Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default UI toggles

Just how the iphones have jail break able tweaks to the UI, can the same thing be done on bb10? Would a jailbreak be necessary? Can an app run in the background without being in an active frame? (toggle switches for LTE would be nice)

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    184 Global Posts

I don't think that's possible at the moment, maybe later Blackberry will implement support though.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Can anyone confirm for sure if this is possible? Even a screen brightness toggle would be nice for power users
    CrackBerry Abuser

The latest development road map talks about "headless apps" and things of that nature, so I'm sure that background apps without active frames are in the works.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,538 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kishen View Post
    Just how the iphones have jail break able tweaks to the UI, can the same thing be done on bb10? Would a jailbreak be necessary? Can an app run in the background without being in an active frame? (toggle switches for LTE would be nice)
    There are many apps that already run in the background, mind you 1st party apps (BlackBerry built apps), when you say toggles, you mean in the drop down menu at or withing the settings?

and the the word Jailbreak is to BlackBerry as Oil is to the water... at least until now
    "If you can't find anything wrong with your OS of choice, you might be a fanboy, if you can't find anything RIGHT with the smartphone OSes you DON'T use, you're definitely a fanboy." - Ashley Esqueda

Trough the Phone Lens C0019FC6B
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Jailbreak/Root, we need a better name for the process if it ever comes to BB

I'm not looking for some way to pirate apps, i'm just looking for tweakability to the UI, and yeah toggles in the top menu when you swipe down, maybe an app that lets you reassign the buttons you do have (the old bbs could do it, where I had an app open when I held the mute button or camera button)

Thats the kind of stuff I'd like to see atleast, if someone developed a toolkit and sold it for 5 bucks that had all those cool little customizations while actively improving on it, I think they could make a killing in the app world.

Wonder if we could start suggesting apps and collectively finance development for any users interested.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    396 Global Posts

At this time you can not have headless apps. As neilwick stated it is in the works, because a lot of dev were requesting it. As for reassigning BB10 OS buttons that will not be possible, it would be nice if a dev would be able to add to the OS swipe down menu.
    Quote Originally Posted by G-bone View Post
    BlackBerry : We invented the Smartphone Business.
    We're takin' it Back!