Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Thumbs up Dev Alpha C deal for BBJam (Europe) participants!

Last tuesday at BBJam Europe, Alec Saunders announced the possibility of receiving a Dev Alpha C if you make your Z10 app compatible with Q10. This however, was only possible for BBJam Europe participants who registered their app at one of the booths on-site.

What do you guys think of this? And do you think this deal will be valid for future BBJams? And do you think there will be a Limited Edition Q10 as well??? Or maybe the Dev Alpha C will eventually receive the official OS, so it can be used as a daily driver (not a rumor, just my wish!).

And for the Devs present at BBJam Europe, do you have to change a lot to make your app compatible with the Q10? I only had to make some graphical changed due to the default background color of the Q10, which took me like 30 minutes. The app is already submitted as well

Share your thoughts and/ or actions!
    Phone BlackBerry Z10 Ferrari Red Limited Edition (speading BB10 love at bro's place) & BlackBerry Q10 White (standby for clubbin') & BlackBerry Z30 Black (in hibernation mode) & Blackberry Q5 Black (spreading BB10 awesomeness @ best friend) & BlackBerry Passport Black (daily driver)

Follow me on Twitter @H4zN_ for more BlackBerry love!

Global Posts
    10,538 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me.

I'm a bit nervous about how this affects devs who didn't get to Jam's chances of getting a Dev Alpha C.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    563 Global Posts
    PIN
    5011QNX6

It's not fair for those who can't attend the event Although, converting process is not too damn complicated. Mostly changing assets and small changes in component position/size make the app compatible with Q10. I couldn't attend the jam, but submitted my app release for Q10.

Global Posts
    10,538 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by borceg View Post
    It's not fair for those who can't attend the event Although, converting process is not too damn complicated. Mostly changing assets and small changes in component position/size make the app compatible with Q10. I couldn't attend the jam, but submitted my app release for Q10.
    I wouldn't say it's not fair unless it reduces your liklihood of qualifying for one.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    563 Global Posts
    PIN
    5011QNX6

Well, chances to qualify at the beginning of the program are slightly lower if you haven't attended Jam event.