Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mr_zed10
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default myfitnesspal or livestrong bar?

has anyone tried these apps for the Z10?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,611 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bizzyqu View Post
    has anyone tried these apps for the Z10?
    MFP doesn't have an app and I heard no port either.

The best would be to e-mail them and request an app.
    New York Yankees lovee.
    @eringaith
    instagram.com/erinmmg
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    Ask

I sent mfp an email a couple months back and they said if there was a demand for it they would consider making an app.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,125 Global Posts

I downloaded myfitnesspal for my bold, it's a fantastic app, the ONLY downside is, I'm STILL unfit, but that's more to do with me than the app lol

Posted via CB10
    ErinnM likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    258 Global Posts

The website worked really well for me from the PlayBook browser. I have since stop using the site but out of curiosity I fired it up on my Z10. Seems to work fairly well but I haven't spent alot of time so perhaps there is a glitch or two deeper into the site.

That's a bit of a problem. Apple has trained us with a crappy browser experience that we must have an App when in reality almost all of the websites I have tried (especially the mobile sites) work extremely well on the Z10. I read an article about this the other day and for the life of me I can't find it again. Basically Apple makes money on selling Apps. So why give the content away for free in a browser when you can make the browser incompatible with most websites forcing you to buy an App instead.
    7100t -> 7230 -> 7290 -> 8700r -> 8310 -> 8900 -> 8520 -> 9800 -> 9810 -> 9900 -> Z10 -> Nexus 4 (sigh)
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,611 Global Posts

I believe MFP will make an app eventually. They aren't stuckup about only staying with iPhone and Droid.
    New York Yankees lovee.
    @eringaith
    instagram.com/erinmmg
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,125 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ErinnM View Post
    I believe MFP will make an app eventually. They aren't stuckup about only staying with iPhone and Droid.
    This is what they said, they are well aware of the porting process and it appears they have looked in to it by giving it some serious thought, but it just may not be feasable for them to develop natively which I guess is fair enough from their point of view.

Hi,

Thank you for expressing your interest in a Blackberry 10 version of the MyFitnessPal app. RIM does provide a means for porting simple Android apps to the BlackBerry AppWorld. Unfortunately, due to its complexity, the MyFitnessPal app is not a candidate for this easy porting process. Therefore, the MyFitnessPal application, unfortunately will not be available for use with the Blackberry 10.

However, our program is always available via our website at Free Calorie Counter, Diet & Exercise Journal | MyFitnessPal.com. Just sign into the members log in area with the same username and password you currently use. Regardless of the device or how you access our program, if the program is available via app, tablet or website, then you should be able to access your account in all places with the same username and password.

Sorry we could not be of more help at this time. Please let us know if you have any other problems or questions. We wish you all the success in reaching and maintaining all of your diet and fitness goals.

All the best,
    Dave
    Myfitnesspal Staff