RedPhone and Textsecure
I attempted to sideload both of these apps, which i would really like to have working and both of them crash when attempting to move past the initial screen.
Can anyone get these to work? I need these apps or ill have to grab an extra android phone so i can use these two particular apps on certain occasions.
Here are the BAR files i made, using the pb converter.
Thanks for any help.
I am sure people in the community would love to have these working.
I used the playbook converter online. Using 10.1.0.4200
I am not a dev. I tried to install the Blackberry AIR SDK in order to get debug tokens for over an hour and never got anywhere.
No clue what the unlocked runtime/debug method are you're mentioning. Ill try to figure out though.
I tried the same BAR's on 10.2 with no success.
Anyone want to take a crack at this? I would think the demand would be strong for these apps as BB is normally equated with security. With open source code and true end-end encryption these are the best free solutions on the market. Really would like to not have to go buy an android, flash a more secure rom and have two devices.
- 02-26-2014, 10:27 AM #8
Port an Android APK to Blackberry QNX (10.2) | mbrownnyc.
During testing in the simulator, due to Whisper System's use of Speex as well as other NATIVE libraries, neither app is supported straight. I've tweeted Whisper Systems and am awaiting a reply, but I would not think that they care very much about Blackberry.
I've tweeted them and am awaiting a reply.
Last edited by branded; 02-26-2014 at 11:31 AM.
- By mystic84 in forum BlackBerry 10 OSReplies: 12Last Post: 03-20-2014, 01:10 PM
- By mohddippa in forum BlackBerry Z30Replies: 11Last Post: 10-11-2013, 04:35 AM
- By slapthatfrog in forum Developers LoungeReplies: 12Last Post: 10-06-2013, 05:56 PM
- By slapthatfrog in forum BBM ChannelsReplies: 2Last Post: 09-30-2013, 06:54 AM
- By paula jacob in forum BlackBerry Torch 9800Replies: 2Last Post: 09-27-2013, 09:26 AM