Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    792 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default My app works fine, should I recompile with Gold?

My webworks apps work fine on the latest DevAlpha OS build (1675), which I compiled using the previous version of Webworks (1.0.3.8?).

Do I still need to recompile with Webworks Gold SDK (1.0.4.5?) and resubmit to appworld, *even* if my apps seem to work perfectly fine on the dev alpha 10.0.9.1675?

I am using bbUI.js and all my functions on my apps seem to be working ok, and RIM didn't send me an email (like they did last time) telling me that my apps need to be recompiled and resubmitted like happened when we went from Webworks 1.0.2.9? to 1.0.3.8?

Thoughts anyone?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Crackberry Tapatalk Forum app
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,229 Global Posts
    PIN
    ask nicely

Quote Originally Posted by edyb View Post
    My webworks apps work fine on the latest DevAlpha OS build (1675), which I compiled using the previous version of Webworks (1.0.3.8?).

Do I still need to recompile with Webworks Gold SDK (1.0.4.5?) and resubmit to appworld, *even* if my apps seem to work perfectly fine on the dev alpha 10.0.9.1675?

I am using bbUI.js and all my functions on my apps seem to be working ok, and RIM didn't send me an email (like they did last time) telling me that my apps need to be recompiled and resubmitted like happened when we went from Webworks 1.0.2.9? to 1.0.3.8?

Thoughts anyone?
    Yes You should.

Old the "pre gold" SDKs should be considered beta, and it's only from Gold moving forward that compatibly with release version is guaranteed.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,218 Global Posts

You apparently don't need to, but I really think you ought to. Are you ever planning to update your app again, ever? If so, wouldn't you think it's safer to update it now and make sure it's fully tested, before you have lots of users? If you hold off, you're just pushing that SDK upgrade into the future, where you'll probably have forgotten something about how you build or package things, or the SDK will have been updated again with incompatible changes (always a possibility), or something else. I'd say not going to gold now, when there's still lots of time before launch, would be foolish unless you plan never to make another release.
    Battery Guru for BB10 tracks voltage, power, battery health. (Also on the PlayBook.) White Noise helps you sleep or concentrate.
    Follow us on Twitter or Facebook or visit Engenuity's mobile apps page.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    792 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Default My app works fine, should I recompile with Gold?

Thanks for the reply.

So basically, increase the version number on all my Webworks apps, recompile them with the Gold SDK, and update all my vendor portal file bundles?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Crackberry Tapatalk Forum app
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,218 Global Posts

Yes, and re-test! :-)
    Battery Guru for BB10 tracks voltage, power, battery health. (Also on the PlayBook.) White Noise helps you sleep or concentrate.
    Follow us on Twitter or Facebook or visit Engenuity's mobile apps page.