[Request] convert a few apks for Logitech Squeezebox/Media Server (trying other options)
I wondered if someone could help us Logitech Squeezebox/Media Server users to convert a few Android apps to see if we can get one to work.
Thanks firstly to Lendo78 for converting the latest version of Logitech's own Squeezebox Controller. Unfortunately that version (1.1.14) does not work on the z10.
I've looked around and there are a few alternative (free) options which we could try (with the right help from you 'converter' folks!)
- I don't know if there is a repository for older versions/APKs, but I came across what I believe is an older apk for Logitech's app http://downloads.slimdevices.com/Squ...ueezebox-5.apk
- Squeezer - Android Squeezer Open Source Project -- with the nature of the project, I'm tempted to email the developer directly, but figured it would be easiest to see first if it just worked 'out of the box'. If not, I'll definitely reach out to them and see if they'd be interested to do a little tweak-and-port.
- Squeezebox remote -- this one may only play from mysqueezebox.com, but even if so, I'd take it (there is a premium version, but not sure if it adds server functionality)
Hopefully one of these works... I've emailed the two devs who have native playbook apps for Squeezebox and unfortunately neither seem inclined at this point to bring them over to z10. I've also emailed some of the other (paid) Android developers (also the main iOS dev) to see if anyone is interested to come on over... but no responses as of yet.
A huge thanks in advance to anyone who can help out here!!
Trying to take things into my own hands a bit here... at least for #1 above, I was able to use http://apk2bar.unker.net/
Unfortunately, it seems to hang in the same way the previous version did - at the 'Free your music' screen. I will test a little further when I'm actually at home on the same network, but so far, doesn't look good.
Can anyone else help in getting apks for the other two options?
- CrackBerry Abuser
03-30-13, 02:49 PM #7
- 274 Posts
I started this thread (Link). I also called on the Music2Touch developer to bring a app to BB10.
I honestly have no idea how to side load and am not sure I want to do it either. I really don't want to brick the phone because I dont have the cash to grab another. Would gladly pay for something to control the SB.
- By Drenis in forum BlackBerry 10 AppsReplies: 9Last Post: 09-01-13, 08:44 PM
- By dj_matty_s in forum PlayBook Android App SideloadingReplies: 1Last Post: 12-27-12, 04:40 PM
- By haloyo in forum PlayBook Android App SideloadingReplies: 1Last Post: 05-14-12, 09:04 AM
- By ccsteehee in forum PlayBook Android App SideloadingReplies: 14Last Post: 04-15-12, 07:06 PM
- By daniel200 in forum PlayBook Android App SideloadingReplies: 3Last Post: 02-06-12, 08:31 PM