Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes
    CrackBerry Abuser

I want a good multi-alarm device. i want to be able to have multiple alarms - each with specific dates, times, ringtones, and snooze options.

a function that requires basic math to be solved before snoozing would be good. perhaps press something to quiet it immediately, but force the user to solve the problem in 10 seconds or have it ring again?
    Qaxl likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #77  

Quote Originally Posted by jasperlin View Post
    I want a good multi-alarm device. i want to be able to have multiple alarms - each with specific dates, times, ringtones, and snooze options.

a function that requires basic math to be solved before snoozing would be good. perhaps press something to quiet it immediately, but force the user to solve the problem in 10 seconds or have it ring again?
    I will check if any developer I know are working on an alarm clock app.
    Have you seen the BB10 alarm?
    I know it does not have the function to solve something to snooze, but I love how it uses light to also wake you up (which is a more natural way to wake up)
    Quote Originally Posted by G-bone View Post
    BlackBerry : We invented the Smartphone Business.
    We're takin' it Back!
    Thanked by:
    EsJayDee (12-14-2012) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,537 Global Posts

I am an avid writer, when I had a BlackBerry, I wrote many, many stories. Memopad was an app I used daily!

I am looking for a note app that will sync to one of the major cloud services; Google Drive, Dropbox, Box, etc. Of course, BlackBerry devices have always had the Memopad which I would always use but cloud sync is vital, just incase of a lost, stolen, damaged or software restored device. Ideally, one would hope RIM would offer some kind of syncing to these services but I highly doubt it.

Don't be afraid to THANK or LIKE

BBM: 7A03E5E9

What is the ultimate BlackBerry? The ultimate BlackBerry would be a device with the screen size of the Z10 along with the physical keyboard of the Q10 and the battery life of the Z30. This, would be the ultimate BlackBerry. Why they haven't built it yet remains one of the greatest mystery of BlackBerry.

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #79  

Quote Originally Posted by Plazmic Flame View Post
    I am an avid writer, when I had a BlackBerry, I wrote many, many stories. Memopad was an app I used daily!

I am looking for a note app that will sync to one of the major cloud services; Google Drive, Dropbox, Box, etc. Of course, BlackBerry devices have always had the Memopad which I would always use but cloud sync is vital, just incase of a lost, stolen, damaged or software restored device. Ideally, one would hope RIM would offer some kind of syncing to these services but I highly doubt it.

Are you looking for two way syncing, or just upload when you save it?
    We're takin' it Back!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by big bb View Post
    I will check if any developer I know are working on an alarm clock app.
    Have you seen the BB10 alarm?
    I know it does not have the function to solve something to snooze, but I love how it uses light to also wake you up (which is a more natural way to wake up)
    I like the Alarm App Idea too ... maybe a feature could be added to let the app know if a specific alarm is meant to Wake me up, or just remind me to do something, in case of wake up it makes sure you are up by using puzzles and light and stuff.

I think Evernote already does that, it uses its own cloud system and is compatible with Windows/Mac/Android/iOS and BlackBerry too. But don't really use it so I can't comment if its any good for writing long stories.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,537 Global Posts

Are you looking for two way syncing, or just upload when you save it?
    Two way syncing would be the end goal for sure. What I wouldn't want happening is duplicate files. Like lets say I'm at a desktop and I edit the file there, I wouldn't want to then jump onto my BB and not have the file updated there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Qaxl View Post
    I think Evernote already does that, it uses its own cloud system and is compatible with Windows/Mac/Android/iOS and BlackBerry too. But don't really use it so I can't comment if its any good for writing long stories.
    I've tried Evernote before, heard tons of people rave about it but I just don't like it. That's just me though.

Don't be afraid to THANK or LIKE

BBM: 7A03E5E9

What is the ultimate BlackBerry? The ultimate BlackBerry would be a device with the screen size of the Z10 along with the physical keyboard of the Q10 and the battery life of the Z30. This, would be the ultimate BlackBerry. Why they haven't built it yet remains one of the greatest mystery of BlackBerry.

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #82  

Two way syncing would be the end goal for sure. What I wouldn't want happening is duplicate files. Like lets say I'm at a desktop and I edit the file there, I wouldn't want to then jump onto my BB and not have the file updated there as well.

I've tried Evernote before, heard tons of people rave about it but I just don't like it. That's just me though.
    OK just checking because some might have only wanted it one way
    We're takin' it Back!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Default Re: BB10 app ideas

you think you could try and make a download manager for any type of file. need the ability to pause and resume. it would be perfect and for the playbook too please.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #84  

Quote Originally Posted by osbook View Post
    you think you could try and make a download manager for any type of file. need the ability to pause and resume. it would be perfect and for the playbook too please.
    What kind of downloads?

if you mean from cloud storage there is a fellow developer that is working on an app call Playcloud 10, he just recently added the functionality to print from a BB10 device.
    We're takin' it Back!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Default Re: BB10 app ideas

well I meant like a normal dowload manager for pc, one you copy link from browser and paste it so you can download anything from there, one example is andro get is on appworld by handster inc but can't have multiple downloads, its and android port, and the most important can't pause and resume. the reason I need one is because my internet connection is slow so most times downloads get dropped so with the manager I could pause and resume later. its just an idea though, I been trying to learn to do one my self but I only have knowledge on html and some html5 so its not so helpful.

* I don't have a problem with android ports, most work perfectly like Qpdf (because of my mention of androget).
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,603 Global Posts

The only thing is that barcodes are for a product not for the price of the product, because each store has their own price for the same product as other stores.

If the stores would allow access to their database for the product price then the barcode could be used, or if they could on board they could just put QR codes on the label with would be very easy to get the required information for the app (a lot of leg work to get stores on board).

another thing to use could be number recognition using the camera for price labels, but store might have multiple number on the label.

would you be ok with enter the price in manually.

I will look into other ways of access the necessary information.
    I guess, it just seems that everything is going electronic now a days.
    I can hope and pray my idea comes to play in the next 20-30 years.
    I wait for the future...to COME back to BlackBerry!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    PIN
    Maybe...

An app to turn off LTE...
    Have you hit SEARCH today?/
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #88  

Quote Originally Posted by calicocat2010 View Post
    I guess, it just seems that everything is going electronic now a days.
    I can hope and pray my idea comes to play in the next 20-30 years.
    I am currently work on something that could solve that issue, but it is just me working on it so I will take a long time.
    We're takin' it Back!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #89  

Quote Originally Posted by DINGSTER1 View Post
    Why would you want to turn off LTE
    We're takin' it Back!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    PIN
    Maybe...

On my android device, it constantly is dropping and searching for a 4g connection. I must be in either an oversaturated or an edge area of DC Metro. There is an app to switch lte off which works pretty well...
    Have you hit SEARCH today?/
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by DINGSTER1 View Post
    That is almost certainly a standard option on the lte models anyway.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #92  

Quote Originally Posted by Skeevecr View Post
    That is almost certainly a standard option on the lte models anyway.
    and not to sure if developers have access to that kind of control, i know we can turn cellular off. I could check with RIM
    We're takin' it Back!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    402 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by z1nsane View Post
    How about an app like ShortcutMe for BB10? Assuming you can pull out the menu whenever you want like on the PlayBook.
    I had been thinking of one like that also, I was thinking of using the bezel doing different gestures to get to what you want.
    Wasn't there an app called Quick Launch that was similar to ShortCutMe and was better equipped for touchscreen devices?
    Please disregard my typos, I'm using Apple products.

Can't Live Without Green If You Know What I Mean.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,856 Global Posts
    PIN
    excepting applications

Default BB10 app ideas

I'm thinking more and more one of the surprises RIM might have is a Java emulator were as apps from BBos could be carried over.

Sounds crazy but they actually were working on something like this in the early PlayBook days.

Who knows only January 30th I guess.

Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    I waited...It launched...Im still waiting...
    CrackBerry Abuser

I hope they don't do the java emulator, the bb7 apps would look terrible on the device in comparison.
    CrackBerry Genius

and not to sure if developers have access to that kind of control, i know we can turn cellular off. I could check with RIM
    I didn't mean developers would have access to it, so much as it would be standard in the network options anyway, unless a carrier blocked it for some particular reason.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,180 Global Posts

Ok ideas. . .Public transportation app . . .and some sort of mulit instant messenger app that can talk to other cross platform apps?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #98  

Quote Originally Posted by AfroZepher View Post
    some sort of mulit instant messenger app that can talk to other cross platform apps?
    That would be kind of the hubs job, because if each cross platform messaging app utilized the available apis you could do all your messaging from the hub.
    We're takin' it Back!
    CrackBerry User

Here's an idea requested from the Playbook Apps and Games board
    Don't Playbook Owners Do Cross Stitch?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #100  

Quote Originally Posted by pbluv View Post
    Here's an idea requested from the Playbook Apps and Games board
    Don't Playbook Owners Do Cross Stitch?
    could you give me an example of an android or iOS app.
    We're takin' it Back!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast