Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree90Likes
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default 8/27update - [biG isSue] 10.3.0.1052 on Z30, worst mobile connection ever!

8/27update:
    Got time today to do the 6th test -- load with. 700 radio. Use it for several hours now. It seems .700 radio has slightly better connection than the one from .1052.

I tested with both FIDO and Wind's networks; no issue with latest leak 10.2 build, only have connection issue with 10.3 os. Although I didn't mention before, I did try many times to fix it but failed.

1st try: wipe -> autoload with no restore (issue observed)
    2nd try: 1st -> sachesi flash same Radio again (no help)
    3rd try: 2nd -> restore Full backup (worsen, android errors)
    4th try: wipe -> sachesi flash core+radio+debri (no help)
    5th try: wipe -> autoload with no restore (second tried, no help)
    6th try: (not yet try flash with lower radio, e.g .700, I had this same issue when tried .700 autoload before)

My responses to replies:
    - Wipe is SIC wipe - format the phone 5 times each sic wipe.
    - I said "not affect my work" since I have many smartphone to use. And I did not change from saying " affect my work" to "not affect my work". Please don't lie to others . It's not fun.
    - Yes. I know it's a leak OS. Yes. I know I can flash back to 10.2.
    - Thanks to those trying to help others.
    - I doubt Blackberry notice about this. If they did, this should be in the highest priority list.
    - No. This connection issue is not Wind or T-Mobile' problem. BB10.2 has solid connection. My old BB9000 and flagship Samsung Galaxy Note 3 both have solid connection to Wind mobile.

Hope we can raise BB's awareness about this issue and fix it before they release Passport. I am planning to buy the Passport on day1.

Epee

--------------------------

update2:

You can see the signal is strong, full 5 bars; then it starts to drop to 0 bars, then "searching the network...", then back to full 5 bars after it found Wind network. When I use my other SIM from Fido, the issue remains the same. So it must be the radio/system's problem. My old LG Optimus one android phone has solid full 5 bars.

--------------------------------------
    update:
    thanks for reply. not only me having this issue, search the forum.
    I know it's leak os. Don't you think RIM want to know what the issue on their OS before formally release?

I flashed it with autoloader non-verison on Z30 directly bought from Blackberry onlinestore and I am in Toronto. No connection issue on 10.2, only have this connection issue on 10.3. Maybe I got a defective phone.

btw, I did clean install. sic vipe + autoload + NOT restore backup.
    --------------------------
    I have tried previous 10.3 leaks as well, all have mobile network connection problem. this 10.3.0.1052 is by far the worst I have ever seen!

I guess some have already reported this issue in somewhere. This issue is too biG and I think it deserve a new thread itself so that Blackberry can fix the issue asap.

Problem: connection is on and off constantly, in seconds, showing "searching for network..." the right upper corner!

My phone: Z30 bought it directly from Blackberry store; no connection issue on 10.2, but on all 10.3 I had tried.

I have tried both Wind network and Fido network, all have a very POOR connection on the Z30 with 10.3 OS/radio. At least 50% calls go directly to my voicemail. Absolutely unacceptable.

Tested placed the phone on a table, where it should have full signal bar, signal can drop from 5 bars to 0 bars, then "searching for network..." (most time when wake up the phone), then back to 5 bars again and waite several seconds, it drop to 0 bars again, then searching for network again......
    Last edited by epee; 08-27-2014 at 07:39 PM. Reason: update3
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    33,114 Global Posts

Well first of Blackberry won't listen you have a leak on your phone, try reloading the software or at least the radio, also take your phone of global and put it on the next setting down in your network and connections.
    Not here for a long time, but a good time would go over really big.
    Thanked by:
    wincyUt (08-24-2014) 
    moyah8 likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,512 Global Posts

1. this is a beta/leaked os that was never intended for the public. You faced the risk of installing these os's since they are obviously not final which means that they have bugs
    2. You might've installed the wrong radio
    3. It might be a hardware problem
    4. You're the only person to report this meaning that it's the such a "biG isSue"
    In squircle, we trust
    Thanked by 4:
    Camelhmpz (08-23-2014),  igor10000 (08-23-2014),  Vincent Romani (08-23-2014),  wincyUt (08-24-2014) 
    dslocumb, cyblitz, q649 and 5 others like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Lol unacceptable? Everything is acceptable when you load a leak. I suggest ring BlackBerry or visit your local carrier store and tell them that your leak is not working. I'd love to see their reaction...lol
    Thanked by:
    wincyUt (08-24-2014) 
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

I know it's leak os. Don't you think RIM want to know what the issue on their OS before formally release?

I flashed it with autoloader non-verison on Z30 directly bought from Blackberry onlinestore and I am in Toronto. No connection issue on 10.2, only have this connection issue on 10.3. Maybe I got a defective phone.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    33,114 Global Posts

I doubt it, try reloading, and do a wipe first.
    Not here for a long time, but a good time would go over really big.
    josh74 likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by epee View Post

Or go back to 10.2 and see what it does if it's the same then it is not the software if the problem disappears then 10.3 is not good for you
    Btw did you wiped after installation? If not wipe the device first it can solve a lot issues
    Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,512 Global Posts

1. It's BlackBerry. Rim dies ages ago
    2. BlackBerry knows about all the bugs that exist from people working at BlackBerry that test the software. We were never supposed to get these os's (except for 700, but even then it was only intended for devs) so they don't need our findings because they already have people paid to find these bugs
    3. I read every 10.3.0.1052 post already and there was one person with a network bug and it was for wifi so you're the only person claiming this bug
    4. It can't be defective if it worked well with 10.2. Maybe you dropped your phone or dust or water got in or something and your radio is no longer working as well as before
    In squircle, we trust
    CrackBerry User

I know ppl in GTA running this leak, on Rogers, telus, bell and koodo an dnone report this issue. Could it be your location and possible network congestion as lots of schools starting and peoepl moving into new locations this week
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    212 Global Posts

I have a z30 Canada employee phone. Unlocked from Rim.

Used the z30 autoloader and works perfect with Bell Mobility

Maybe your phone

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,512 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Abby D0g View Post
    I know ppl in GTA running this leak, on Rogers, telus, bell and koodo an dnone report this issue. Could it be your location and possible network congestion as lots of schools starting and peoepl moving into new locations this week
    I live in the G.T.A (Greater Toronto Area, not to be confused with Grand Theft Auto where I live for 7 hours a day) and I don't have any problem
    In squircle, we trust
    Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    12,233 Global Posts

BlackBerry is already ahead of you. If you, for whatever reason, think you're on the 'latest'... you're dead wrong. Your issue is self inflicted and really, in this case no one can help you besides yourself. It's a pretty pointless thing to get flustered over. If it's that big of an issue.... then don't run the leak. Simple.
    Answers are easy. It's asking the right questions which is hard. - The Doctor

[ Mobile Nations Sites: Android, iOS, Windows Phone, BlackBerry, Connectedly]
    Thanked by 10:
    bungaboy (08-23-2014),  Lostboy5151 (08-25-2014),  MobileMadness002 (08-23-2014),  moyah8 (08-23-2014),  Philip Stenjajev (08-23-2014),  ppeters914 (08-24-2014),  Sarek1701 (08-23-2014),  sk8er_tor (08-24-2014),  Taede (08-24-2014),  wincyUt (08-24-2014) 
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  

Quote Originally Posted by Bla1ze View Post
    BlackBerry is already ahead of you. If you, for whatever reason, think you're on the 'latest'... you're dead wrong. Your issue is self inflicted and really, in this case no one can help you besides yourself. It's a pretty pointless thing to get flustered over. If it's that big of an issue.... then don't run the leak. Simple.
    hope you are correct since i would like to use a stable no connection issue 10.3 as well. however, lots of other users reported this similar issue with previous leak 10.3 beta. i will try to upload a video tonight to show what it looks like.
    CrackBerry Addict

hope you are correct since i would like to use a stable no connection issue 10.3 as well. however, lots of other users reported this similar issue with previous leak 10.3 beta. i will try to upload a video tonight to show what it looks like.
    Still got issues?
    Revert back to your older os.

Hehehe
    CrackBerry Addict

Can confirm, have the same issue.

I've had this issue with all versions of 10.3

We're aware it's leaked/sdk versions of the OS, but you'd expect that it would get better, not worse.

Hoping a newer radio, maybe from the 10.3.1 branch drops soon, because the phone is basically unusable.

And to all the people who are being super smug, he didn't do anything wrong, I've seen other people report this.

It might not be a HUGE issue, but it's like the double typing, it's affecting a small number of users.

Posted from the future by brain kinesis
    Thanked by:
    needforbbx (08-25-2014) 
    needforbbx likes this.
    Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    12,233 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by John Vieira View Post
    And to all the people who are being super smug, he didn't do anything wrong, I've seen other people report this.

It might not be a HUGE issue, but it's like the double typing, it's affecting a small number of users.
    No one is saying he did anything wrong. Everyone is just simply saying it's a leak. If it's not working right, go back to an OS that does work. BlackBerry is already at the very least, one build higher and could have already been fixed.

They work the OS in stages and always have, some stuff is deliberately left broken even when they know it's an issue because at the time, whatever portion of the OS it may be is not their focus for that build. On top of that, your device is reporting everything back to BlackBerry anyway unless you specifically disabled it. Especially on leaks because they include the BlackBerry Software Logging Tool outside of the normal diagnostics installed.

[biG isSue] 10.3.0.1052 on Z30, worst mobile connection ever!-img_20140823_153731.png[biG isSue] 10.3.0.1052 on Z30, worst mobile connection ever!-img_20140823_153737.png
    Answers are easy. It's asking the right questions which is hard. - The Doctor

[ Mobile Nations Sites: Android, iOS, Windows Phone, BlackBerry, Connectedly]
    Thanked by 2:
    eduzojordan (08-23-2014),  ppeters914 (08-24-2014) 
    Slff, josh74, Lostboy5151 and 2 others like this.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #17  

Quote Originally Posted by Bla1ze View Post
    No one is saying he did anything wrong. Everyone is just simply saying it's a leak. If it's not working right, go back to an OS that does work. BlackBerry is already at the very least, one build higher and could have already been fixed.

They work the OS in stages and always have, some stuff is deliberately left broken even when they know it's an issue because at the time, whatever portion of the OS it may be is not their focus for that build. On top of that, your device is reporting everything back to BlackBerry anyway unless you specifically disabled it. Especially on leaks because they include the BlackBerry Software Logging Tool outside of the normal diagnostics installed.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140823_153731.png 
Views:	1044 
Size:	69.5 KB 
ID:	292904Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140823_153737.png 
Views:	1044 
Size:	95.8 KB 
ID:	292905
    Just update the top post.

You can see from the video, the signal is strong, full 5 bars; then it starts to drop to 0 bars, then "searching the network...", then back to full 5 bars after it found Wind network. When I use my other SIM from Fido, the issue remains the same. So it must be the radio/system's problem. My old LG Optimus one android phone has solid full 5 bars.
    CrackBerry Genius

You installed a leak so it's YOUR fault...this was not released to the public by BlackBerry so stop your whining. Roll back to 10.2.1.3xxx and your problem will be solved. Ppl like you shudnt load leaks, just wait for OTA update. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    josh74 likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #19  

Quote Originally Posted by rajbir01 View Post
    You installed a leak so it's YOUR fault...this was not released to the public by BlackBerry so stop your whining. Roll back to 10.2.1.3xxx and your problem will be solved. Ppl like you shudnt load leaks, just wait for OTA update. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    hey man, i'm not complaining this unstable leak OS affect my work... Just try to get more attention on this and hoping Blackberry can fix the problem ASAP as this issue exist since the first 10.3 leak / months ago.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by rajbir01 View Post

Posted via CB10
    See, this is what I mean about smugness and a toxic CB community

This is a real issue. The OP is posting and reporting about it.

He's not complaining, he's saying it exists, asking if other people have it, and if maybe someone came across a solution.

No one is whining. We know it's a leak. But if 100 different threads can be started by people who can't figure out how to install it, I think we deserve one dedicated to an existing issue.

Posted via CB10
    Thanked by 4:
    kbz1960 (08-24-2014),  Moopusmaximus (08-24-2014),  needforbbx (08-25-2014),  RADEoN1337 (08-24-2014) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Not sure what you are talking about but it not the phone it's the network....im also on wind and it's exactly the same....spotty coverage anywhere in the gta. With either the official 10.2.1 or this 10.3 it behaves the same....

Remember you get what you pay for when it comes to mobile phone service....

Wind probably has 1/3rd the amount of cell towers as the others....

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by non-vtec View Post
    Not sure what you are talking about but it not the phone it's the network....im also on wind and it's exactly the same....spotty coverage anywhere in the gta. With either the official 10.2.1 or this 10.3 it behaves the same....

Remember you get what you pay for when it comes to mobile phone service....

Wind probably has 1/3rd the amount of cell towers as the others....

Posted via CB10
    It's not the network. Wind does tend to be spotty sometimes, but not like this.

On 10.2.1 I had good connection, it's the radio, and this can be proven.

Plus, OP stated he tried Fido sim and different device and they were both fine.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    846 Global Posts

Hahaha

That's what you get for installing an unproven leak on your phone.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Ok if you guys can find a good radio file I will try it out..but mine acts exactly the same.....

Was solid full strength all the time when I was with bell....not so much with wind.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Genius

hey man, i'm not complaining this unstable leak OS affect my work... Just try to get more attention on this and hoping Blackberry can fix the problem ASAP as this issue exist since the first 10.3 leak / months ago.
    If its effecting your work then You need to Downgrade to a more stable OS.
    BlackBerry Z10 OS 10.3.0.1418

Sent from my PC using my finger tips...
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast