- CrackBerry Abuser
- 226 Posts
Kil messenger and notifications
I noticed that if you side load the Android version of kik messenger, even if you have the application closed, if a message is received it comes up as a notification and disappears once you open the message. This is amazing, so would this mean that kik messenger continues to run in the background even after its closed?
Note: i see no adverse affects on battery life whatsoever, whether the app is open or closed
Posted via CB10
- 03-13-2013, 06:49 PM #6
You can close the app, but the Dalvik VM will still be running, which probably means that the app will turn into a background process within the VM, hence the notifications.
Android apps never really close, or so I was led to believe. You need a task manager to really tell them to stop working. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.Quick Help BLACKBERRY HELP 101 | Direct load Android (APK) Apps : BB10 10.2.1|Sideloading apps: BB10/PlayBook | Update/Reload Software: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Debrick: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Backup 3rd Party Apps: BB7.1- - PlayBook & BB10: Just use BB Link | Battery Saving: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10
Got a question? firstname.lastname@example.org | My Apps: Papo GP | My Channel: Project Management BBM Channel
- 03-13-2013, 09:02 PM #7
Since running this version I don't get notifications until I reopen the app. The 22.214.171.124 version from goodereader does do notifications. I find that if you have a conversation going and it is idle for about a day it might not notify you until you re-open it, but this version doesn't seem to notify at all.
- By crackrunner in forum Native BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 12Last Post: 09-02-2010, 10:03 PM
- By blackberry_newbie151 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 4Last Post: 03-16-2009, 08:22 PM
- By naviwilliams in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 6Last Post: 01-30-2008, 06:08 PM
- By sparkins in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 2Last Post: 12-19-2007, 04:34 PM
- By jasperar in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 7Last Post: 08-09-2007, 05:52 PM