| || |
| | 02-10-13, 06:50 PM Thread Author #1
Converted Android App Repository
Update: due to 10.2.1 enabling on device apk installation, the increase of compatible apks, and also due to users regularly deleting all the apks from this folder, the usefulness of this repository is essentially 0 at this time. Therefore, I am closing it down. I really using the Amazon App Store and Snap to get Android apps.
I decided to create a repository for converted Android Apps.
This repository is not for requesting conversions, or for uploading .apks. This thread is not for requesting conversion or uploading .apks. The purpose of this is only to post apps that have already been packaged as .bars so they will run on BlackBerry 10.
I used box to do it, because a lot of BlackBerry owners have a free 50gb account with Box and, lets be honest, have used very little of it.
So if you want to join the repository, just click the link at the end of the post.
If you get an error like is shown in the second post, try using a different web browser.
If you don't have a Box account, here's a link to get you an extra 10gb if you have a BlackBerry 10 device: http://www.box.com/bb10
In order to prevent chaos, the following rules must be followed (I WILL NOT HESITATE to kick people out of the repository, or delete it if things get out of hand.
1. ABSOLUTELY UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES upload any paid apps! This is not negotiable. This includes apps that you yourself have made. If it's paid, don't upload it. If you upload a paid app, the first time I'll contact you and let you know to be more careful. If it happens a second time, YOU WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE FOLDER. If uploading of paid apps gets to be a problem I will delete the shared folder immediately. I will be keeping an eye on this; this isn't some DMCA, if the owner contacts me I'll get around to taking it down. Seriously. Do not upload paid apps.
2. Further, do not upload anything that you do not have permission to upload.
3. NAMING. This is important to me to maintain some order and make sure that the first rule is upheld. Before uploading a .bar, rename it to the following:
(Name Of App shown in the App Store you got it from) (Date the app was downloaded in MMDDYY format).
Example: If I posted the official Android Twitter Client, which had been downloaded today, it would be named:
4. TESTING - before you upload anything, test it to be sure that it works.
5. DELETING OLD .BARS - Do not delete anything unless 1) you uploaded it, or 2) you notice that it's a paid app.
6. NEW/OLD VERSIONS - Do not upload an app if a newer version exists (that's what the date in the name is for). I'll occasionally be going through and deleting old versions to keep things clean. Do not delete an older version of an app unless you uploaded the older version AND the newer version.
If you're willing to follow those rules, you can join the box folder by clicking: https://www.box.com/signup/collablin.../783760fe15903 FROM A DESKTOP PC.
Or if the link isn't working for you, send me the email address you use for Box and I'll manually add you.
If you just want to view the folder, you can view it by going to https://www.box.com/bb10apks.