Just wondering if anyone has used the Bluetooth SPP?
I am making an app that need to send info to a bluetooth printer and I just need to send a string that has been converted in bytes. If anyone could point me to any sample code or any documentation
there was a little on the developer site but it seems to have gone missing.
Yes I already downloaded that and I get an error with the code and i did not change anything
error -> 'bt_rdev_get_address' was not declared in this scope
I am wait for a reply from @BlackBerryDev on that.
I commented out the code because I know the address, I manually put it in, but it is also looking for the SPP server and the printer is not running the SPP chat server that is in the code. I was just looking for the documentation for SPP because the BlackBerry Developer site does not have it anymore.
- CrackBerry Abuser
12-17-2012, 05:22 PM #4
- 499 Posts
I only posted here after I downloaded the Bluetooth SPP chat example, which i was getting an error with the code, I tweeted to @BlackBerryDev to find out why I was getting the error. Also the Bluetooth SPP documents was removed from the developer site, which I checked last night and it is back up. I am still waiting to hear back from @BlackBerryDev on the error.
I just just wondering if anyone knew of any other place that has other documentation on Bluetooth SPP.
- 05-04-2013, 10:25 PM #6
I have some bad news for you. While there are APIs for SPP; apparently BB neglected to code for them in the OS. At this time, there is no serial port profile services available. I have tried each leaked and official OS for the STL-2 &3 and have paired many SPP devices. Each one shows None under services available.Ad Lucem
- By MoJoe in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 26Last Post: 05-07-2009, 12:06 PM
- By cooldale99 in forum BlackBerry 71xx SeriesReplies: 4Last Post: 03-02-2008, 01:25 PM
- By Kyle W. Edmonds in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 7Last Post: 02-29-2008, 05:23 AM
- By naviwilliams in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 12Last Post: 01-05-2008, 12:05 AM
- By KeziaPurrs in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 03-07-2007, 08:07 AM