Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Exaktime for BB10

Hello App developers! I am hoping some genious can give me an answer if an app would be an easy port or not. The app in question is called Jobclock by Exaktime, it can be downloaded for free at bb.jobclock.com. To actually use it with their servers requires a $299 license.

This app is key to my business, and we have been using it for 5 years. We are hoping to move to BB10 devices but without this app we wouldn't be able to. Currently the developer has no plan to support BB10. I am hoping that it is an easy port and I can give them some easy information as to what they'd need to do.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    115 Global Posts

Is this the product you are using?
    Portable Time Tracking - Mobile Devices - ExakTime

It looks like there is an Android app. From the link you posted I could only find downloads for Palm OS and Windows Mobile. If the apps are BBOS(5/6/7), Palm or Windows, the app would have to be rewritten from the ground up. If they do have an Android app, there is a good chance that they could convert it here:
    https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/android/bpaa/

What does the application do that you need? Is it a stand alone app or does it sync with some kind of device?
    Sent from the future in my BB10 powered DeLorean

iPhone/iPad/iPad2/iPod Touch running iOS 4.0 or later. BlackBerry running BlackBerry OS 4.5.0 or later (7100, 7200 and 8700 series not supported). Android running OS 2.1 or later. Window Mobile 5.0 or later with a touch screen (Windows Phone 7 not supported).
    FaceFront Biometrics is available for devices with a front-facing camera running iOS 4.0 or later and Android OS 2.3 or later.
    All devices require ExakTime Mobile software and ExakTime's cloud service.

It *could* be rewritten but it wont be for junior developers. You need to negotiate their encryption and deal with there servers.

It would be cheaper to:
    - obtain a questionable report of the android build for bb10 by converting the apk

Or better yet:
    - spend some money. Get 2xVPS's @ 50/m each. Pay a small developer group like mine (50-75/hr per dev) or someone offshore (10_15/hr/dev - sacrificing documentation + quality) to build the entire thing using your own servers, apps, encryption, etc. This way you get paid the 299/yearly. But thats an odd subscription model. You should charger per company size. If you do this, pay the contracted developer for a prototype or proof of concept first (cheaper and proves it will work to you).

Ed
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Ed, thanks for the reply. BTW, its $299 a one time license fee, and then they charge a yearly fee for their "sync" service. Are you saying that this would be an easy port for the developer if they decided to?

Default Exaktime for BB10

Hmm

If that Android port is compatible - and I suspect it is - I could port it for you in about 20 seconds if they were ok with it.

They probably just can't provide tech support for it.

Ed

Sent from my BlackBerry Veedu using Tapatalk 3