Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    PM Me!
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Is there a difference...apk2bar vs repackaging yourself?

Hello, CrackBerries! I've got a question.

I've managed to get access to an Android apk app file greatly needed for my online business, but when I go to the online app converter apk2bar.unker.net to convert it for use on my playbook, it crashes.

My question is if there is any difference between repackaging the file yourself and running it through the apk converter? If not, then I need to stop downloading the SDK kits for both BB and Android and save the space on my hard drive. I understand that not all files that are converted with apk2bar will work...its hit or miss. But, the app will run to the point of logging in before it crashes. I've loaded them up with to the PB with the updated version of DDPB. Just to make sure it was the right app file, I also downloaded BlueStacks, and it ran fine there. Obviously, the app runs fine on my wife's android.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx!

Global Posts
    1,940 Global Posts
    PIN
    Look at her ****, dios mio

The difference is, you get bragging rights.
    [Atticus told me to delete the adjectives and I'd have the facts]
    2 Chainz came out with a 4.0 GPA in Business. I want to be 2 Chainz when I grow up.

BBM: 7FC94509 - Give me a reason to use it!
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    PM Me!
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

That's it? So pretty much if it doesn't run on the PB converted, then it probably won't run on the Z10 either, correct? That and that alone is the determining factor as to if I pick up the new Z10 when it drops in the US or part ways with BB and move to Android. So far I'm really feeling the Z10, especially since it has both Skype and Oovoo. Im not much into the games, thats why I have a PB. Communication is key, and that single app.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by chesterhall View Post
    That's it? So pretty much if it doesn't run on the PB converted, then it probably won't run on the Z10 either, correct? That and that alone is the determining factor as to if I pick up the new Z10 when it drops in the US or part ways with BB and move to Android. So far I'm really feeling the Z10, especially since it has both Skype and Oovoo. Im not much into the games, thats why I have a PB. Communication is key, and that single app.
    Not true; there's a lot of apks that are on goodereader that absolutely will not work; I am thinking it is because of the OS, bit system they sign and covert it on. However when I convert these same apks myself into bars and sign them,; they work.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    672 Global Posts

Default Re: Is there a difference...apk2bar vs repackaging yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by captainronald View Post
    Not true; there's a lot of apks that are on goodereader that absolutely will not work; I am thinking it is because of the OS, bit system they sign and covert it on. However when I convert these same apks myself into bars and sign them,; they work.
    Hello!
    I was wondering..., what does it mean to *sign* an app?
    Thank you fellow side-loaders.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    491 Global Posts

That website seems to substitute versions? I uploaded soundcloud 2.4.2 (latest) and it pumps out v1.0.5 instantly? So better to convert and sign yourself

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    Samsungs + various Nokia's > 8520 > 8900 > 9900 + Playbook