Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    697 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default [Help] DDPB unable to connect to Z10

So i've been trying the "how to" guide simon sage posted on the main page. I've installed the JRE and DDPB software, scan'd my ip, but when i try to connect it says "Error: Cannot connect: connection to https://<ip> refused. You may have to reboot the target"

I've already tried rebooting but it hasn't solved the problem. Any advice?
    Agatka Ali likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts

I have the same issue.
    Nokia 6265i>HTC Dream>Bold 9700>Torch 9800>Bold 9780>Galaxy SII>iPhone 4>Bold 9900>Galaxy SII LTE>Bold 9900>iPhone 5>BB Z10 OS v10.1.0.1970
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    697 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

app world is more lacking then i expected, and i needs ta scratch ma itch
    CrackBerry Abuser

Don't forget to put the password on the DDPB app which you selected when you entered development mode. Manually insert the IP which I believe by default is 169.254.0.1. Lastly, I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it but both my laptop and phone were connected to same wifi.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    697 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Quote Originally Posted by bixertec92 View Post
    Don't forget to put the password on the DDPB app which you selected when you entered development mode. Manually insert the IP which I believe by default is 169.254.0.1. Lastly, I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it but both my laptop and phone were connected to same wifi.
    i've put the password and manually inserted the ip. Even tried to change the ip, but same results.
    CrackBerry Abuser

You have connected through USB right and for good measure have Link installed?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    170 Global Posts

i am having a similar problem every time i try to connect i get the following error "java is not recognised as an internal or external command".
    evan though i have installed java runtime
    BlackBerry Phone and Share Holder By Choice.
    Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    55,694 Global Posts

Is your phone in developer mode?
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    the 50K CrackBerry challenge
    I'm no more qualified to say so because I own a BlackBerry
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts

I had the same issue. I am running Windows 8 x64, and if I run it in compatibility for Windows XP SP3, it connects.

You have to go to the root folder and right click DDPB.exe, choose properties, compatibility Tab and check box run this program in.......

I would recommend you run compatibility troubleshooter first though.
    Nokia 6265i>HTC Dream>Bold 9700>Torch 9800>Bold 9780>Galaxy SII>iPhone 4>Bold 9900>Galaxy SII LTE>Bold 9900>iPhone 5>BB Z10 OS v10.1.0.1970
    Thanked by 2:
    manuelw79 (03-23-2013),  mo83 (05-06-2013) 
    Knightcrawler likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    697 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

Quote Originally Posted by EECGeek View Post
    I had the same issue. I am running Windows 8 x64, and if I run it in compatibility for Windows XP SP3, it connects.

You have to go to the root folder and right click DDPB.exe, choose properties, compatibility Tab and check box run this program in.......

I would recommend you run compatibility troubleshooter first though.
    Kool i'll give that a try when i get home. Where is the compatibility troubleshooter?

To answer earlier queries, yes its connected through usb, Link is installed and the phone is in developer mode.

One curious thing though is that when i connect via usb, it maps it to 2 separate drives. So in windows explorer i have a "Y: Blackberry Z10" and a "Z:Blackberry z10"

Not sure why this is happening, but could this be causing the issue? Maybe my laptop is trying to connect to the wrong drive. I used my SD card to switch devices, so maybe one drive is for the Z10 and the other for my old 9900?

If the compatibility mode doesn't work i'll try to wipe the phone and do the switch via BB Link. Maybe that will do something.

Edit: On a side note, i tried sideloading to my PB last night and that worked just fine, so the issue is definitely on the device end i think.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Knightcrawler View Post
    Where is the compatibility troubleshooter?
    Same place as I stated earlier, but it is right above the check box for run in compatibility mode...... It's basically the first thing at the top of the compatibility tab.
    Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    55,694 Global Posts

My OS 7 phone shows 2 drives also. I think dm is on one of them so maybe link is on one of its drives that show up?
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    the 50K CrackBerry challenge
    I'm no more qualified to say so because I own a BlackBerry
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by elmit22 View Post
    i am having a similar problem every time i try to connect i get the following error "java is not recognised as an internal or external command".
    evan though i have installed java runtime
    I believe you need Java 7 update 10 minimum. I was on update 10 and it worked ok, but I updated to update 13 and also work s ok.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Make sure you have Blackberry Link installed and have rebooted your PC
    Last edited by saint613; 02-07-2013 at 09:16 PM.
    jasperlin likes this.
    CrackBerry Newbie

X2 , the drivers from blackberry link are required. For the java error message, Google the error message as it appears and one of the first few links is a YouTube video showing a quick fix.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    Thanked by:
    Mark Mulholland (05-15-2013) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,854 Global Posts

cant connect with DDPB either, but the chrome way works... i would just prefer ddpb.

any solution yet?
    ------------------------>LIST OF WORKING Android Apps for Z10/BB10 ---200 SO FAR!!! <------------------------
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    697 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #17  

i've tried using compatibility troubleshooter, and no change. Tried to wipe the device, even restarted my pc and still the same message. This is extremely annoying.

Im also having alot of trouble getting my pc to even recognize and map the connection. is anyone else having that issue? maybe i just have a defective usb port or something?

Had similar problems, I'm on Windows 8 64bit. What ended up working for me was downloading the 32 bit java runtime.
    Retired: 8703, 8130, 8330, 9630, 9800, 9900, PlayBook
    Current: Z10, Nexus 5, iPad mini retina, Nexus 7
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    493 Global Posts

Mine says "Error: Bar file does not exist or not a file I cannot read it: 208" wth is it on about?
    CrackBerry Abuser

This worked for me. Was getting the connection refused error all of the time. It didn't matter what I set the IP address to on the Z10 developer mode. Also scan from DDPB would provide the incorrect IP address. The only way to find the IP was to go to MAP NETWORK DRIVE from explorer. Use the IP address from the mapped Z: drive and it will connect.
    Thanked by:
    ruhban (02-11-2013) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    493 Global Posts

How would I do that?
    CrackBerry User

Default Same issue. This worked

Tried unsuccessfully to connect to Z10 in development mode using DDBP. No joy. Tried everything, believe me. I am using Windows 8. The following worked in the end and I successfully connected.
    Click on network in file explorer. You will see icons for connected entities click on the blackberry 7695 icon shown for the z10 plugged into the usb port. This invokes some kind of web server in the Z10. because Firefox opened displaying a blank page with "http://192.168.1.74:9000/" displayed in the page tab. I put this IP address into DDPB and it connected straight away. I was then able to get Kindle on my Z10.
    I think that there is a bug in the current Z10 O/S. It's USB port is not responding to the development mode IP address. I have no problems connecting the Playbook to DDBP. I guess Blackberry will fix this sometime in an O/S update. Meantime this worked for me. You still need to select development mode but have to use a different IP address for DDBP to connect. Hope this helps.
    Thanked by:
    JujuDHighlands (04-08-2013) 
    JujuDHighlands likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jaycee43 View Post
    Tried unsuccessfully to connect to Z10 in development mode using DDBP. No joy. Tried everything, believe me. I am using Windows 8. The following worked in the end and I successfully connected.
    Click on network in file explorer. You will see icons for connected entities click on the blackberry 7695 icon shown for the z10 plugged into the usb port. This invokes some kind of web server in the Z10. because Firefox opened displaying a blank page with "http://192.168.1.74:9000/" displayed in the page tab. I put this IP address into DDPB and it connected straight away. I was then able to get Kindle on my Z10.
    I think that there is a bug in the current Z10 O/S. It's USB port is not responding to the development mode IP address. I have no problems connecting the Playbook to DDBP. I guess Blackberry will fix this sometime in an O/S update. Meantime this worked for me. You still need to select development mode but have to use a different IP address for DDBP to connect. Hope this helps.
    Do you have BB Link installed?
    CrackBerry User

Default BB Link

I have BB link installed but I disabled autoload so it was not invoked when Z10 plugged into USB. Don't think it was involved in any way in DDBP connection once I had discovered the development mode IP address that responded. Don't think you need BB link or the link drivers to talk to DDPB.
    ( Incidently I think BB link is the dumbest desktop phone management app that Blackberry have devised to date.)
    CrackBerry Newbie

Not sure if this is relevant but I was experiencing the same issue on windows 8. Disabled all the windows firewalls and it connected fine, re enabled after apps were loaded. Give it a go.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast