Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By CrownIsle
  • 1 Post By big bb
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    701 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default What apps do you need?

With Blackberry 10 just around the corner and plenty of free time despite my thesis project, I would like to learn more about Blackberry 10 + Cascades.

Info about me: waiting for approval on a Tennis Tracker application. I included as much as I could such as simply logic to hide data, enabling buttons for data integrity, top menu for always-access help, context menus for deleting/resetting data, and of course, SQLite. A little known app called Train Your Spanish was developed on Android specifically for Playbook, but I have since removed it because a) I lost my keys and b) I wish to port it all over to Cascades. Should be easier since the 1300+ definitions are already in a database!

I'm a practical man, so creating another Twitter app is pointless. My skills are not too extensive, so OpenGL and pure Native code are not going to be used.

One important thing to note is that if I use any of your ideas, then I would, of course, give special thanks in the app. It will also be free. Why free? It's a resume builder for me.

A BB10 version of MyDimmer LOL
    Unlocked Rogers Z10 STL100-3 10.2.1.2947 / Unlocked Bell Q10 SQN100-1 10.2.1.2947
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    701 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Lendo78 View Post
    A BB10 version of MyDimmer LOL
    You don't need that. Bed-side mode in the Blackberry 10 clock app dims it down to pretty much nothing and turns the dial red. It also slowly lights up to wake you up naturally .
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    24EF8E5A

Pattern Lock.
    Tip Calculator.
    Photo Editor Ultimate.

Will there be anything like PinShare or any other sort of social gps apps to share BB Pins?
    "Do not boast old woman, your death sits in that cage."
    PIN- 24EF8E5A
    schmeat likes this.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default color coded calendar

Going back to the Palm days, the ability to categorize your calendar by type of appt. used to use Calendar Pro and they (SBSH Software) no longer support the calendar app. And no creating a google calendar is not happening.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    396 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheStoof View Post
    With Blackberry 10 just around the corner and plenty of free time despite my thesis project, I would like to learn more about Blackberry 10 + Cascades.

Info about me: waiting for approval on a Tennis Tracker application. I included as much as I could such as simply logic to hide data, enabling buttons for data integrity, top menu for always-access help, context menus for deleting/resetting data, and of course, SQLite. A little known app called Train Your Spanish was developed on Android specifically for Playbook, but I have since removed it because a) I lost my keys and b) I wish to port it all over to Cascades. Should be easier since the 1300+ definitions are already in a database!

I'm a practical man, so creating another Twitter app is pointless. My skills are not too extensive, so OpenGL and pure Native code are not going to be used.

One important thing to note is that if I use any of your ideas, then I would, of course, give special thanks in the app. It will also be free. Why free? It's a resume builder for me.
    You can check this thread for ideas, I had started it months ago so that dev can get an idea of what people want for BB10

Quote Originally Posted by CrownIsle View Post
    Pattern Lock.
    Tip Calculator.
    Photo Editor Ultimate.

Will there be anything like PinShare or any other sort of social gps apps to share BB Pins?
    As for the tip calculator I have made one (I was my first BB10 app, and used to to learn Cascades) http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-input-753908/. I have added rounding to the app since that thread and will add more features also
    Quote Originally Posted by G-bone View Post
    BlackBerry : We invented the Smartphone Business.
    We're takin' it Back!
    Thanked by:
    CrownIsle (01-22-2013) 
    CrownIsle likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    24EF8E5A

Sidebar- I just learned from my friends phone, droid, that in the security section- they ALREADY as a standard feature on their phones- have an app EXACTLY like Pattern Lock. Go figure. I never would have guessed. We shall see what happens with BB 10
    "Do not boast old woman, your death sits in that cage."
    PIN- 24EF8E5A
    CrackBerry Addict

Car2Go App!!!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    160 Global Posts

please take a look at my app request post:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...g-bb10-767881/
    Previous Devices: Bold 9000, Torch 9800, Bold 9780
    Current Devices: Bold 9900, Playbook 64GB
    Short Little Fat F---er, that being Farmer

Global Posts
    22,114 Global Posts

Would you be able to make a battery app like 2+ battery on the android play store. It would be a great app if it could work on bb , I gained 50% more battery life with it.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    209 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrownIsle View Post
    Pattern Lock.
    Tip Calculator.
    Photo Editor Ultimate.

I would like to shameless plug my tip calculator app
    CrackBerry User

[SIZE=2]Hi Stoof How you doing. I`d like to share a problem with you, I don`t know if this is something you can do with an app or not BUT The New Z10 only vibrates 1 wimpy little vibrate for BBM. Phone is fine but BBM,Text & e-mail all get 1 little buzz. That`s No Good for the Deaf community .
    Combined The Deaf represent a large and loyal group of Blackberry users, I know some switched to I-Phones when video chat came out but I`m betting they will return when they see the Video BBM. My Torch was perfect I could set it to vibrate 10 times couldn`t miss it. Anyway if the Z10 could vibrate for 5secs straight when ever any notifyer was triggered that would help alot of people. Thanks for Listening
    All of us together are smarter than any one of us