Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By travisredpath
  1. jeroen_13's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,754 Posts
    PIN
    Just PM
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Cascades for Playbook ?

    Hi, i saw a topic about cascades for the playbook, but there wasn't a real how-to description. The topic is dead, so maybe people here know; how can I run Cascades on the playbook ?

    How do I have to package the apps ? I know that you manually have to add all the libs
  2. travisredpath's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    218 Posts
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    #2  

    Default

    I'd be interested to see if anyone else has got it working. I can get an app to compile but when I run it I just get a bunch of error messages.

    Code:
    slog2_api: cannot connect to slogger2 server...errno=No such file or directory
    Error registering slogger2 buffer!
    Failed to open Locale pps, errno=2slog2_api: cannot connect to slogger2 server...errno=No such file or directory
    Error registering slogger2 buffer!
    slog2_api: cannot connect to slogger2 server...errno=No such file or directory
    Error registering slogger2 buffer!
    OrientationSupportPrivate::getSupportedDisplayOrientation:   slog2_api: cannot connect to slogger2 server...errno=No such file or directory
    Error registering slogger2 buffer!
    OrientationSupportPrivate::initDirectionAndOrientation(): ERROR:either ROTATION, ORIENTATION, WIDTH or HEIGHT env. variables are not set correctly! Using default values for colt: (0, top_up, 768x1280) slog2_api: cannot connect to slogger2 server...errno=No such file or directory
    Error registering slogger2 buffer!
    OrientationSupportPrivate::initDirectionAndOrientation: 
       isCardOrViewer:  false 
       manifestDisplayOrientation: DeviceNorth 
       displayOrientation: DeviceNorth 
       uiOrientation: Portrait 
       displayDirection: North 
       nativeDisplayOrientation: Portrait slog2_api: cannot connect to slogger2 server...errno=No such file or directory
    Error registering slogger2 buffer!
    LocaleHanderPrivate::LocaleHandlerPrivate - Unable to open locale PPS channel slog2_api: cannot connect to slogger2 server...errno=No such file or directory
    Error registering slogger2 buffer!
    LocaleHandlerPrivate::LocaleHandlerPrivate - Unable to open UOM PPS channel slog2_api: cannot connect to slogger2 server...errno=No such file or directory
    Error registering slogger2 buffer!
    LocaleHandlerPrivate::LocaleHandlerPrivate - Unable to open UOM PPS channel slog2_api: cannot connect to slogger2 server...errno=No such file or directory
    Error registering slogger2 buffer in lgmon_init() around line 1061!
    slogger2 buffer handle not initialized. ../../lgmon_api.c, logEvent(), around line 514!
    slog2_api: cannot connect to slogger2 server...errno=No such file or directory
    Error registering slogger2 buffer!
    slog2_api: cannot connect to slogger2 server...errno=No such file or directory
    Error registering slogger2 buffer!
    BpsEventManagerDependReal::setEventFilter - thread has no event dispatcher
    I don't think it's going to be possible to do, there are some changes to some core libraries that I'm guessing will stop it from working. Although it is interesting to see that the code still refers to the device as the Blackberry Colt.
  3. nappp's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,436 Posts
    #3  

    Default Re: Cascades for Playbook ?

    could you contact the dev of the Pacemaker app? it was supposed to be 100% cascades
    Sprint Q10
    32GB Playbook
  4. big bb's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    394 Posts
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    #4  

    Default

    Here is a post about it /dev/alopix: HowTo: Use BlackBerry 10 Cascades UI framework on PlayBook.
    I have not had time to test if it works.


    NVM i had that bookmarked from before, I just was reading the comments that say it does not work anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by G-bone View Post
    BlackBerry : We invented the Smartphone Business.
    We're takin' it Back!
  5. travisredpath's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    218 Posts
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    #5  

    Default

    Even though I hate bump posts I'm going to bump this thread to make sure that it remains at the top of the threads list. I'm really interested to see if other people have attempted to get this running with the latest SDKs or if this is still possible if you have older SDKs sitting around. It's unfortunate that this thread got moved to an obscure forum at the bottom of the forums page.
    BB_Bmore likes this.
  6. jeroen_13's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,754 Posts
    PIN
    Just PM
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by travisredpath View Post
    I'd be interested to see if anyone else has got it working. I can get an app to compile but when I run it I just get a bunch of error messages.

    Code:
    slog2_api: cannot connect to slogger2 server...errno=No such file or directory
    Error registering slogger2 buffer!
    Failed to open Locale pps, errno=2slog2_api: cannot connect to slogger2 server...errno=No such file or directory
    Error registering slogger2 buffer!
    slog2_api: cannot connect to slogger2 server...errno=No such file or directory
    Error registering slogger2 buffer!
    OrientationSupportPrivate::getSupportedDisplayOrientation:   slog2_api: cannot connect to slogger2 server...errno=No such file or directory
    Error registering slogger2 buffer!
    OrientationSupportPrivate::initDirectionAndOrientation(): ERROR:either ROTATION, ORIENTATION, WIDTH or HEIGHT env. variables are not set correctly! Using default values for colt: (0, top_up, 768x1280) slog2_api: cannot connect to slogger2 server...errno=No such file or directory
    Error registering slogger2 buffer!
    OrientationSupportPrivate::initDirectionAndOrientation: 
       isCardOrViewer:  false 
       manifestDisplayOrientation: DeviceNorth 
       displayOrientation: DeviceNorth 
       uiOrientation: Portrait 
       displayDirection: North 
       nativeDisplayOrientation: Portrait slog2_api: cannot connect to slogger2 server...errno=No such file or directory
    Error registering slogger2 buffer!
    LocaleHanderPrivate::LocaleHandlerPrivate - Unable to open locale PPS channel slog2_api: cannot connect to slogger2 server...errno=No such file or directory
    Error registering slogger2 buffer!
    LocaleHandlerPrivate::LocaleHandlerPrivate - Unable to open UOM PPS channel slog2_api: cannot connect to slogger2 server...errno=No such file or directory
    Error registering slogger2 buffer!
    LocaleHandlerPrivate::LocaleHandlerPrivate - Unable to open UOM PPS channel slog2_api: cannot connect to slogger2 server...errno=No such file or directory
    Error registering slogger2 buffer in lgmon_init() around line 1061!
    slogger2 buffer handle not initialized. ../../lgmon_api.c, logEvent(), around line 514!
    slog2_api: cannot connect to slogger2 server...errno=No such file or directory
    Error registering slogger2 buffer!
    slog2_api: cannot connect to slogger2 server...errno=No such file or directory
    Error registering slogger2 buffer!
    BpsEventManagerDependReal::setEventFilter - thread has no event dispatcher
    I don't think it's going to be possible to do, there are some changes to some core libraries that I'm guessing will stop it from working. Although it is interesting to see that the code still refers to the device as the Blackberry Colt.
    How did you compiled it ? Whick SDK did you used an what command line codes ?

    Could you please share it ?

    make sure it stays at the top of the list
  7. travisredpath's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    218 Posts
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    #7  

    Default

    I compiled in Momentics targeting platform 2.1 and extracted the cascades libraries from the BB10 Gold SDK. The code is more or less just the default template for cascades projects in the gold SDKs version of Momentics with Application::addLibraryPath("app/native/lib"); added as the first line of code in the main method (I actually think I pulled it out of the AlmostTI project).

    I archived the projects directory and uploaded it here: TestCascades.zip

    To keep the file size down I didn't include anything that I extracted from the BB10 SDK. You will need to copy the bb folder from target_10_0_9_1673/qnx6/usr/include to the include folder in the project as well as the following libraries from either target_10_0_9_1673/qnx6/[x86 or armle-v7]/usr/lib or target_10_0_9_1673/qnx6/[x86 or armle-v7]/lib to the libs folder.

    libasound.so.2, libaudio_manager.so.1, libbb.so, libbbcascades.so, libbbplatformqmlplugin_1.so, libbbsystem.so, libbps.so, libcamapi.so.1, libcertmgr_client.so.1, libcontext.so, libgoogleurl.so, libgrskia.so, libharfbuzz.so.0, libharfbuzzng.so.0, libhuapi.so.5, libicudata.so.49, libicui18n.so.49, libicuuc.so.49, libimfclient.so.1, libinput_client.so.1, libiTypes.so.1, libmd.so.1, libnfc.so, libnfc_bps.so, libpps.so.1, libppscache.so.1, libproxyinfo.so.1, libQtCore.so, libQtDeclarative.so, libQtGui.so, libQtNetwork.so, libQtOpenGL.so, libQtScript.so, libQtScriptTools.so, libQtSql.so, libQtSvg.so, libQtXml.so, libQtXmlPatterns.so, libsbgse56.so.0, libscreen.so, libscreen.so.1, libslog2.so, libstrpattern.so, libwebkit.so, libwebkitplatform.so, and libwebview.so.

    I also think I did something funny with the folder setup so this is missing from the uploaded archive and will need to be added to a c file:

    Code:
    #include <time.h>
    #include <stdlib.h>
    #include <string.h>
    #include <dirent.h>
    #include <sys/cdefs.h>
    #include <sys/types.h>
    #include <stdint.h>
    
    time_t timegm(struct tm * tm)
    {
    	time_t ret = 0;
    	char *tz;
    	tz = getenv("TZ");
    	setenv("TZ", "", 1);
    	tzset();
    	ret = mktime(tm);
    	if (tz)
    		setenv("TZ", tz, 1);
    	else
    		unsetenv("TZ");
    	tzset();
    	return ret;
    }
    
    size_t strnlen(const char* s, size_t maxlen)
    {
    	size_t len = 0;
    	while (s[len] != '\0' && maxlen > 0)
    	{
    		if (s[++len] == '\0' || --maxlen == 0)
    			return len;
    		if (s[++len] == '\0' || --maxlen == 0)
    			return len;
    		if (s[++len] == '\0' || --maxlen == 0)
    			return len;
    		++len;
    		--maxlen;
    	}
    	return len;
    }
    
    int _readdir_r(DIR *dirp, struct dirent *entry, struct dirent **result)
    {
    	return readdir_r(dirp, entry, result);
    }
    
    int inotify_init(void)
    {
    	return -1;
    }
    
    int inotify_add_watch(int fd, const char * path, uint32_t mask)
    {
    	return -1;
    }
    
    int inotify_rm_watch(int fd, int32_t wd)
    {
    	return -1;
    }
  8. jeroen_13's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,754 Posts
    PIN
    Just PM
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by travisredpath View Post
    I also think I did something funny with the folder setup so this is missing from the uploaded archive and will need to be added to a c file:

    Code:
    #include <time.h>
    #include <stdlib.h>
    #include <string.h>
    #include <dirent.h>
    #include <sys/cdefs.h>
    #include <sys/types.h>
    #include <stdint.h>
    
    time_t timegm(struct tm * tm)
    {
    	time_t ret = 0;
    	char *tz;
    	tz = getenv("TZ");
    	setenv("TZ", "", 1);
    	tzset();
    	ret = mktime(tm);
    	if (tz)
    		setenv("TZ", tz, 1);
    	else
    		unsetenv("TZ");
    	tzset();
    	return ret;
    }
    
    size_t strnlen(const char* s, size_t maxlen)
    {
    	size_t len = 0;
    	while (s[len] != '\0' && maxlen > 0)
    	{
    		if (s[++len] == '\0' || --maxlen == 0)
    			return len;
    		if (s[++len] == '\0' || --maxlen == 0)
    			return len;
    		if (s[++len] == '\0' || --maxlen == 0)
    			return len;
    		++len;
    		--maxlen;
    	}
    	return len;
    }
    
    int _readdir_r(DIR *dirp, struct dirent *entry, struct dirent **result)
    {
    	return readdir_r(dirp, entry, result);
    }
    
    int inotify_init(void)
    {
    	return -1;
    }
    
    int inotify_add_watch(int fd, const char * path, uint32_t mask)
    {
    	return -1;
    }
    
    int inotify_rm_watch(int fd, int32_t wd)
    {
    	return -1;
    }
    to which file do i need to add it ? and how do i have to name it ?
    ❤ button

    ✪✪✪ Playbook + BB10 DEV , APPS ON REQUEST PLEASE PM ME. ✔✔✔[PB]Crackberry Forum App (NON-ANDROID) ✪✪✪
    ☢ bbUI.js ☢ expert -- Need HELP ? Just PM me ! ☣ Blackberry Playbook 64GB ☣
  9. travisredpath's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    218 Posts
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    #9  

    Default

    Add it to a c file (ex. libc.c) anywhere in the source folder.
  10. jeroen_13's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,754 Posts
    PIN
    Just PM
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by travisredpath View Post
    Add it to a c file (ex. libc.c) anywhere in the source folder.
    your method didn't worked for me...

    i managed to deploy/edit an other app (xSachas' sample)
    i only can edit 1 .qml file because i dont have the source code.
    the manifest only shows 1 qml file
    ❤ button

    ✪✪✪ Playbook + BB10 DEV , APPS ON REQUEST PLEASE PM ME. ✔✔✔[PB]Crackberry Forum App (NON-ANDROID) ✪✪✪
    ☢ bbUI.js ☢ expert -- Need HELP ? Just PM me ! ☣ Blackberry Playbook 64GB ☣
  11. travisredpath's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    218 Posts
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    #11  

    Default

    What problems did you find? You will have to make sure that the build is not accidentally targeting the OS 2.1 version of the libraries that need to be updated (ie. that exist in the lib folder).

    I'd be interested in more details about xSacha's example.

Similar Threads

  1. BlackBerry Presenter for Playbook?
    By Paladinleeds in forum PlayBook Apps & Games
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 09-07-2012, 02:08 AM
  2. Cascades for playbook - when? More apps?
    By buky in forum BlackBerry PlayBook OS
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-08-2012, 08:07 PM
  3. Big Oven app for playbook ...
    By bigpolla04 in forum BlackBerry PlayBook
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-01-2010, 12:44 PM
  4. Big Oven app for playbook ...
    By bigpolla04 in forum BlackBerry OS Apps
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-01-2010, 12:44 PM
  5. Ultimate Play for Playbook & RIM
    By jamdmyers in forum Rumored Devices
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-28-2010, 06:31 AM

Posting Permissions