Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree111Likes
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    472 Global Posts

thanks for the replies, i will try it out later and let them know how it went, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Akshay Borkar View Post
    just download the apk of the app you want to install from any website or market (other than Google play store).. go to the download location..click on the file... and android app installer would start..!! enjoy..!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony2255 View Post
    Thanked by:
    Akshay Borkar (12-05-2013) 
    Akshay Borkar likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #27  

Quote Originally Posted by AcADIeN View Post
    Running android launcher, search for this on crackberry and you will see that we all already know about this, nothing new, just saying. (Anyone having fun installing Android launchers on their 10.2.1?)

Dual OS? more like blackberry running an android app, nothing new here either.

Cool? It sure is!
    i know its nothing new.. i just shared my personal experience buddy..!! and regarding dual os.. i have already replied..earlier.. go through all the comments... I know its not dual OS.. it is just runtime..but using launchers.. it surely feels like having two os.. and with dual apps.. its more fun..!! JUST SAYING..!!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    420 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gallopiton View Post
    hello there, sorry for my off topic message but can anyone refers me or tell me exactly how to have the android apps installed in my Z30? i mean, i am not sure if i have to sideload something first since i hear that now you don't need to do that in 10.2.1.1055 (which i have in my phone)... i've been looking for that in the forums and for some reason i am missing it... i would like to try the nova launcher for instance and also see how well the whole process of installing an app works in this leaked os... thanks in advance and i am sorry for the sort of out of topic reply
    Unless you installed 10.2.1.1055 by yourself, you do not have this beta version on your Z30 which can run APK's directly. You will have to use a sideload method to convert APK's to BAR files or install the leaked OS 10.2.1.1055 which is available if you search the forums.. You are likely on 10.2.0.xxxx
    Thanked by:
    gallopiton (12-05-2013) 
    Mecca EL and Akshay Borkar like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

The newest update of snap can now generate GSF ID and the UI is similar to BlackBerry world. It can show a complete description of the apk with screen shots and also it will tell you all apk installed and if there's an update of the apk it will inform you. It's just like having an android store installed in your bb10. Love it..

Posted via CB10
    Z10 + 64GB PB
    Thanked by 2:
    Gomark75 (12-05-2013),  Akshay Borkar (12-05-2013) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #30  

Quote Originally Posted by abramadhi View Post
    The newest update of snap can now generate GSF ID and the UI is similar to BlackBerry world. It can show a complete description of the apk with screen shots and also it will tell you all apk installed and if there's an update of the apk it will inform you. It's just like having an android store installed in your bb10. Love it..

Posted via CB10
    that's cool.. but what about local apps..?? are they showing for users residing in other then America..??
    CrackBerry Abuser

Advantage Dual OS!-img_00000233.png

Advantage Dual OS!-img_00000234.png

does work on Z10STL100-1/10.2.0.1803

but nothing special.

Z10STL100-1/10.2.0.1803
    CrackBerry Abuser

How do you switch between them please tell me
    CrackBerry Abuser

Advantage Dual OS!-img_00000235.png

there is dev tool inside, but when i choose google service login, it crash.
    i thinks someday blackberry will make this work so we can use all app with google account.

Z10STL100-1/10.2.0.1803
    Thanked by:
    Akshay Borkar (12-05-2013) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by FOR RIM View Post
    How do you switch between them please tell me
    sideload the launcher! that's it.

Z10STL100-1/10.2.0.1803
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    275 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AcADIeN View Post
    Running android launcher, search for this on crackberry and you will see that we all already know about this, nothing new, just saying. (Anyone having fun installing Android launchers on their 10.2.1?)

Dual OS? more like blackberry running an android app, nothing new here either.

Cool? It sure is!
    Should we say AcADIeN or CaJuN (the declination of Acadien)?
    Refering to your comment above, I would say CaJuN. ..its a bit SpiCy!

The OP did prepared a nice post sharing its enthusiasm running the "dual OS", you come here and just act like snapping a rule on its fingers.
    Thanked by 2:
    Akshay Borkar (12-05-2013),  fanatical (12-05-2013) 
    fanatical and Akshay Borkar like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by arrowz View Post
    sideload the launcher! That's it.

Z10stl100-1/10.2.0.1803
    i mean how to switch betwwen launcher and bb 10 os
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #37  

Quote Originally Posted by arrowz View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000235.png 
Views:	2154 
Size:	84.6 KB 
ID:	227223

there is dev tool inside, but when i choose google service login, it crash.
    i thinks someday blackberry will make this work so we can use all app with google account.

Z10STL100-1/10.2.0.1803
    yup...same is the issue with me also... but once it is enabled... bb10 devices would surely rise in the market..!! BB needs to advertise this stuff..!!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #38  

just use the normal minimize the app gesture... (bottom of the screen to center) also you can even use BB peek..even if you are in launcher..!!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #39  

Quote Originally Posted by DStLouis View Post
    Should we say AcADIeN or CaJuN (the declination of Acadien)?
    Refering to your comment above, I would say CaJuN. ..its a bit SpiCy!

The OP did prepared a nice post sharing its enthusiasm running the "dual OS", you come here and just act like snapping a rule on its fingers.
    Thanks for your support..!! I appreciate it..!! thanks a lot..!!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,987 Global Posts

The launcher is just another app so you treat it as you would any other app (swipe up and close).
    Rocking the Z10 STL100-3 on OS 10.3.1.1151
    Tablets: 32GB Playbook; Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
    "If Eve had given Adam a Blackberry, the world would be paradise. Instead, she gave him an Apple. Look at us now. ~ CB Member

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    472 Global Posts

dear crackberrians, after following the advice given here to my question i downloaded some android apps and i must say it was a lot easier that i thought it would be (btw BBZ10wannabe, i was running the leaked os, just wanted some advice about how to proceed since i couldn't find the thread mentioned it, thanks anyway)... i have been reading comments for years regarding the no app availability for a BB phone but now i think there is a suitable solution here... i know some android fans will jump on me in few seconds, but at least IMHO this new leak helps a lot in this situation... i am not an app type of guy, but it was nice to see the few ones i tried working flawlessly... so all good, thanks for the help, and i would recommend anyone on the fence between trying or not to install the leak and download android apps to give it a try

Quote Originally Posted by BBZ10wannabe View Post
    Unless you installed 10.2.1.1055 by yourself, you do not have this beta version on your Z30 which can run APK's directly. You will have to use a sideload method to convert APK's to BAR files or install the leaked OS 10.2.1.1055 which is available if you search the forums.. You are likely on 10.2.0.xxxx
    Thanked by:
    Bratza (12-08-2013) 
    KemKev and Akshay Borkar like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #42  

Quote Originally Posted by gallopiton View Post
    dear crackberrians, after following the advice given here to my question i downloaded some android apps and i must say it was a lot easier that i thought it would be (btw BBZ10wannabe, i was running the leaked os, just wanted some advice about how to proceed since i couldn't find the thread mentioned it, thanks anyway)... i have been reading comments for years regarding the no app availability for a BB phone but now i think there is a suitable solution here... i know some android fans will jump on me in few seconds, but at least IMHO this new leak helps a lot in this situation... i am not an app type of guy, but it was nice to see the few ones i tried working flawlessly... so all good, thanks for the help, and i would recommend anyone on the fence between trying or not to install the leak and download android apps to give it a try
    glad we could help..!! Enjoy..!!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    845 Global Posts

good one indeed
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #44  

Quote Originally Posted by ankush77 View Post
    good one indeed
    thanks..!!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    PIN
    28B3F886

Whenever you want to open an Android app, does the little box always pop up asking you to choose Launcher or qnx[****] to run the app? I installed Nova Launcher a few days ago but got rid of it since it was always a two-step process to open the app. I remember on my Android phone, you could say "always open with ....". Can you do this on BB10?

Also, when you're in the Launcher and you click on an app, does that app open up another active frame? It did for me, but was wondering if it worked the same for everyone else.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #46  

Currently 10.2.1.1555 does not support the * just once * and * always * options when launching certain things... hopefully in next leak or official os it would be their.. and yes the apps would open active frame..be it bb app or android.. the os like that only.. but from the launcher if you open gallery or camera or people.. it won't open in a new active frame.. it would use the same frame that of the launcher. . Give it a try..!!

Posted via CB10
    whats in the signature.. AB
    Thanked by:
    yasmar (12-05-2013) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Glad you are excited about it, just a word of caution, using launchers have briken the Andtoid Runtime for some people. So be sure to revert back to original launcher before uninstalling any new launchers

1. You didnt mention the WIDGETS. Get some widgets on those homescreen of yours (in launcher). Lke calengoo, evernote, recorder, etc

2. Login using your google account: Follow this post
    Login to your google apps after installing the Google Play / Account apks given in this link. Get GMail to work and include its widget.

3. Login into GMaps using the apk provided, and sync your starred location, get google voice navigation, and update your location to google servers (location history reporting). v6.4 for google maps works for me.

4. Make your phone speak back to you, make full use of Pico TTS installed on your phone, download any Text to speech client (few kb in size) and make them speak your documents and texts using Android's builtin Voice. Use Moon Reader apk to read out your ebooks. I have been trying to install new voices, but right now, none are working.

Happy Z10ing
    LED Notify || Add To Calendar || Musalizer || HUB Lock || Puzzle Alarm || ClipBoard
    Curve 8300 Curve 8520 Storm 9530 Playbook 64 + Z10 (10.3)
    Thanked by:
    mnc76 (12-06-2013) 
    Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    12,605 Global Posts

While I'm always glad to see people enjoying their devices.. I have to just say what others have already said.... it's just a launcher. But hey, whatever floats your boat.
    Answers are easy. It's asking the right questions which is hard. - The Doctor

[ Mobile Nations Sites: Android, iOS, Windows Phone, BlackBerry, Connectedly]
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #49  

Quote Originally Posted by Utkarsh View Post
    Glad you are excited about it, just a word of caution, using launchers have briken the Andtoid Runtime for some people. So be sure to revert back to original launcher before uninstalling any new launchers

1. You didnt mention the WIDGETS. Get some widgets on those homescreen of yours (in launcher). Lke calengoo, evernote, recorder, etc

2. Login using your google account: Follow this post
    Login to your google apps after installing the Google Play / Account apks given in this link. Get GMail to work and include its widget.

3. Login into GMaps using the apk provided, and sync your starred location, get google voice navigation, and update your location to google servers (location history reporting). v6.4 for google maps works for me.

4. Make your phone speak back to you, make full use of Pico TTS installed on your phone, download any Text to speech client (few kb in size) and make them speak your documents and texts using Android's builtin Voice. Use Moon Reader apk to read out your ebooks. I have been trying to install new voices, but right now, none are working.

Happy Z10ing
    Woah... that's hell of a information..!! would surely follow your instructions soon..!!
    Thanks..!!

Posted via Dual OS Z10..!! B-)
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #50  

Quote Originally Posted by Bla1ze View Post
    While I'm always glad to see people enjoying their devices.. I have to just say what others have already said.... it's just a launcher. But hey, whatever floats your boat.
    We all know it's just a launcher.. but if you can showoff in front of your friends who say BlackBerry sucks.. it's like a punch on their faces.. coz we got better android than them..!! And that was the whole point of my thread..!! I have already mentioned about the launcher thing.. read comments on 1st page..!!

Posted via Dual OS Z10..!! B-)
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast