How do I use the simulator?
I'm not even a beginner app developer yet. But I want to develop something. But to get up and running, I need some help.
I've downloaded the BB Cascades Gold SDK and I'm trying to play around with some sample codes. But I'm not sure how to launch the app in the simulator.
Can anyone help?
- 12-20-12, 03:20 PM #2
Yes, I have all of that installed. I have it up and running. The SDK detected the simulator's IP address. I have an example code ready to go.
But I don't know how to run the code on the simulator. I clicked "Build" for "Simulator" or something like that. Then clicked "Run". But I'm not sure if that's even it.
I heard something about doing stuff from command line. Not sure if I have to do that.
I do have a background in somewhat familiar with Eclipse and Netbeans. So I'm not a complete noob. Or I don't think anyway lol. But yeah, I've hit a road block.
So I'm doing that exact same thing.
But I'm getting a Launch Error. "You are attempting to run an application built for the device on the simulator. Please rebuild your application for the simulator."
That's what I was getting first. Now I'm getting this.
"Deployment Failed: Info: Sending request: Install and LaunchInfo: Action: Install and Launch
Info: Debug native: on
Info: File size: 22615
Info: Installing com.example.FallingBlocks.testDev_llingBlocks37d00 9c_...
Info: Processing 22615 bytes"
It might be because my laptop can barely run the simulator as it is. But even with the bottleneck I want to be able to mess around with code and get familiar. Does anyone know what the deal is?
- 12-21-12, 01:37 PM #6
- By mr lamarr in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 1Last Post: 09-16-08, 11:12 PM
- By steve7410 in forum Verizon WirelessReplies: 2Last Post: 09-08-08, 11:18 PM
- By Sotteson1 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 06-07-08, 02:31 PM
- By bigsamoa in forum BlackBerry Pearl 81xxReplies: 3Last Post: 05-01-08, 10:22 AM
- By marcelo_1376460 in forum BlackBerry Pearl 8100Replies: 3Last Post: 04-27-08, 07:25 AM