC View Post
    You really expect someone to do that?

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, devs with two three phones can do a video review on that I guess.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,751 Global Posts

Android runtime better for me...

Crackberry Genius on Verizon STL100-4 10.3.0.296/442
    Rockin' a Black STL100-4...Z10 10.3.0.1154, Debug Token ...on Verizon, 64 GB WiFi Playbook.
    HP Elite M9340f Quad Core, OCZ 64GB Vertex 3 SSD +1TB HDD, Vista SP2 Media Center Edition, 6GB Ram,
    Logitech MOMO Force Feedback Racing Wheel with Pedals and Shifter.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,751 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by scalemaster34 View Post

Candy Crush Is both CPU and graphics intensive ..all 3 of our Z10's get warm and use a lot of battery...two on 10.2.1 and mine on 10.3....All on Verizon in the same general area and same cell signal strength...4-5 bars on all 3 of them

Crackberry Genius on Verizon STL100-4 10.3.0.296/442
    Rockin' a Black STL100-4...Z10 10.3.0.1154, Debug Token ...on Verizon, 64 GB WiFi Playbook.
    HP Elite M9340f Quad Core, OCZ 64GB Vertex 3 SSD +1TB HDD, Vista SP2 Media Center Edition, 6GB Ram,
    Logitech MOMO Force Feedback Racing Wheel with Pedals and Shifter.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,214 Global Posts

Stupendous!

Posted with X10 via CB10
    BB10 - Fear of a BlackBerry Planet
    BrentRoss likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    691 Global Posts

I just want background support, better app permission support (disable) certain ones, faster boot, better backup of Google Play apps, Google Play/Login support.

Then I'll be happy.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,214 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LuayS View Post
    I just want background support, better app permission support (disable) certain ones, faster boot, better backup of Google Play apps, Google Play/Login support.

Then I'll be happy.

Posted via CB10
    I think the ability to disable Android app permissions is coming in 10.3.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    931 Global Posts

no appreciable difference here. Still noticeably slow loading some apps, perhaps better compatibility though I haven't tried more apps than the ones I already have running in all honesty though. Glitches with apps resetting to an original navigation state upon minimising sometimes. No worse than before for sure though, and the start of better integration is hopefully a first step in the direction of better things to come.
    CrackBerry Addict

I share a different view from the other members, I have tried it and to me it was amazingly fast with the apps I use on a regular basis which are Instagram, Skype, Facebook, Facebook Messenger and Twitter.

I compared it with mom's old SG2 and they were opening more or less at the same speed, having in mind that the SG2 is still a good enough device I was surprised at how smoothly things ran.

I didn't try any other apps though, but those worked amazingly well in my Q10 and I can confidently say that it should be the case with the rest of the BlackBerry 10 phones.

Nevertheless, the downside part is the lack of notifications from many apps, I hope they can fix that otherwise a very important part in communications will be lost and it won't be a viable solution anymore.

Posted via CB10
    BB pin: 2B10A2AE
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,214 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by offyoutoddle View Post
    no appreciable difference here. Still noticeably slow loading some apps, perhaps better compatibility though I haven't tried more apps than the ones I already have running in all honesty though. Glitches with apps resetting to an original navigation state upon minimising sometimes. No worse than before for sure though, and the start of better integration is hopefully a first step in the direction of better things to come.
    I agree with Coffee Shampoo. Everything I've seen with 10.3 run time preview is it's far and above the 10.2 take you pick run time.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    931 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Heinz Katchup View Post
    I agree with Coffee Shampoo. Everything I've seen with 10.3 run time preview is it's far and above the 10.2 take you pick run time.
    Wish I had your phones then
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    258 Global Posts

It may be just me but the 10.3.0.700 runtime that I tested was abso-frickingly-amazing! EVERY android app that I restored worked PERFECTLY! Compared to 10.2.1.xxxx that I'm using, it's a drastic improvement and I couldn't emphasize how well the apps were running for me. Two examples: Simpsons:Tapped Out, runs amazingly, no more crashing and fluid gameplay, barely any loading time at all; other example is Word Lens Translator, worked perfectly and fixed the green camera issue that could only be fixed by the 'zoom' function on Z10/Z30's (So all Q-series devices couldn't use it on 10.2.1 but can on 10.3) and it ran fluidly translating images and signs for me on-the-fly as opposed to 10.2.1's choppy quality.

Just my two cents on how amazing 10.3 has been for me (but I can't use it daily due to the alarm clock being disabled )

Tested on Z10STL100-3 and my friend's Q10
    Last edited by D3C0D3R; 08-12-2014 at 10:31 PM.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,214 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by D3C0D3R View Post
    It may be just me but the 10.3.0.700 runtime that I tested was abso-frickingly-amazing! EVERY android app that I restored worked PERFECTLY! Compared to 10.2.1.xxxx that I'm using, it's a drastic improvement and I couldn't emphasize how well the apps were running for me. Two examples: Simpsons:Tapped Out, runs amazingly, no more crashing and fluid gameplay, barely any loading time at all; other example is Word Lens Translator, worked perfectly and fixed the green camera issue that could only be fixed by the 'zoom' function on Z10/Z30's (So all Q-series devices couldn't use it on 10.2.1 but can on 10.3) and it ran fluidly translating images and signs for me on-the-fly as opposed to 10.2.1's choppy quality.

Just my two cents on how amazing 10.3 has been for me (but I can't use it daily due to the alarm clock being disabled

Tested on Z10STL100-3 and my friend's Q10
    Awesome post! Looking so forward to 10.3 to try this. Also so I can stick all my Android apps in one folder.

Posted with X10 via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    258 Global Posts

What do you mean stick all of them in one folder? You mean the endless folders ability?
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,214 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by D3C0D3R View Post
    What do you mean stick all of them in one folder? You mean the endless folders ability?
    Precisely.

Posted with X10 via CB10
    CrackBerry User

For those of you who have (or who are) used (using) 10.3, is there any improved ability to receive hub notifications from Android apps? To me, this really important. It's great we can run Android apps on our BlackBerry phones (I've got no less than 5-7 at any time on my Z10). However, without improved hub integration it feels like the ability to run these apps is a bit handicapped.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by jsmenard1 View Post
    For those of you who have (or who are) used (using) 10.3, is there any improved ability to receive hub notifications from Android apps? To me, this really important. It's great we can run Android apps on our BlackBerry phones (I've got no less than 5-7 at any time on my Z10). However, without improved hub integration it feels like the ability to run these apps is a bit handicapped.

Posted via CB10
    I'm still on Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.700 since it was available and the notifications in the hub are very good for most Android apps.

Not all appear, but most seem to as far as I can tell.

Posted via CB10
    Thanked by:
    jsmenard1 (08-13-2014) 
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast