Tutorial: Run ANY Android 2.3.3 app on Blackberry10
Hey guys. This method allows you to run any Android 2.3.3 app in Blackberry 10.1. Even if the app is using NATIVE CODE.
Update: Now works with Android 4.2.2 apps using 10.2 Beta OS.
1. Java JRE
2. My Android-Pack: (Windows) (Mac) (Linux).
3. Debug Token in same directory as Android-Pack
Create Debug Token:
- Simply request tokens here. Keep note of the 'PIN' you chose.
- Edit config.txt and pinlist.txt from Android-Pack. Fill it in according to the examples and instructions it contains.
- Copy the two .csj files that were emailed to you in to the same directory as the pack and then run RegisterToken.
You should have a debugtoken.bar if everything went successfully. Now you can continue.
Convert and Side-load Android Apps:
Windows: Drag any Android app .apk on to ConvertAndroidApp.
Mac/Linux: Run ./ConvertAndroidApp.sh MyAndroidApp.apk and install resulting .bar file.
Remember: Every 30 days you just need to run RenewToken
Frequency Asked Questions
- Why does it tell me my keystore password is incorrect? This usually means you are registering a second time. To register a second time you need to move or delete your debugtoken and your old registration files. They are located in %APPDATA%\..\Local\Research In Motion
- My app crashes/doesn't work properly. Why? Catlog is your friend! Sideload this. Crash your app. This will tell you why.
This has been working for months now. Sorry for not getting it out to you guys earlier!
Last edited by xsacha; 08-08-13 at 02:14 AM.
- 06-13-13, 01:14 AM #12
How about audible.com? The ported Android versions haven?t worked and it may have been deliberately disabled because of a DRM squabble between BlackBerry and audible.
- 06-13-13, 01:32 AM #21
- 06-13-13, 01:38 AM #24
- 06-13-13, 02:02 AM #25
Doesn't work on GoogleServicesFramework.apk, although I suppose that shouldn't come as a surprise?
(AndroidManifest.xml) uses-feature: android.hardware.telephony:required minimal Tablet OS version=10.0.6:impact=2
(AndroidManifest.xml) number of launchable activities 0 is lower than 1:impact=5
(AndroidManifest.xml) uses-permission: REBOOT:impact=1
(AndroidManifest.xml) uses-permission: CHANGE_WIFI_STATE:impact=1
(AndroidManifest.xml) uses-permission: PERSISTENT_ACTIVITY:impact=4
(AndroidManifest.xml) uses-permission: WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS:impact=1
(AndroidManifest.xml) uses-permission: SET_TIME:impact=1
(AndroidManifest.xml) uses-permission: WRITE_GSERVICES:impact=1
(AndroidManifest.xml) uses-permission: STATUS_BAR:impact=1
(AndroidManifest.xml) uses-permission: DUMP:impact=4
(AndroidManifest.xml) uses-permission: com.google.android.c2dm.permission.RECEIVE:require d minimal Tablet OS version=10.0.9:impact=2
(AndroidManifest.xml) uses-permission: CHANGE_NETWORK_STATE:impact=1
(AndroidManifest.xml) uses-permission: MASTER_CLEAR:impact=1
(com/google/android/gsf/gtalkservice/ServiceAutoStarter.java:67) class: com.google.android.gsf.gtalkservice.ServiceAutoSta rter uses intent action android.intent.action.BOOT_COMPLETED:impact=1
(com/google/android/gsf/gtalkservice/service/GTalkService.java:433) class: com.google.android.gsf.gtalkservice.service.GTalkS ervice$AccountsAndSettingsMonitor uses intent action android.intent.action.USER_PRESENT:impact=1
(com/google/android/gsf/gtalkservice/service/GTalkService.java:974) class: com.google.android.gsf.gtalkservice.service.GTalkS ervice uses intent action android.intent.action.PACKAGE_ADDED:impact=1
(com/google/android/gsf/gtalkservice/service/GTalkService.java:930) class: com.google.android.gsf.gtalkservice.service.GTalkS ervice uses intent action android.intent.action.USER_PRESENT:impact=1
Missing PUSH configuration file: GoogleServicesFramework.cfg :impact=3
Using custom manifest additions from file: D:\Desktop\android-pack\test.MF
[ERROR] Manifest Exception during packaging: D:\Desktop\android-pack\GoogleServicesFramework.bar
Summary: =2; =2; =1; =2; =12;
Impact Legend: =Severe; =High /context; =Medium /context; =Medium-low /context; =Minor;
- By avadakedava in forum PlayBook Apps & GamesReplies: 9Last Post: 09-02-11, 10:28 PM
- By dave1812 in forum AndroidReplies: 5Last Post: 04-28-11, 07:53 PM
- By mangcool in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 10Last Post: 05-22-10, 01:15 PM
- By mangcool in forum BlackBerry Curve 85xxReplies: 10Last Post: 05-22-10, 01:15 PM
- By jonrobinson in forum AndroidReplies: 0Last Post: 11-07-09, 12:49 AM