Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default NEED Viper SmartStart App

If someone can get the Viper SmartStart App to work on BB10 I'm working on a little bonus from Viper to whoever can get it going.
    Storm, Storm 2, Torch 9800, Torch 9860, Black Z10 all on Telus
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    27FEAC60

I also could use the Viper SmartStart app to work on BB10. If there is anyone who can get it ported or even just the android .bar converted and working it would be greatly appreciated.
    CrackBerry User

Would love this too. Sent them an email in November 2012, asking if they planned an update
    They said no. Don't understand why they don't.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry User

The supposed ease of porting over the Android app, and the factor of consumers paying $700 (alarm & smart start) for their product, which in their advertising print says it supports BlackBerry. As a business model, how much more time would viper have to invest to make it work for z10, or even a updated version for 7.1 Os devices. When I bought the alarm, it was because the company says it supports BlackBerry phones. When I got their response, I wanted to take my car back, and have the install shop rip everything out. Only because the shop owner who was going to the consumer electronics show in Vegas, and would be able to speak to someone about this, I waited. Viper could be having a happy consumer promote their product to everyone I know(and quite a few have BlackBerry's). Instead I am wishing I waited, or looked into compu-star. A lot of my coworkers want the z10, but just have to wait for their contract to be up. My three year just ended, so it was perfect timing. Considering how consumers listen to people who have purchased products, and seek out their opinion of said purchase, why would I promote viper? Does not matter which phone they have, it's standing behind their product. An acceptable return on investment is 3 dollars for every 1 dollar of cost. With original purchase, and yearly subscription cost to for smart start, it should be pretty easy to factor. Hopefully with the USA launch, then there will be an update.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    27FEAC60

I have contacted them multiple times and it's no use. I was able to get the old version working on 7.1 on my 9900 but it was sketchy and the screen image sucked, but all I care about is starting my damn car! This is such bull that they say they support Blackberry but won't port their app over from Android to BB10! I am not a developer but how hard can this actually be? If I were a developer I would take fliguy up on his offer and get it ported over. I myself would pay for the ported app as long as it worked. Once my 3 years is done with Viper I won't be re-upping, I will tear it out and have something else put in.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    27FEAC60

What cracks me up even more is that wasn't Directed a Canadian company to begin with?
    CrackBerry Newbie

I am also very interested in this application!
    CrackBerry User

I really wish this app would work on our new phones too, even an Android port would be nice. I hate having to carry an extra fob in my pocket after paying $800+ for this system. This is the answer I received when I emailed Viper Smartstart about getting an app on Blackberry 10:

Hello,
    Unfortunately we do not have any plans at this time to build an OS10 app. However, we will continue to monitor the market and if it appears that it would be beneficial to build one or allow the Android app to be ported, we will re-evaluate the situation at that time.
    Regards,
    rob potts | consumer support manager
    one viper way, vista, ca 92081
    rob.potts@directed.com
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    Ask and you MAY receive

I'd be willing to pay as well. My vehicle is entered in a few car
    shows each summer and up to this point, I've raved about my SmartStart system.
    Between the issues I've had (multiple defective modules) and the annual fee and they wont at least PORT the Android app over?
    Absolutely ridiculous. My keyfob doesn't work anymore so if I want to use my
    alarm/remote start I have to use my 9900. Now they won't support 7.+
    andBB10?
    Can't wait to hit the car shows this summer. I'll make it my goal to drive any business I can away from them due to their
    lack of support since they claim to support BlackBerry when they mean to say OS 6.+ and earlier.
    Best part is, they want me to renew in 3 months lol.
    Sure, I'll stick with a phone I don't want just so I can have the priviledge
    of using your app which I've paid clsoe to $1000 when it's all said and
    done. If an app isn't out shortly, I'll rip it out and give it away on Kijiji for free.
    **** you, Directed.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    27FEAC60

That sounds like a great idea fliguy! The crackberry nation has 13,000,000 readers and I can only imagine that there are several that have the Viper SmartStart system or would get it if they knew there was an app for the Blackberry to support it. My wife, who is not a viewer, also has the SmartStart system so there are I'm sure even more who aren't crackberry viewers!
    CrackBerry User

Hopefully with the u.s launch, it might change. Even though it is a world wide used product, all things depend on domestic market share. Funny thing , is not only is my consumer loyalty towards viper disappearing, so is the car audio shop that sold me the system. Something viper may not realize, is for those who like to spend money on their cars, and attend car shows, in clubs, word of mouth advertising is what drives the market
    Considering how often people change phones, and not cars. Should be a no-brainer for something that should be simple to do.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry User

Maybe a petition?

Sent you an email, Dale!
    CrackBerry Newbie

I have an APK file for this app...Not sure if anyone needs it to convert. I tried the APK-Bar converter site...but I get a CRC error when sideloading on to my device.
    I will be happy to test if anyone converts this!
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    27FEAC60

Quote Originally Posted by Josh S1 View Post
    Hopefully with the u.s launch, it might change. Even though it is a world wide used product, all things depend on domestic market share. Funny thing , is not only is my consumer loyalty towards viper disappearing, so is the car audio shop that sold me the system. Something viper may not realize, is for those who like to spend money on their cars, and attend car shows, in clubs, word of mouth advertising is what drives the market
    Considering how often people change phones, and not cars. Should be a no-brainer for something that should be simple to do.

Posted via CB10
    I know, I used to tell everyone about the Viper SmartStart when we first got it installed. Now, I will actively be campaigning against their product since all they have offered me is grief and no after-sale product support for something they said they would support.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Torgrimson View Post
    I have an APK file for this app...Not sure if anyone needs it to convert. I tried the APK-Bar converter site...but I get a CRC error when sideloading on to my device.
    I will be happy to test if anyone converts this!
    I will also be happy to test any conversion of this app on my Z10 with our car, just shoot me a PM or e-mail.
    CrackBerry User

Can you send me the apk file it might work now with the new os support for jelly bean on Z10
    CrackBerry Addict

Tried the new Viper app but shuts down after agreeing with the terms
    CrackBerry User

No I don't mean new viper app but new z10 support for android apps on release 10.0.10.88

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry User

Ya...shutsdown after agreeing with terms.

Got my Z10 yesterday and all I can say is I have a handful of AMAZING when I'm using it.

Viper NEEDS to port this thing...so f'n messed up not to.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I found some PHP code that works. But need a better dev than me to take a look at it.

However I got it to work... basically I can open my car from any browser.

Should be very easy to create a app with that code to do the basics of starting arm disarm pop trunk.

Any dev wanna take a look?
    CrackBerry Abuser

[APP][2.2+] My Car: Start car with voice/Vlingo/Viper/schedule based on temp/location - xda-developers

Or here My Car: Start car with voice/Vlingo/Viper/schedule based on temp/location

I set it up on my server and can now start my car arm disarm panic trunk pop from any browser.

Hope this. Can help some1
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    672 Global Posts

The app probably wouldn't work anyway, though you can convert it to an bar file your self.
    CrackBerry Newbie

+1 lets get this working. I was at least able to use the old OS6 version on my 9930. I need this app for summer, a cold car is a must have!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Exclamation Need Viper for BlackBerry Z10

I'm extremely disappointed that there is no app yet for the BlackBerry Q10 I bought the viper and it worked then on my BlackBerry. I paid close to $800 to get this installed and why wouldn't you satisfy your existing customers?? I get a new car every 3 years I have installed the viper in 2 of them. My car lease is up in less then 1 year and I will never buy your product again nor recommend it to anybody.*
    Bottom line you have a great product but don't give a crap about existing customers buying this updated BlackBerry Q10 or Z10 phone.*
    Customer service is what counts these days to stay in business.*
    Please consider making a app available asap.*

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network.
    CrackBerry Master

Any updates?

Posted via CB10 on Z10_10.1.0.4687
    CrackBerry Master

Needs android 4.2 which we will have in bb10 10.2 release

Posted via CB10 on Z10_10.1.0.4687
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast