CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Considering Developing Apps

Hey guys,

BB10, and my playbook have inspired me to attempt to begin making apps of my own. Instead of complaining about the lack of apps (no longer true by any means) I could maybe join the solution. It'll take me some time to adjust to C++ and actually produce a game, but I figured I would at least start playing around and figuring out the basics. My question to you Developers is this (just 1 for now :P)...

When you are registering for App signing keys, does the company name you put become the vendor name? Also what if I don't have a company?
    Help is appreciated.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,525 Global Posts

Yes, the company name is your vendor name. If you don't have a company, you should use your own legal name as the company name.

Good luck and have fun.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by mikeo007 View Post
    Yes, the company name is your vendor name. If you don't have a company, you should use your own legal name as the company name.

Good luck and have fun.
    Thanks for the reply. One more quick question...is the vendor name changeable (say I create a company hypothetically in the future) can I change the vendor name at a later date?
    CrackBerry Addict

If you change your company name and your vendor name is your company name, you will most likely have to resubmit your articles of incorporation or legal docs. Should be no problem.
    Purchase these awesome apps for Z10 (BB10-device): Utilities: Mobile Network | Developer ModeBluetooth | Mobile Hotspot | NFC | Learn Essential Japanese Verbs | Ultimate Powerball
    FREE BlackBoard Lite (Free!) Coming SOON!: Mega Millions 10

Global Posts
    10,387 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me.

When you register for signing keys you can use whatever name you want. You can use a different name for your vendor name in App World if you want. Unless you're planning on creating an LLC you won't need any to file articles of incorporation or anything. In fact if you're just working for yourself you probably don't need to do anything except pay taxes.*Not legal advice.