BlackBerry 10 email client and IMAP IDLE?
1. Do the Dev Alphas have a fully functioning email client?
2. Does the BB10 email client support IMAP IDLE (instant imap push without needing to poll) -- either on the Dev Alphas or the Z10 if anyone had a chance to play with it.
- 12-29-12, 07:57 PM #3
For second question: the PlayBook already supports that, and there's every reason to think BB10 will have even better support for IMAP.
If someone wanted to check, actually, the email service is in the Dev Alpha, even though the Hub (UI) is missing. You could just add an IMAP account and the device would retrieve your mail and stay synchronized. You should be able to check on the server side whether BB10 is correctly using the IDLE support.
- By Superfly_FR in forum News & RumorsReplies: 1Last Post: 06-06-12, 12:02 PM
- By ad19 in forum PlayBook Apps & GamesReplies: 1Last Post: 02-22-12, 11:54 AM
- By ad19 in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 1Last Post: 02-22-12, 11:54 AM
- By Rayford Booth in forum Tips, How To & FAQReplies: 116Last Post: 05-30-10, 08:17 AM
- By pfiffi78 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 5Last Post: 12-08-08, 03:57 PM