Just how the iphones have jail break able tweaks to the UI, can the same thing be done on bb10? Would a jailbreak be necessary? Can an app run in the background without being in an active frame? (toggle switches for LTE would be nice)
Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
- 02-09-13, 02:24 PM #5
and the the word Jailbreak is to BlackBerry as Oil is to the water... at least until now
Jailbreak/Root, we need a better name for the process if it ever comes to BB
I'm not looking for some way to pirate apps, i'm just looking for tweakability to the UI, and yeah toggles in the top menu when you swipe down, maybe an app that lets you reassign the buttons you do have (the old bbs could do it, where I had an app open when I held the mute button or camera button)
Thats the kind of stuff I'd like to see atleast, if someone developed a toolkit and sold it for 5 bucks that had all those cool little customizations while actively improving on it, I think they could make a killing in the app world.
Wonder if we could start suggesting apps and collectively finance development for any users interested.
- 02-11-13, 07:30 AM #7
At this time you can not have headless apps. As neilwick stated it is in the works, because a lot of dev were requesting it. As for reassigning BB10 OS buttons that will not be possible, it would be nice if a dev would be able to add to the OS swipe down menu.
- By user0011 in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 3Last Post: 10-29-08, 12:46 PM
- By warrigal in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 5Last Post: 03-20-08, 01:27 PM
- By grim64131 in forum BlackBerry Pearl 81xxReplies: 9Last Post: 02-13-08, 04:05 PM
- By BerryOld in forum BlackBerry Pearl 81xxReplies: 16Last Post: 01-29-08, 02:22 PM
- By Marisa E in forum BlackBerry 71xx SeriesReplies: 2Last Post: 10-10-07, 07:50 AM