Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By SCrid2000
  • 1 Post By mikeo007
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Question Turn off bounce in webworks

I am working on a webworks app and in one of our screens we have a list. I am not sure if it is a bug or because we are using a dev alpha b device for testing but when someone scrolls on the list sometimes it actually moves the whole web container of the webworks. I think iOS has a similar feature which can be disabled, and we want to disable it in webworks if possible until the bug is fixed. Anyone out there dealt with that feature, a bounce or over scrolling of the web container for web works? I couldn't find anything in the sdk but I am hoping there is some setting I can add to the config.xml to disable this feature.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Just PM

You've to add a special <meta> tag to every html file. I'll search for the whole meta code now.
    ❤ button

✪✪✪ Playbook + BB10 DEV , APPS ON REQUEST PLEASE PM ME. ✔✔✔[PB]Crackberry Forum App (NON-ANDROID) ✪✪✪
    ☢ bbUI.js ☢ expert -- Need HELP ? Just PM me ! ☣ Blackberry Playbook 64GB ☣
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,749 Global Posts

I did this in a couple of my apps. If Jeroen doesn't get back to you first, I'll check out the source code tonight.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Just PM

sorry for the late reply
    the tag ; (Add this to the index.htm if you're using BBui.js or put this in every htm file if you're building an other kind of Webworks app)

Code:
    <meta name="viewport" content="initial-scale=1.0,width=device-width,user-scalable=no,target-densitydpi=device-dpi" />
    <meta name="viewport" content="initial-scale=1.0,width=device-width,user-scalable=no,target-densitydpi=device-dpi" />
    ❤ button

✪✪✪ Playbook + BB10 DEV , APPS ON REQUEST PLEASE PM ME. ✔✔✔[PB]Crackberry Forum App (NON-ANDROID) ✪✪✪
    ☢ bbUI.js ☢ expert -- Need HELP ? Just PM me ! ☣ Blackberry Playbook 64GB ☣
    Thanked by:
    mhant (02-12-2013) 

Global Posts
    10,411 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me.

I don't think that meta data will do the trick, at least not in bbUI. You need to use data-bb-scroll-effect="off"

Also, there seems to be a bug if you use it with absolute or fixed positioning:
    https://github.com/blackberry/BB10-W...ork/issues/623
    Thanked by:
    mhant (02-12-2013) 
    mhant likes this.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

@SCrApps thanks the data-bb-scroll-effect seems to be doing the trick, and thanks everyone else for the quick responses.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Hey all a slight update from my previous post. It seems that the data-bb-scroll-effect property fixed the issue for most occasions, but still some occasions (changing focus and regenerating a list for example) that cause touch events to move the whole screen. Not sure why that is affecting anything, but will keep researching and post if I find any additional info. Thanks again for the fix takes care of most usage.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,749 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mhant View Post
    Hey all a slight update from my previous post. It seems that the data-bb-scroll-effect property fixed the issue for most occasions, but still some occasions (changing focus and regenerating a list for example) that cause touch events to move the whole screen. Not sure why that is affecting anything, but will keep researching and post if I find any additional info. Thanks again for the fix takes care of most usage.
    I found this would sometimes happen to me if I had elements extend close to the bottom of the screen. It would still end up scrolling ever so slightly when I clicked on an element that wasn't scrollable.
    What if you try encasing everything in a container with an absolute size/position?
    Thanked by:
    mhant (02-14-2013) 
    mhant likes this.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

Mikeeo007 Thanks, that seems to illiminate even more of the situations. For some reason though on out dev alpha B device it seems to think the resolution should be 570px X 342px (that is what it computed when given 100% X 100%, and other resolutions caused the app to not look right). One situation is left that still causes a scroll over bounce when pulling down too far, but all rest seem to be gone. Thanks again everyone, going to keep investigating and will update if I find anything else.