Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    263 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Sirius XM App (In Canada) Working

Hey,

I was eager to get Sirius XM working on my Z10, but noticed that both of the major threads in this forum list it as Not Working.

I figured I would try anyway, and the link I found here: Sirius satellite Radio Canada for Playbook and BB10 - Blackberry Playbook and BB10 Audio and Video Apps | Android APPS - BB10 Apps & Playbook Apps works perfectly fine for me. Actually, it's the first app I ever sideloaded on my PlayBook and Z10. The version listed as not working is 2.2 - and this one is 1.0. So anyone else having trouble may want to try v 1.0 instead of 2.2?

I've been using it successfully over the past few days, and can log in, set favourites, but more importantly - listen! I haven't had it crash yet, and it's even integrated with the hub notifications. I'm glad to have Sirius back on my phone I haven't been able to listen (on a phone) since 2010 when I got rid of my Storm.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thanks for that information, will give it a try.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Newbie

"Service Temporarily Unavailable" Same as V2.2.
    AT&T-3610, Motorola MicroTAC Lite II, Audiovox Cdm-8910, Samsung M510, Blackberry 9530, Blackberry 9800, Blackberry 9900, Z10

These streams will be up and down over the next few weeks as they're being decommissioned. No official app uses them any more, so they're slowly being shut down. Some days they will work, others not. The good news is that I can confirm that a Canadian version of the SiriusXM app for BlackBerry 10 will be released in Canada shortly after the US launch.
    evil likes this.
    CrackBerry User

I hope the US version follows the Canadian version too.

Quote Originally Posted by evil View Post
    I hope the US version follows the Canadian version too.
    Sorry, what I meant was that the Canadian app will follow the US app launch. So the US will see the SiriusXM app first, then Canada will follow.
    evil and bunky1971 like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    263 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Hmm. I hope you heard this from someone other than their customer service centre. They had assured me well over a year and a half ago that versions for OS6 and 7 were on the way, and that obviously never materialized. I was told at the time that their plans to upgrade the BlackBerry app would coincide with them offering Best of XM and NHL for an additional cost.

I really hope you are right though and there's a new version on the way! Especially if this newer version contains the PVR features I keep reading about on their website re: their justification to charge an extra $4/month for online.

Kind of a side question, but does anyone happen to know what 31 music channels don't have hosts for online? From their FAQ, "31 of the music channels don't include any DJs or hosts". Could this be why I haven't heard Madison yet on Alt Nation?

I would never trust anything that came from a over-the-phone service rep from ANY company.

I work very close with the product team in charge of this new venture.
    madx80h likes this.
    CrackBerry User

This is fantastic news, I recently cancelled my sirius account because they did not have a BB10 app. I will sign up again once this is made available.
    Thanks for sharing.
    madx80h likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Hey -- would you happen to know if the US version will be only on Appworld for americans or something. I have been a long term SirusXM subscribe (with my US server), but I live in Canada. On my iOS devices I have 2 itunes accounts so I can get the US app.. what are my chances on the BB Z10 app...

Quote Originally Posted by wxmancanada View Post
    I would never trust anything that came from a over-the-phone service rep from ANY company.

I work very close with the product team in charge of this new venture.

Quote Originally Posted by DeviousTDI View Post
    Hey -- would you happen to know if the US version will be only on Appworld for americans or something. I have been a long term SirusXM subscribe (with my US server), but I live in Canada. On my iOS devices I have 2 itunes accounts so I can get the US app.. what are my chances on the BB Z10 app...
    The US app will only be available to devices in the US, Canadian devices will only be able to see the Canadian one.

If you can somehow set your location to the USA using a different BBID, that might work. Not sure how BB sets your location.
    CrackBerry User

I got my Sirius XM USA app to work... just don't upgrade when you get prompted to

http://apk2bar.unker.net/bar/1d/94/8..._v1.0.38.0.bar
    Thanked by 2:
    thund3rbay (04-06-2013),  SkypilotOfHope (06-11-2013) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

I'm upset with sirius I have had them for 6 years and now they start charging an extra 4 dollars a month for online listening! When I asked the rep on the phone he said it was complimentary......very bad customer service from sirius

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by markbono View Post
    I'm upset with sirius I have had them for 6 years and now they start charging an extra 4 dollars a month for online listening! When I asked the rep on the phone he said it was complimentary......very bad customer service from sirius

Posted via CB10
    Just cancel and they will offer the web for free to keep you
    CrackBerry Abuser

The US app will only be available to devices in the US, Canadian devices will only be able to see the Canadian one.

If you can somehow set your location to the USA using a different BBID, that might work. Not sure how BB sets your location.
    Uh oh. I have 3 SXM USA subs and live in Canada. Are you saying I won't be able to use the app?

Posted via CB10

Basically the app for USA customers will only show up in BlackBerry World USA. Same thing for Canada, the Canadian app will only display in the Canadian store front.

That being said, it wouldn't be impossible to side-load the USA app in Canada or the Canadian app in the USA. There's no technical limitation stopping you, it's just actually obtaining the app its self. Once released, shoot me a PM and I should be able to help you out.
    Thanked by:
    SkypilotOfHope (06-10-2013) 
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    PM me

Any time frame to when that app will release?

In association with my TKBerry Z10
    CrackBerry Abuser

I would like to know too? Q10 is out. I would have thought for sure it would have brought the app out into production.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Genius

I wish this App would get released already. What is the eta?

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Newbie

Me too, anyone have any new information on this topic?

No good news at this time. I'll post a new topic later tonight.
    CrackBerry Genius

Current version works perfectly using new apk conversion method.

Yes, but be aware that come the end of this month the servers supporting this old app will be taken offline meaning the app will no longer work.
    CrackBerry Genius

Yes, but be aware that come the end of this month the servers supporting this old app will be taken offline meaning the app will no longer work.
    No. 2.5 is working.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Addict

I just cancelled my Sirius. They offered the online free and a reduced rate for overall. I asked about the BB10 app and they had no clue.

When I said no thanks she put me on hold and then came back and said the app was coming soon... They will say anything to save someone from cancelling.

If they get the app working I'll consider going back but if I do its with the US sub because the Canadian Sirius Xm is horrible. No hockey..lots of useless channels.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast