Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 15 of 15
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By pvphooman
  1. EauRouge's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,296 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,683 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default OS 10.2.0.424 and sideloading Instagram

    Currently I have 4.0.2 on 10.1... I'm sure a lot of people do. With the new OS being released in the UK and in Canada today, I'm sure there will be a lot of questions coming on how to get instagram working on this OS.

    Can you guys help me compile a list of how to do this?

    1. Use debug token. Any android app will essentially.

    2. The double sideload method. The last working version (3.4.4) log in, the sideload 4.2.1 ontop of it

    3. Installed the "newest unlocked runtime" and it should work well. Side-effect, you won't be able to hide the android "bar" at the bottom
    Im still downloading the update. Can anyone confirm?
    Last edited by EauRouge; 10-23-13 at 01:35 PM.
  2. onmyown's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    550 Posts
    Global Posts
    579 Global Posts
    PIN
    334C51AC
    #2  

    Default

    You will still be able to sideload working version of instagram. People have it working on multiple leaked versions of 10.2. Head over to the sideload forums and grab the bar file.
    My BBM Channel C00050D65

    Posted with my ZEE 30 - OS 10.2.1.1259
  3. jaydee5799's Avatar

    Posts
    81,002 Posts
    Global Posts
    81,043 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me please
    #3  

    Default

    I have 10.2.0.1725 and i added the newest unlocked runtime.
    All you will have to do probably is sideload instagram.
    That's all I did and it works.
    HTTR FOREVER I'll Always Be Ramblin' in Rehab: Where the real Bold addicts are!
    Z30STA100-3/10.3.1.2726 on VZW
    How to Load an OS Using Autoloader|Backup and Restore Using BB Link
    How to Sideload Android Apps to Your BB10 device|How To Upgrade Your OS with Sachesi
  4. EauRouge's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,296 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,683 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by onmyown View Post
    You will still be able to sideload working version of instagram. People have it working on multiple leaked versions of 10.2. Head over to the sideload forums and grab the bar file.
    Yes but many of them have also installed leaked runtimes. I'm trying to sort out which versions will work with this official OS
  5. onmyown's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    550 Posts
    Global Posts
    579 Global Posts
    PIN
    334C51AC
    #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EauRouge View Post
    Yes but many of them have also installed leaked runtimes. I'm trying to sort out which versions will work with this official OS
    Installing the leaked runtime takes about 5 more minutes, maybe..

    YOU GOT THIS!
    My BBM Channel C00050D65

    Posted with my ZEE 30 - OS 10.2.1.1259
  6. CiaranUtting's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    21 Posts
    #6  

    Default

    Since I downloaded the (brilliant) 10.2 officially, my sideloaded Instagram has stopped working, with a "not recognising camera" message.
  7. onmyown's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    550 Posts
    Global Posts
    579 Global Posts
    PIN
    334C51AC
    #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CiaranUtting View Post
    Since I downloaded the (brilliant) 10.2 officially, my sideloaded Instagram has stopped working, with a "not recognising camera" message.
    Two things, are you using the unlocked runtime and/ or did you reload your sideloaded apps after update?
    My BBM Channel C00050D65

    Posted with my ZEE 30 - OS 10.2.1.1259
  8. CiaranUtting's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    21 Posts
    #8  

    Default

    Just sideloaded the newest 4.1.2 Instagram (using the two bar method with 3.4.4) and it's working fine again. It even lets me select video camera now, although it still won't let me record with it!
    Thanked by:
    EauRouge (10-23-13) 
  9. EauRouge's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,296 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,683 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CiaranUtting View Post
    Just sideloaded the newest 4.1.2 Instagram (using the two bar method with 3.4.4) and it's working fine again. It even lets me select video camera now, although it still won't let me record with it!
    I'm trying to do that and its not working. Gah I should have just left well enough alone with 4.0.2
  10. pvphooman's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,604 Posts
    #10  

    Default

    All unlocked runtimes are from a leaked version. All official OS releases to date have locked android runtimes.
    10.2.0.424 = 10.2.0.1791
    First# is software version, second number is OS version. I know it's confusing.
    STL3 1791 hybrid w/10.2.1 bars
    -aBBuser
    joejuck likes this.
  11. jrwagh333's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    214 Posts
    #11  

    Default

    I can record now on 10.2 but when info to upload, Instagram just crashes and closes.

    Posted via CB10
  12. oturo's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    12 Posts
    #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pvphooman View Post
    All unlocked runtimes are from a leaked version. All official OS releases to date have locked android runtimes.
    10.2.0.424 = 10.2.0.1791
    First# is software version, second number is OS version. I know it's confusing.
    STL3 1791 hybrid w/10.2.1 bars
    Is there a way then to get the unlocked runtime? And if so, where can I find it? I put the 810 runtime on, but that didn't work.
  13. airmo's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    146 Posts
    #13  

    Default

    here is instagram 4.2!!!!!!

    https://app.box.com/s/gyb7egxq09tuv8r1wlh0
    Channel Pin: C00082E59
    Z10
  14. geenaxion's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    858 Posts
    #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oturo View Post
    Is there a way then to get the unlocked runtime? And if so, where can I find it? I put the 810 runtime on, but that didn't work.
    BerryLeaks Presents: Leaked Unlocked Android Runtime

    No problem running this unlocked runtime.

    Keepin' it Chill Z10
  15. jean11011's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    70 Posts
    #15  

    Default

    Had the same experience with Instagram not responding after updating to the official OS 10.2, but I got it to work using this method:

    Uninstall all Instagram apps on your phone > Re-install the old Instagram bar file (version 3.4.4) > do not run this app, instead hide it in another folder on your homescreen > Install Instagram 4.2 > Done! It even lets me record a video now! =]

    Hope this works for you guys too!

Similar Threads

  1. Rogers 10.2 Z10, Android Apps not opening
    By battery in forum BlackBerry 10 OS
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 11-01-13, 02:15 PM
  2. Passwords and notifications
    By PFman in forum BBM on Android
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-24-13, 11:43 AM
  3. Can't install 10.2.0.424 (1GB Update)
    By PassConsult in forum BlackBerry 10 OS
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-23-13, 02:29 PM
  4. 10.2.0.424 on O2 in UK
    By Saxacat in forum BlackBerry Z10
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-23-13, 01:15 PM

Posting Permissions