Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dman2009
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Are these .bar files safe?

Part of me is so happy that we can run Android apps on our BB10 and Playbook devices. However, another part of me is a bit worried. Wouldn't it be possible to add some malicious code to the .bar file for key stroke logging or some other malicious activity? I see PayPal and banking apps so I'm wondering if these are safe to use?

Any thoughts on this?
    irwindersra likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

All of the apps on our store are taken directly from Google Play and then converted to BAR files, so they are 100% safe. I know exactly what you mean, it is fairly easily to bundle the apk with crappy malware and convert it to blackberry. This is why, we recommend everyone download stuff from our store, rather then some dodgy 3rd rate site.
    The Good e-Reader App Store is your #1 online Destination for BB10, Android and Playbook Apps! We currently have over 4500 Blackberry apps and 47,000 Android Apps! Our new client will work with the new leaked firmware. Download it today or visit http://apps.goodereader.com
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Thanks for your reply. I actually erased all of my .bar files and downloaded them from your site. However, the Chase bank app and the PayPal app from your site do not work.

So you guys actually do the conversion yourselves?

Thanks!
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by kozmonaut View Post
    All of the apps on our store are taken directly from Google Play and then converted to BAR files, so they are 100% safe. I know exactly what you mean, it is fairly easily to bundle the apk with crappy malware and convert it to blackberry. This is why, we recommend everyone download stuff from our store, rather then some dodgy 3rd rate site.
    Just because you downloaded the original file from Google Play doesn't guarantee 100% that it is safe...

Posted via CB10