Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By ami.one
  • 1 Post By Teechop
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Call Recording App on Z10 - 100% working..

After trying out numerous useless call recording apps, I can confirm that this Android app, converted to a BAR works perfectly for me on Z10 (STL-001).

- It records both sides of the conversation WITHOUT SPEAKERPHONE. It uses 'line' for recoding.
    - It records all calls automatically if you enable that.
    - Has various options for quality/auto delete old recordings etc.

It's a free app so I am attaching a BAR file here. polis.app.callrecorder_v1.0.24.0--WORKS.zip
    I have converted it from PlayBook .apk to .bar converter and not done anything else.

I bought the pro version just to show my support to the developer (because this is the 1st call recording app which works for me either on Z10 or on Nexus). Otherwise you can use the free version as it has most required features.

1. Before someone starts off on the "Legality of recording Apps" please don't. I don't know from where that meme started. It has absolutely no basis. Take you discussion in some other post. Or ban Kitchen Knives and Hockey Sticks first. Read my views here

2. And before some people say it doesn't work for them, please believe me it works for me and i have been looking for such app since ages so I really wouldn't want to waste your time like mine was wasted with countless apps which never worked for me. See what trouble people are taking to get proper call recording working - here
    I can upload a call recording if you want. Or maybe you want it accompanied by an unedited video of me taking that call ..
    Last edited by ami.one; 05-09-2013 at 01:50 AM.
    Thanked by 5:
    andresp (05-13-2013),  BB_makes_it_happen (12-23-2013),  KporalBoyQ10 (08-21-2013),  smartbuddy (08-19-2013),  sushistew (05-12-2013) 
    CrackBerry Genius

I had this working prior to upgrading to OS10.1

It was working using "line" as a source, no speakerphone required. I was under the impression BlackBerry had closed off access to "phone line" specifically to prevent apps like this from working, but somehow this app was working.

Now that I've updated to 10.1 it isn't recording any more, so perhaps they patched whatever hole that allowed this to work.

It's unfortunate. BlackBerry shouldn't be blocking this access because it's illegal in some places. In Canada, as long as one party knows that the call is being recorded, it can be recorded.

I would find a feature like this handy as I have a record of what was discussed in the conversation for future reference.
    BlackBerry Z10 on Bell Canada
    OS 10.2.android
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

That's really sad. I just got the upgrade notification for 10.1 today. Let me try if its the same on mine.

I may even downgrade back to 10.0 if it doesn't work. I too like having call records for future reference.

Most surprising part is that this app records all calls even when its not running (not even minimized as an active frame) !
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,183 Global Posts

I'm interested in your results after updating.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

OK, I updated to 10.1.273 and after a couple of scares (took 20 minutes for 1st boot; then call recorder kept showing a white screen) Call recorder works as before for me EXCEPT that the other person's voice is a Little weak on 'Line". But completely usable. And if you select "Opponent (sic) Voice " then its louder.

It didn't work 1st time. So I switched off & on the auto recording button (top left) and closed/started 1-2 times and tried these various settings for input (ie line, mic, oppononent voice etc)

Records automatically even if the app is not running as an active tile etc. See if higher recording quality works for you. Also try 2-3 call. After a fresh update many apps are misbehaving but settle down after a couple of uses.
    CrackBerry User

Hi I tried this app but it is no tworking for me. I am very keen to get it going but it records for about 2 seconds at the start of the call but then cuts out, any ideas on what the problem could be. I am using a STL100-2.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I'd like to try this app, but when I try to sideload it, vnBB10 returns an error, see the screenshot. DDPB doesn't complain, but the app doesn't seem to actually install on the device.
    Call Recording App on Z10 - 100% working..-callrecorder.png
    Anyone else having issues installing this app?
    Also could you please post the link from Google Play for this app, I'd like to see exactly which one we're talking about.

Thanks
    Apps you want on BB10? Check the contact info below and let them know there is demand!
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ng-out-781831/
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

^ Google play link is in the first line of the first post - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...recorder&hl=en
    Try converting to a bar again from PlayBook .apk to .bar converter and installing with vnBB again. I have faced such errors in vnBB sometimes with other apps and sometimes they install fine on trying again.

^^ It works fine on STL-001. I would recommend you try the options for recording source as: "line" and "opponent voice"
    Also, there's no need to keep the app running as a live tile. Just switch on recording from top left button and then you can close the app. Make a test call and then open the app again and click on the recording to check playback.
    CrackBerry Newbie

What settings are you using? I've been one of those that have been trying to get xll recording to work and have had to utilize my main business line on my jail broken iphone just because of this. I tried the app again after seeing this post and have taken the troubleshooting steps mentioned but I still cannot get this to work. Any help would be appreciated. I'm on an unlocked STL-3. Thanks.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

Before the 10.1 update I was using "Line", but after the 10.1 update I find that using line results in the other person's voice being quite faint so I am using "opponent voice" setting which works fine for me on stl-1.

Other settings aren't really important i think but I have it set on medium quality and 3gpp format recording and delete recordings after 2 weeks.

Maybe there's some thing different in stl-3. If this doesn't work on any settings try the 2-3 other recording apps mentioned in various threads here or try the rimweb.in thread mentioned in my original post.
    CrackBerry Addict

Loaded it on my Verizon Q10, and didn't work no matter what settings I selected. It DID record for the length of the call, but there was no audio on either side of the call. Not sure what to try next, I'd really like this to work.
    Twitter.com/K9Carly
    CrackBerry Newbie

Sideloaded it on my Z10 STL100-3 using sachas method of debug token. After not working in whatever settings it finally started working using "opponents voice" and stereo with .mp4 format. when I switched to the other format it stopped working for a while. If you are having problems with the app not recording at all (audio file only about 3 - 4 secs) or only recording your own voice, I advise you to try out all different settings combinations. Also switch the function on and off a couple of times after each settings change.
    Mine is working even when I use my headset (plug in, haven't tried bluetooth yet) which shows that it definitely picks up the incoming voice internally and not simply records thru the mic

Have fun
    ami.one likes this.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I have clicked on your link and downloaded the file but my BlackBerry Z10 tells me it cannot open the file. Could you advise in detail how to go about doing that since I'm not at all tech savvy.

Quote Originally Posted by ami.one View Post
    After trying out numerous useless call recording apps, I can confirm that this Android app, converted to a BAR works perfectly for me on Z10 (STL-001).

- It records both sides of the conversation WITHOUT SPEAKERPHONE. It uses 'line' for recoding.

It's a free app so I am attaching a BAR file here. polis.app.callrecorder_v1.0.24.0--WORKS.zip
    I have converted it from PlayBook .apk to .bar converter and not done anything else.

I bought the pro version just to show my support to the developer (because this is the 1st call recording app which works for me either on Z10 or on Nexus). Otherwise you can use the free version as it has most required features.

1. Before someone starts off on the "Legality of recording Apps" please don't. I don't know from where that meme started. It has absolutely no basis. Take you discussion in some other post. Or ban Kitchen Knives and Hockey Sticks first. Read my views here

2. And before some people say it doesn't work for them, please believe me it works for me and i have been looking for such app since ages so I really wouldn't want to waste your time like mine was wasted with countless apps which never worked for me. See what trouble people are taking to get proper call recording working - here
    I can upload a call recording if you want. Or maybe you want it accompanied by an unedited video of me taking that call ..
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  

You need to side load it to your Z10.
    Here's the link to one of the forum topics on Sideloading:

I am summarizing the steps below for your convenience:

1. Enable Debug Mode on your Z10: Go to Settings > Security & Privacy > Development Mode.
    Once there enable development mode. If you use a device password enter it now. If you do not it'll ask you to create one.

2. Now you need to download any ONE of the side loading tools:
    You can download DDPB from here

OR if you use Chrome browser then add the Playbook App Manager extension -- this is probably the easiest for you.

OR use this BB Sideloading tool (direct download link)
    I use Sachesi as it can do some more advanced things.

3. Now connect your Z10 to your PC/Laptop and run one of the sideloading tools above. You will have to enter the IP 169.254.0.1 if it is not already shown. Then enter your password that you had set in step 1 above.

4. Click Install/Add or some such button on the sideloading tool and browse to select the BAR file you have downloaded and then click install.

5. Check on your Z10, the app should appear in one of the tabs and you can run it normally.

This is the process to install any BAR file. To convert an APK file to BAR, you can use the apk2bar website above. (you can also convert them yourselves by generating a debug token first - see the forum section 'android apps'
    CrackBerry Master

Is this app still working with 10.1 MR update?
    Dear BlackBerry,
    UPGRADE existing users to BB 10. Don't want to price devices too low? Start a 'trade-up' program. Let existing BB users exchange their old (even non-working) devices for new BB10. Eg: Old BlackBerry + $250 = Z10 This way, you won't have to officially lower your MSRP.

IMPLEMENT requests in order (most requested to least): http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...50/index9.html
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #16  

Yes, its working on the MR release. Also working on 10.2.0.1047 and 10.1.0.4xxx
    Thanked by:
    chrysaurora (08-24-2013) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #17  

One of my friends is using this native app - Call Recorder and says it records from line (ie without requiring speakerphone mode). It's a paid app but only $2.
    Am going to try it and update here. Advantage over the call record apk/bar is that this one shows contact names in the recorded calls list.
    The description mentions that call record quality will be better if speakerphone is on so I was a little put off and never tried it (specially since there's no free/demo/trial version).
    CrackBerry Newbie

Hallo thanks for the post, but where is the recorded phone call saved?
    CrackBerry Abuser

working for me (Pro version) on 10.2.1.1055 only issue i see is that this app can't take the phone number of the call received/calling says "unknown" for all calls and all of the calls are marked with an arrow of out call (even received call) ...

overall, it work and also as service/headless so thats nice..
    just make sure to click on the settings and change the format to MPEG
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default polis.app.callrecorder_v1.0.24.0--WORKS.zip

I'm trying to find a recording app that doesn't require using the speaker on my Z10 and it sounds like you found one but I can't figure out how to get to a download. can you pass along a link and the name of the app people in case the link doesn't work?

I tried this link but it brings me back to the main Crackberry page - polis.app.callrecorder_v1.0.24.0--WORKS.zip

thanks - John
    pm2@centuryelectricnj.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #21  

You can download from the attachment in this post. This is a bar file (apk converted to bar) for sideloading.
    polis.app.callrecorder_v1.0.24.0--WORKS.zip

However, in case you are on any 10.2.1.xx OS, then you can directly install the APK without any need of side loading. Just install SNAP or any android market and search for call recorder and install it.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Exclamation stl 100-1 10.0.10.261 call rec not working help pls

Hello Ami.One,

I have just bought my new Z10 STL-100-1 which is running 10.0.10.261
    however, when i tried sideloading this call recording app it gets installed but it doesnt record anything.
    i tried all the options for the sound quality, as well as the "line" as well as "mic" but it keeps saying call recording is running but nothing is recorded.
    also, where are the recorded files saved.

do i need to update the OS to 10.1.xyz?
    or 10.2.xyz ?

please help, i am having stl-100-1 with 10.0.10.261
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by ami.one View Post

CrackBerry Newbie

Can't open ur link. Please mail me the link.
    CrackBerry Newbie

It's unable to open. Pls revert

Posted via CB10