Is anyone else trying to use the Qt libraries that come with BB10 (ex. QtDeclarative)? They seem to be incredibly buggy, at least in the simulator. Even using a simple bit of QML like this:

Code:
    import QtQuick 1.0

Rectangle {
    }
    will cause the app to crash when you show the virtual keyboard or when you rotate the screen (although this one is worse as it requires a reboot of the simulator, see below).

Also, if I was to lock the app to landscape mode, after it crashes from showing the virtual keyboard the app is then locked to portrait mode.

Blackberry 10 Qt Libraries-crashonrotate.jpg
    12-13-12 04:24 PM
    Hmm I haven't used QT as much as I should.

Dumb question, but do you have the latest OS updates? I had to update to fix AIR SDK bugs recently.

If you post a sample BAR ill abuse it on my alpha and report back.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    12-14-12 05:51 PM
    do you have the latest OS updates?
    This test was done using the Gold release of the SDK and simulator. I would rather use Cascades for my app but since that's not possible I'm stuck trying to figure out why Qt appears not to be working.

Here is an installer for a simple test program. The only difference from my first post is that I added a TextEdit so that there is a control to test if the app doesn't crash. I have no way of making sure that this installer works so hopefully it will install fine.

TestCrash-1_0_0_1.bar
    12-14-12 06:27 PM