Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default 4.2.2 Jellybean Bars?

With the advent of 4.2.2 Jellybean within the leaked 10.2 OS versions, howzabout some Jellybean-exclusive converted apps for those of us without Android devices? URLs would be lovely. Thanks.
    Thanked by:
    willm (07-29-2013) 

Global Posts
    3,575 Global Posts
    PIN
    24BF22A0

That would be nice.. jelly bean apps are proving much harder to get, as all of our current methods for accessing Google play require a device ID from bluestacks, which only offers up a ginger bread ID.

RIM 950 .... Blackberry Z10 (STL100-3 on hybrid OS 10.3.0.1418/misc) and everything in between + Playbook 32GB Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition
    CrackBerry Abuser

Great idea....
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    199 Global Posts
    PIN
    T of Double IPA, Please!

This is right along the lines of what I was thinking; but I'm also wondering how many apps that previously didn't work now might. I saw one post about 10.2.810 that said the elusive (and paid so it won't land here) photozhopTouch was working, which never side-loaded on the PB.
    Crack-a-lackin' since '08
    8130 > 9530 > 9850+PB16 > Z10+PB64
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,261 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by just_luc View Post
    That would be nice.. jelly bean apps are proving much harder to get, as all of our current methods for accessing Google play require a device ID from bluestacks, which only offers up a ginger bread ID.
    Remember that our BB10 devices have android player, which simply means that the android player has its own device ID. So if you want a jellybean device ID, then install OS 10.2, then sideload a device ID app and retrieve the device ID. Though, I don't know what device Google playstores would think your device is after applying such device ID. I'd have tried it myself, but I'm an STL 1 user, so for now no 10.2 for me. But you guys with 10.2 can try it out and report back your findings.

After testing a few Device ID apps from playstores, this one was able to retrieve my Z10 device ID https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...deviceid&hl=en
    Download and convert it to a bar.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z10
    Thanked by:
    bluetroll (07-30-2013) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,261 Global Posts

this is the converted device ID app here Android Device ID
    CrackBerry Genius

Almost all the apps we have on our store are jellybean compliant, and you can simply use our APK TO BAR convertor to load them in. If you guys want to make a list of all the apps that work on the convertor, i will add them to the main store.
    The Good e-Reader App Store is your #1 online Destination for BB10, Android and Playbook Apps! We currently have over 4500 Blackberry apps and 47,000 Android Apps! Our new client will work with the new leaked firmware. Download it today or visit http://apps.goodereader.com

Global Posts
    3,575 Global Posts
    PIN
    24BF22A0

Quote Originally Posted by kozmonaut View Post
    Almost all the apps we have on our store are jellybean compliant, and you can simply use our APK TO BAR convertor to load them in. If you guys want to make a list of all the apps that work on the convertor, i will add them to the main store.
    Hi Koz, the idea is not to get the apps that are jelly bean compliant.. almost everything is. What folks are having a hard time getting their hands on are apps that are jelly bean only. A lot of apps in google play have a version number that "varies by device" and if you enter a device ID for a jelly bean device you get a different version of the app then if you downloaded it with a gingerbread ID. Both will work on jelly bean, but the jelly bean only version has new features, a new UI etc..

RIM 950 .... Blackberry Z10 (STL100-3 on hybrid OS 10.3.0.1418/misc) and everything in between + Playbook 32GB Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

Quote Originally Posted by kozmonaut View Post
    Indeed, and thanks to you for your efforts and updates. I'm wondering what the 4.2.2 magic is about besides smoother function, but I'm not complaining.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Genius

Well our Tablet and Phone we use to download apps from Google Play, both have Jellybean. So any app we download, if it was optimized for jellybean, this is what we upload to our main store. So if any new app or updated app is designed for jellybean or is also backwards compatible, thats what we upload.
    The Good e-Reader App Store is your #1 online Destination for BB10, Android and Playbook Apps! We currently have over 4500 Blackberry apps and 47,000 Android Apps! Our new client will work with the new leaked firmware. Download it today or visit http://apps.goodereader.com
    Thanked by:
    orgonebox (07-31-2013)