10.2 and ATT
I think mostly ATT users have been having excessive heat and battery drain issues, and have been experiencing 4g signals regularly when they has LTE signals regularly on 10.1.
I found a solution, if you load the radio from the. 92 hybrid with the developer beta. 341 for the stl 100-3 then side load the missing media apps you will experience regular LTE signals, typical heat and your usual battery drain. I used sachiup to extract the signed radio and core is then used cap to create an auto loader, for the missing media apps I used bars I extracted from. 228 with sachup. If anyone wants me to post the auto loader I can later tonight. But the process is not difficult.
EDIT: Autoloader link is on post #17
Posted via CB10
Last edited by Benjamin Black; 07-02-2013 at 05:50 PM.
- 06-29-2013, 09:51 PM #3
Sounds interesting. I think I might try it.
SILENCE!!! For I have spoken...MePiikan...You shall not be forgotten.
Community Rules & Guidelines
- 06-29-2013, 10:09 PM #4
That would be great if you post an auto loader; I definitely would like to give it a try. I'm on AT&T as well and have tried most 10.2's ( .341 .228. .93 ) and have noticed higher battery temps compared to 10.1. I've settled in on 10.1.0.2062, which has been about the best so far for me. The only major problem I've run into with the 10.2 builds has been the inability to completely power down the phone.
- CrackBerry User
07-01-2013, 08:55 PM #6
- 51 Posts
I'm running 10.2.0.93 hybrid that's been posted and i have exceptional signal, and battery lasts better than 10.1 on average my phone runs about an extra 3 hours with the same usage. Give that a try. I too am on ATT
Posted via CB10BlackBerry Z10 - 10.2.0.483
BlackBerry Playbook - 18.104.22.16878
1. This DOES include the android 4.2.2 runtime from the Dev Beta OS
2. This DOES NOT include social networks, or whats app integrated into the HUB. If you use them then you need to install the application from blackberry world, but even then it won't be HUB integrated.
3. Bluetooth seems to work fine.
4. BlackBerry Search does not function
5. You MUST sideload the apps from the zip file in order to get a functional OS.
6. For me, this holds and LTE signal much, much longer than any other 10.2 build and battery drain is at similar levels to the leaked 10.1 builds I have used (Excluding 2062 which has off the wall battery life), but that doesn't mean you will have a similar experience. Be forewarned.
7. Restore from a Backup WILL NOT WORK.
The only reason to install this really is if you want to play with the 4.2.2 andorid runtime on a non-bare bones OS that doesn't absolutely destroy your battery. Otherwise, you should install one of the other 10.2 leaks. And I make no guarantees this won't be a major battery sucking OS for you. My claims as to battery life are based solely on my own experience as an ATT subscriber in Orlando, FL.
READ THE ABOVE BEFORE YOU INSTALL!
sideload these apps: https://mega.co.nz/#!DVdkkAbY!NGvcuC...w7yn7hT7vf6TNg
- CrackBerry User
07-08-2013, 01:01 PM #18
- 45 Posts
can we wipe the OS by another autoloader to get back our backups working? How can we get WhatsApp hub integration working? Do we need to reprogram the operating system LOL...
also #4 is a pain.. no search OW! no Facebook / Social networks,, oh boy... .. what's the 4.2.2 runtime even mean? Better comparability with Androids apps? I tried using an APK to BAR converter to no avail for tons of Apps such as Shazam... etc ... it converted them but they just crashed!
- By Chunksiicle in forum BlackBerry Z10Replies: 13Last Post: 09-11-2013, 10:38 PM
- By wxmancanada in forum The Marketplace - Buy, Sell & TradeReplies: 18Last Post: 07-12-2013, 04:43 PM
- By jtc424 in forum BlackBerry Q10Replies: 7Last Post: 06-30-2013, 10:47 AM
- By DavidDossenback in forum BlackBerry Z10Replies: 18Last Post: 06-30-2013, 07:14 AM
- By Blackman91 in forum PlayBook Apps & GamesReplies: 6Last Post: 06-30-2013, 05:10 AM