Tutorial: How to download an APK file from Google Play Store
I've seen many people asking the same question over and over again, so I thought I'd write up a small tutorial for this.
Note: This method will NOT allow you to download APK files of paid apps.
1. Google Chrome Browser: Download Link
2. APK Downloader Extension (A file named '1.4.3.crx' will be downloaded to a destination of your choice): Download Link
3. An Android Device OR if you don't have one, get the BlueStacks App Player for Windows or Mac: Download Link
Step 1: Install Google Chrome if you don't already have it.
Step 2: Type "chrome://extensions" in the address bar without the quotes.
Step 3: Drag the 1.4.3.crx file that you downloaded into the Extensions page that's opened up in Chrome. Press Add in the popup box that comes up.
Step 4: Click the Options link beneath the APK Downloader entry on the Extensions page and you will be asked to provide your email, password and device ID. Enter the email address and password associated with your Google Play account. Keep this page open.
Step 5 (optional - skip this step if you have an Android phone): Install BlueStacks App Player and run it.
Step 6: In BlueStacks (or your Android phone) open the Play Store and search for, and download the DeviceID app.
Step 7: Once installed, open the DeviceID app and note the Device ID and email address shown. Type these into the APK Downloader Settings page that you kept open in Chrome in Step 4.
Step 8: Save the settings and now, whenever you browse the Play Store from Chrome, you can click on the APK Downloader icon that comes up in the address bar to download the APK file. See Screenshot
Hope this helps.
Last edited by maneck35; 07-17-13 at 05:03 AM.Thanked by 17:
+ Show/Hide list of the thanked
Affie36 (07-17-13), bebold99 (08-06-13), Bilaal (07-21-13), eugene1979 (08-15-13), ezapper2 (06-26-13), FunkyDread (08-27-13), gregorylkelly (06-19-13), jafrul (11-07-13), kraems17 (08-21-13), kraidx (08-10-13), macaroon9 (10-06-13), Mr.V786 (07-01-13), sembrani20blue (08-25-13), Seza Palaz (11-07-13), The SPCS Guy (10-05-13), tranpqvu (09-20-13)
- 07-10-13, 03:01 AM #6
I explained this method a long time ago on my thread in my signature with images if anyone wants to take a look, regardless, nice tuti have secret sources that confirm that blackberry is getting bought by apple. i also have sources that say that toasters are the future of mobile computing. i wonder if my signature requires a "[rumor]" or "[joke]" to ruin the [satire] in this short phrase.
- 07-15-13, 07:22 PM #9
Reinstall the extension.i have secret sources that confirm that blackberry is getting bought by apple. i also have sources that say that toasters are the future of mobile computing. i wonder if my signature requires a "[rumor]" or "[joke]" to ruin the [satire] in this short phrase.
- 07-15-13, 07:41 PM #10
Last edited by Mr.V786; 07-15-13 at 07:57 PM.
- 07-15-13, 08:18 PM #11i have secret sources that confirm that blackberry is getting bought by apple. i also have sources that say that toasters are the future of mobile computing. i wonder if my signature requires a "[rumor]" or "[joke]" to ruin the [satire] in this short phrase.
- 07-15-13, 09:43 PM #12
- 07-16-13, 12:24 AM #13
Just refresh whatever play store link you're at, it does the trick for me.
- 07-16-13, 09:28 PM #14
i will have to concede defeat as this is consuming too much of my time like a dog with a bone! lol
thanks for all the help.
- 07-16-13, 10:20 PM #15
- 07-21-13, 07:29 AM #18
I just downloaded chrome and the apk downloader, but when i drag and drop, the .crx file never opens in the extensions page?
I'm using chrome v28"I mean think about it, what kind of world would we live in if everybody was friendly to the person next to 'em?"
"I don't know man, I don't know..."
"Exactly, a terrible effin' world!"
- CrackBerry Abuser
07-30-13, 09:36 AM #24
- 102 Posts
Use method 2 from this link, which works as well:
How To Download Apk File From Google Play to PC ? [Updated] | Technoxide - Android , Windows , Linux , iOS , Symbian Techs
You still need to install Bluestacks with deviceID app to determine your device ID.
- By chrisstlaurent in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 25Last Post: 01-04-14, 04:36 PM
- By wellanas in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 17Last Post: 01-04-09, 01:51 PM
- By nask in forum BlackBerry Pearl 81xxReplies: 1Last Post: 12-01-08, 10:42 PM
- By taralsink in forum IntroductionsReplies: 2Last Post: 08-20-08, 05:06 PM
- By jjohnson311 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 8Last Post: 07-09-08, 05:16 PM